Permabanned
    MBTI
    (y)
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTP

Default Differences in ENTP and ENTJ sense of humor

I'm funny in a sarcastic and ironic sense... funny but true type of funny.

ENTPs are just naturally funny.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    I'm funny in a sarcastic and ironic sense... funny but true type of funny.

ENTPs are just naturally funny.
    That makes sense, but I think it actually applies to most NJ and NP types.

NP's are kind of jesters, always trying to be kind of odd and funny without thinking about it, while NJ's tend to be more serious, and make more direct yet subtle humor.

It's hard to explain without examples, so I'll use a common example of mine:

"What's up?"
    "The opposite of down."

Is that similar to the kind of joke you're talking about? Also, I'm not sure how to explain the kind of jokes NP's make... one of them will have to do that.

MBTI
    ENTP

ENTP's Are The Best

ENTP sense of humour

We do the 'tongue in cheek' thing on a regular basis. When we do, ENTJ's as often as not, think we're being serious. But ENTJ's aren't the only ones who do that. I'm not saying we're not arrogant as a type in general, or denying that arrogance is a flaw to which we're particularly prone. But I am saying that a lot of what we say is falsely attributed to arrogance, when in fact, it's simply humour - just being silly - and in fact quite the opposite of arrogance - we're mocking ourselves
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Much of the time I'll start saying a joke out loud before I even come up with it in my head. 90% of the time this causes to me to be fast, witty, and funny, and the other 10% of the time it causes me to say really stupid things that don't really make any sense or are considered to be way too offensive.

I don't care about mistakes though. There's this quote from The 48 Laws of Power that reminds me of how I usually act. "Any mistakes you committ through audacity are easily corrected with more audacity."

And I definitely agree with what Substitute said about arrogance. Maybe I'm joking, maybe I'm mocking myself, or maybe I'm just trying to inspire people. If it was true arrogance, I wouldn't flaunt it around like that.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    That makes sense, but I think it actually applies to most NJ and NP types.

NP's are kind of jesters, always trying to be kind of odd and funny without thinking about it, while NJ's tend to be more serious, and make more direct yet subtle humor.
    I think you're right. I notice NJs (particularly INTJs) tend to be very laconic/sarcastic, NPs silly/sarcastic.

Unfortunately, I'm too nice to be funny or people can't tell when I'm joking with them so then I have to say, "I'm just fuckin wit cha!" which kills it so back to not being funny.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENTJ

I like your avatar proteanmix

That's my kind of humor

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I like your avatar proteanmix

That's my kind of humor
    Well thank you very much. It was either that or the one attached. I thought of the children.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't get these threads. Do people seriously have trouble telling the difference between ENTP and ENTJ?
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Well thank you very much. It was either that or the one attached. I thought of the children.
    lol

Nice, but I didn't find that one as funny as the ceiling cat. There's something about the surrealism of the situation coupled with the unpolitically correct aspect which I find hilarious.

On another note, here's a Monty Python video that I really like:

YouTube - Monty Python - Argument Clinic (extended)

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    I don't get these threads. Do people seriously have trouble telling the difference between ENTP and ENTJ?
    Sometimes I can't, and sometimes the tests can't either... I've tested as ENTJ 2 out of 5 times this month...

And I am beginning to wonder...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen