User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Let's see, Ni looks to the future and checks for all possible alternate outcomes. It sees many, many different ways of looking at things and perspectives. Te naturally makes things efficient and wants to make the decision that makes the most sense. So Ni would look at all possible outcomes and perspectives, and with Te the NTJ would decide on what would be the most logical outcome to strive for, or the most efficient result; with the differing perspectives aiding the process along the way.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTJ

Ni is what we are. Te is how we express it so that you can understand it.

Ni is infinity. Te is a figure eight turned on it's side.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i think one of the key differences between Ni and Ne is the past. in I functions the past is stored, in E functions the past is discarded and the present is merely process. I functions have way more landmarks and far fewer instincts, there's way more pausing, way more checking and double-checking, way more contemplating. E processes have way more experimenting. I functions are organized learning, E processes are honing instincts.

Te creates objectives. it is a geometric proof. goal. sub-goal. sub-goal. what do i need to establish. what would be required to accomplish this. how can i prove this. what will be needed for implementation. intj is brilliant for its Ni insights, and then having the methods/dedication to make them happen.

intp is brilliant bc it invents new ideas and new stories/histories/chains of causal cognitive technology. entp is just pure crazy and tricks the system of thinking into changing.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    but to have your primary or secondary intuition harnessed, or limited by an extroverted thinking function is just strange and counter-intuitive to me.
    I think you are confused when you say "limited by extraverted thinking" seeing as how Te is the function that actually MAKES something tangible out of your intuition.

Te gives you the ability to carry out your Ni vision and make it a reality.

How the hell is that limiting???

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    I think you are confused when you say "limited by extraverted thinking" seeing as how Te is the function that actually MAKES something tangible out of your intuition.

Te gives you the ability to carry out your Ni vision and make it a reality.

How the hell is that limiting???
    rather than re-inforcing and justifying itself via tertiary trap, it is using the actual concrete material limitations of the situation to consider implementation. this is balanced function usage and psychological health.

but it is a limit, it provides the other end of the rope, creates tension and a stable platform to balance your internal and your external pressure, desires, etc. many of us don't want to let go of our desires and hopes and dreams, get the reality-check, and balance our introversion and extroverted scope. or vice versa for especially for eps (vs ijs). it works similarly for ips and ejs, but i don't quite understand the differences for dominant judgers.

i think this idea is the basic gist of the lenore thomson book many people on here like as a model for basic function development/unfolding/to be a balanced psychological system and process information without creating huge gigantic blind spots.

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post

Well put.

Might Saussure have been an INTJ?

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post

many of us don't want to let go of our desires and hopes and dreams, get the reality-check, and balance our introversion and extroverted scope. or vice versa for especially for eps (vs ijs).
    It is definitely different for INTJs and ENTJs, but she did ask about both primary and secondary intuition, so my reply was about ENTJs.

As someone who is focused on the external world rather than internal, I think that my Ni is just wasted potential if nothing can be made of it. Applying Ni onto something is a way of making Ni real. So what I think I mean is that even though I am limiting Ni in my internal world with Te, I am creating it and making it real in the external world, which for me is more of "the real world" since I am an extravert.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    It is definitely different for INTJs and ENTJs, but she did ask about both primary and secondary intuition, so my reply was about ENTJs.

As someone who is focused on the external world rather than internal, I think that my Ni is just wasted potential if nothing can be made of it. Applying Ni onto something is a way of making Ni real. So what I think I mean is that even though I am limiting Ni in my internal world with Te, I am creating it and making it real in the external world, which for me is more of "the real world" since I am an extravert.
    agreed. they have a different balance, but the idea that they will become balanced for both types is what is at stake. entj will always prefer action over contemplation, whereas most intjs will like to take their time to consider. but without strong auxilary, the first function doesnt refine itself or develop accuracy. the internal and external pressure doesn't equalize.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post

I like this.

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i think one of the key differences between Ni and Ne is the past. in I functions the past is stored, in E functions the past is discarded and the present is merely process. I functions have way more landmarks and far fewer instincts, there's way more pausing, way more checking and double-checking, way more contemplating. E processes have way more experimenting. I functions are organized learning, E processes are honing instincts.

Te creates objectives. it is a geometric proof. goal. sub-goal. sub-goal. what do i need to establish. what would be required to accomplish this. how can i prove this. what will be needed for implementation. intj is brilliant for its Ni insights, and then having the methods/dedication to make them happen.

intp is brilliant bc it invents new ideas and new stories/histories/chains of causal cognitive technology. entp is just pure crazy and tricks the system of thinking into changing.
    I like this, too.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Kk, question.

How affiliated is Te with mathematical skillz?!!?!

Even though my Te is tertiary, I've always had mathematical skills, also...

Geometry, and solving geometrical proofs was like... delciously fun for me to do!!!

It's this Ni function that I find most peculiar.

I value my ability to have the capacity to *grasp* most things/ideas/concepts.

But Ni, is like.... wtf?!!??

Ne and Fi for me is just, I dunno, *knowing* things deep inside, as I am being objected to them, simultaneously.

And, especially with regards to people.

Also, Ne is like seeing/feeling/making/understanding all the seemingly disparate connections between two "separate" things.

Nothing is "separate", in fact, everything is connected.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles