User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: INTJ Temper

I don' have a short fuse at all.

However I can turn into a ENTJ in a blink and without "warning" what people see as anger. Which is because people tend to see me as a quiet and aloof guy and expect that I fit into that stereotype. However I am too strong NTJ to be an average strong introvert. (towards my subjective opinion of course)

MBTI
    INTJ

I have two kinds of anger, I think.

There's the temper, which has an incredibly short fuse. This happens for relatively trivial reasons, and the anger dissipates very quickly - there's no lasting grudge at all. I'm in better control of this than I was as a kid - it's still there but I'm better at not showing it.

Then there's the deep, real anger. This, I think, is the one that makes people feel 'cold'. It makes me feel cold. Generally, this is the one that arises from what I perceive to be serious betrayals of trust, serious intended harms (on me or others), extreme failings of moral integrity. This anger doesn't usually result in an obvious response - it simmers, and the wrong that caused it is remembered. This is when I find myself glaring.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I don't have a short fuse at all. I have the ability to become ruthless and cold when I feel it's necessary but I wouldn't classify that as a temper.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I suffer terribly from what I call Mount Vesuvius syndrome. The anger builds up inside, slowly over a prelong period of time with little or no outside signs. Then, one day, it explodes and destroys everything within a hundred mile radius.

Like a lot of the previous posters, I've found I can control my anger for longer now then when I was younger, but I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not. It just means there is more rage to expel when I do go.

Really losing it is... an interesting experience, and I confess not entirely unpleasant. It's almost like taking a step back inside yourself and relinquishing control of your body to your base, animal instincts. I just sit behind my eyes and watch as my body does whatever it feels like.

The pleasure comes from the absolute physical clarity that comes with such moments. I suppose in MBTI terms I slip completely into my inferior Se function and finally start to experience the world in the most visceral way possible. Everything comes into focus and the shear intensity of the moment is supreme.

The only way I've found of dealing with such things is try and emotionally distance myself from what is going on, which leads to the cold that was also been described before.

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Everyone gets a little angry
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Goodewitch View Post
    He didnt raise his voice, didnt shout, rant, or throw stuff,.. but he just seemed to waft this icy blast of cold cold anger my way,..and said a few choice, psychologically damaging words,... then left. I was left feeling really sort of traumatised, shaky, cold, and very very upset and tearful that I'd been the focus of the liqiud nitrogen blast.

So, to sum up, IME.. INTJ temper is icy, controlled, focused and deadly.
    This was an older INTJ though, so he may have got past the pounding things stage.
    occasionally something genuinely irks me and I'll yell about it until the other person essentially gives up and rolls over.
    Yes, this is what my fits are like, both kinds. Only rarely do I start shouting, but I've become more volatile with age...more Fi.

I only yell at the people that are extremely close to me. (and at that one dude on the train, poor dude) Most of the time, I know I'm overreacting on some level, but the indignation just needs to come out.

These days I try to apologise to people after I've iced them out without a proper reason.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

It's not hard to *irritate* an INTJ, IME, but the ones I know generally have to be pushed pretty far to provoke actual anger, as long as they weren't stressed emotionally in the first place.

Now, if they're waaaay off their game and Fi is on the rampage, it's a different story entirely. What I've witnessed is less focused, and more like an angry, drunken toddler lashing about blindly, trying to figure out why they're so upset.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    ESfP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Two Point Two View Post
    I have two kinds of anger, I think.

There's the temper, which has an incredibly short fuse. This happens for relatively trivial reasons, and the anger dissipates very quickly - there's no lasting grudge at all. I'm in better control of this than I was as a kid - it's still there but I'm better at not showing it.

Then there's the deep, real anger. This, I think, is the one that makes people feel 'cold'. It makes me feel cold. Generally, this is the one that arises from what I perceive to be serious betrayals of trust, serious intended harms (on me or others), extreme failings of moral integrity. This anger doesn't usually result in an obvious response - it simmers, and the wrong that caused it is remembered. This is when I find myself glaring.
    This plus this:

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    It's not hard to *irritate* an INTJ, IME, but the ones I know generally have to be pushed pretty far to provoke actual anger, as long as they weren't stressed emotionally in the first place.

Now, if they're waaaay off their game and Fi is on the rampage, it's a different story entirely. What I've witnessed is less focused, and more like an angry, drunken toddler lashing about blindly, trying to figure out why they're so upset.

My INTJ is more expressive about his frustration as he has gotten older and better at communicating to me, leading to fewer volcanic style eruptions. The big to him things that result in the Great Freeze-Out are the same, but also less frequent than they used to be.
    "Every well-bred petty crook knows -- the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting."
    -Inara Serra

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I tend to control my temper as long as what someone else does does not affect me whereas I ask them why would they involve me in such a thing if it does. I can also get quite annoyed when people continue not to understand what I say. I don't like repeating myself although I sometimes have to do it quite often.

But my anger is a different story.
    I got angry once... (not counting childhood) I laughed really hard then fell silent, stood for a few seconds and then walked away. I didn't look at their faces. I would have guessed that they were quite afraid...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I guess I'm just too dismissive. I never blow up on people anymore. Become frustrated, yes, but then I just take a step back and calm down. It has to be something pretty heinous to actually get me to blow up on somebody.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se