User Tag List

View Poll Results: ENTP girlies plus who?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENFJ

3 7.50%
  • ENTJ

3 7.50%
  • INFJ

9 22.50%
  • INTJ

15 37.50%
  • INFP

4 10.00%
  • INTP

7 17.50%
  • ISFP

4 10.00%
  • ISTP

2 5.00%
  • ESFP

2 5.00%
  • ESTP

5 12.50%
  • ENFP

3 7.50%
  • Where are the SJs, *****?

9 22.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 4567 Last

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

To commit a bank robbery - ESTP
    To cover up a murder - INTJ
    To break in and vandalize something - ENFP
    To hack into a mainframe - INTP
    To get back at a wrongdoer - ENTJ
    To sell drugs - ESTJ

It all depends on the kind of crime, I guess.

But for a romantic relationship, I agree with AO but his reasonings can equally apply to INTPs, as well. So, my main guess is INTx. I am with an INTP and there is no one better suited for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post

But for a romantic relationship, I agree with AO but his reasonings can equally apply to INTPs, as well. So, my main guess is INTx. I am with an INTP and there is no one better suited for me.

I disagree since INTJs provide structure while INTPs less so.
    What changes a entire dinamic in the end. The INTPs are much more similar to ENTPs then INTJs. Especially if INTJ is quite J.
    I can talk about this in more detail but I think that conclusions are more or less obvious at this point.

ISTP (extroveted sensing can bring out the sense of adventure in both types, ISTP quietness can complement entp's weak extroversion)
    ENTP
    INTP
    ESTP
    INFJ
    INTJ

In that order.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

ESTP, ISTP and INTP.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I disagree since INTJs provide structure while INTPs less so.
    What changes a entire dinamic in the end. The INTPs are much more similar to ENTPs then INTJs. Especially if INTJ is quite J.
    I can talk about this in more detail but I think that conclusions are more or less obvious at this point.

Obviously, they are not obvious. Just because someone has a P doesn't mean that they don't provide structure. INTPs are the architects, remember? Like I said, I am involved with an INTP and based on the reasons you gave earlier, I stand by what I said. It is true that INTJs and INTPs are quite different, but those particular reasons you gave are where their similarities lie.

And who the hell wants or needs structure anyway???

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    To commit a bank robbery - ESTP
    To cover up a murder - INTJ
    To break in and vandalize something - ENFP
    To hack into a mainframe - INTP
    To get back at a wrongdoer - ENTJ
    To sell drugs - ESTJ

It all depends on the kind of crime, I guess.

I just love this

But for a romantic relationship, I agree with AO but his reasonings can equally apply to INTPs, as well. So, my main guess is INTx. I am with an INTP and there is no one better suited for me

Obviously, they are not obvious. Just because someone has a P doesn't mean that they don't provide structure. INTPs are the architects, remember? Like I said, I am involved with an INTP and based on the reasons you gave earlier, I stand by what I said. It is true that INTJs and INTPs are quite different, but those particular reasons you gave are where their similarities lie.
    INTPs are good with concepts and so are ENTPs. It is just that I think that this two types have too similar strenghts and weaknesses. I mean it can work that is for sure. However I tend think that Ne - Te dynamic will be / is more interesting on the long run than Ne - Ne.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    INTPs are good with concepts and so are ENTPs. It is just that I think that this two types have too similar strenghts and weaknesses. I mean it can work that is for sure. However I tend think that Ne - Te dynamic will be / is more interesting on the long run than Ne - Ne.
    Iunno AO, you're trying to use theory to determine how one interrelationship (that you can be part of) is better than another interrelationship (that you can't be part of), I accept your input on the former, but not the latter. Plus a number of things you initially mentioned can be covered by either an INTJ or INTP as Jeno said, the rest is hypothetical.

You are right, based on my experience, in suggesting that an INTP/ENTP relationship will generally have similar strengths and weaknesses and an INTJ is potentially more likely to provide structure, but it's not a given and it's not necessarily a good thing from this ENTPs perspective.

From my own experience I've never had a relationship with an INTJ, I have with an ISTJ (which is a totally different type, I know, but...) I found the structure that they could provide very unappealing (I feel similarly about growing up with my ENTJ brother, just without the romantic relationship part). I love flexibility and spontaneity, I know that the sometimes unwanted side effect of that is a lack of structure in a relationship but I prefer that side effect to being overrun by too much structure. This is one of the main reasons I'm so drawn to SPs.

I don't suggest that INTJ/ENTP would be a bad mix, I've seen it work for others in the way you suggest but I think the use of Te is not always a good thing for an ENTP.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Yeah, the xTJs in my life often choke me to death with structure that I neither want nor need. But they are also the people that I hold in highest regard and are probably the people that I can maintain the closest relationship with. And, the older the TJ, the higher the probability that we will get along well.

Like Trin, I also am very drawn to SPs because they are like TJ-lite. The S provides more than enough structure for me but they are also a shit load of fun.

But I love my INTP. And if an ENTP girl can show enough patience, this pairing can be a dynamic duo.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Iunno AO, you're trying to use theory to determine how one interrelationship (that you can be part of) is better than another interrelationship (that you can't be part of), I accept your input on the former, but not the latter. Plus a number of things you initially mentioned can be covered by either an INTJ or INTP as Jeno said, the rest is hypothetical.

You are right, based on my experience, in suggesting that an INTP/ENTP relationship will generally have similar strengths and weaknesses and an INTJ is potentially more likely to provide structure, but it's not a given and it's not necessarily a good thing from this ENTPs perspective.

From my own experience I've never had a relationship with an INTJ, I have with an ISTJ (which is a totally different type, I know, but...) I found the structure that they could provide very unappealing (I feel similarly about growing up with my ENTJ brother, just without the romantic relationship part). I love flexibility and spontaneity, I know that the sometimes unwanted side effect of that is a lack of structure in a relationship but I prefer that side effect to being overrun by too much structure. This is one of the main reasons I'm so drawn to SPs.

I don't suggest that INTJ/ENTP would be a bad mix, I've seen it work for others in the way you suggest but I think the use of Te is not always a good thing for an ENTP.

1.Well this is MBTI talk so everything is generalization. The only reason why I have said what I said is because of a relations between a couple and the environment. If we don't pay too much attention to the environment then ENTP - INTP is better combination. Since those two understand each other better than INTJ -ENTP.

2. I have never been in love so don't place so much weight on my words.