• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Differences in ENTP and ENTJ sense of humor

Maha Raj

MBTI Type
ENTP
honey... i am really not that guy... Mr.phd think i am...

you r a girl right... that avatar is gorgeous...

Maha Raj

MBTI Type
ENTP
and why do u think Meverick made a joke about my reply? i think he is simply saying that my replies are easy to read...

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Are you talking to me?

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If I want to make my ENTJ friend laugh, I trap her in my Beetle, then drive around and around and around in tiny circles until we both feel like we're going to die. Has a clown car sort of appeal to it. :D She's normally a bit reserved, although her humor is very subtle and ludicrous, so being trapped in a little car, hurtling around a parking lot seems to amuse her.

Hypomanic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Similarities of ENTJ's and ENTP's:
+ Both make primarily intellectual jokes
+ Both are dead on.. deductively accurate

Differences:
+ ENTJ jokes are more opinion-based
+ ENTP jokes are more socially acceptable (toned-down), that's how we can insult someone, but in a playful way.. ENTJ's don't insult playfully, they pulverize.
+ ENTP's joke more often.. practically all the time.
+ ENTJ's are more serious and their jokes are more subtle, yet direct (it's harder to decipher when they are joking, generally)

That's really all I can think of right now.

ENTP's Are The Best

ENTP sense of humour :D

We do the 'tongue in cheek' thing on a regular basis. When we do, ENTJ's as often as not, think we're being serious. But ENTJ's aren't the only ones who do that. I'm not saying we're not arrogant as a type in general, or denying that arrogance is a flaw to which we're particularly prone. But I am saying that a lot of what we say is falsely attributed to arrogance, when in fact, it's simply humour - just being silly - and in fact quite the opposite of arrogance - we're mocking ourselves :)

Oh man, they got the food chain wrong. It's SJ's before SP's, but that's alright, they're pretty far down from 'alpha type' so it's trivial.

lazyhappy

Similarities of ENTJ's and ENTP's:
+ Both make primarily intellectual jokes
+ Both are dead on.. deductively accurate

Differences:
+ ENTJ jokes are more opinion-based
+ ENTP jokes are more socially acceptable (toned-down), that's how we can insult someone, but in a playful way.. ENTJ's don't insult playfully, they pulverize.
+ ENTP's joke more often.. practically all the time.
+ ENTJ's are more serious and their jokes are more subtle, yet direct (it's harder to decipher when they are joking, generally)

That's really all I can think of right now.

ooh. that's true. -i maybe not as detailed or anything but
to my knowledge:

entp's laugh at fart jokes with meh and and entj's don't (or else thier social status is ruined...)...

entj's are also corney sometimes and find strange things funny...

Last edited:

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
Hey Maha what part of Toronto are you from?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
entp's laugh at fart jokes with meh and and entj's don't (or else thier social status is ruined...)...

hahaha. it's not because of social status...i don't find them funny :(

btw entj use more sexual humor than entps

lazyhappy

hahaha. it's not because of social status...i don't find them funny

lol i see...

that's true, my entp sister hates sexual humor and my mom (ENTJ) uses it 0.o... to my surprise...
for an example- i was watching a night in the museum or something and when that guy said "don't slap that monkey" or something like that, my mom burst out laughing along with me (though... my mom seemed to find it more funny then i did- for she wouldn't stop laughing -.-) while my entp sister complained that they couldn't put that in a kid show.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

You are delineating between purely sexual humor and crude humor , correct? It seems to me that ENTJ humor is more nuanced, not as blunt force with the punch line, per se, as with ENTP humor. I've had an ENTP friend of mine call me up just to afflict me with jokes from a Playboy solely because he knows I detest it, but my ENTJ friend gets a bit red faced if that sort of thing is even hinted at in his presence.

persianeyes

MBTI Type
INFP
i agree i've noticed how most entj's use sexual humor... well it seems they bring sex in almost every topic :p

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Mutatis mutandis, would the same be true for INTP's and INTJ's?

istpunk

MBTI Type
istp
Both types seem to enjoy word play.
Both types are both socially charming.
Both types are incredibly nerdy.

To be honest I'd rather deal with an ENTJ on a daily basis. There's no need to tolerate each other because an ENTJ has no need to tolerate, the ENTJ is ready for a fight anytime anywhere. I have nothing to say about ENTPs.

It's just the differences between P/J I guess.

theshadow

MBTI Type
enfj

To be honest I'd rather deal with an ENTJ on a daily basis. There's no need to tolerate each other because an ENTJ has no need to tolerate, the ENTJ is ready for a fight anytime anywhere. I have nothing to say about ENTPs.

It's just the differences between P/J I guess.

hahaaha yes they are incredibly nerdy:yim_rolling_on_the_ . actually it depends but anyway I think a simlar dynamic exists between enfp/enfj humor as well. I tend to be either subtle and direct or.. DIRECT. of course I mean it in a playfull way:party2:

armstrongvk12

MBTI Type
ENxJ
Interesting.....female ENTJ here. Don't care about word play (but am blunt and to the point!). Socially charming...uh....maybe if I wanted to be, but for the most part...this is who I am...like it or lump it. Incredibly nerdy...I don't know about other ENTJs (male or female), but I am about as far removed from being a nerd...as one could get. Nerd is one word that could and would not describe me. When I think of the nerds that I know...they are either INTJs or INTPs. I'm sure that there are always the exceptions.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree with most that ENTJs are sarcastic while ENTPs are goofy.

INTJs who frequent here are sarcastic but also kinda goofy, while INTPs seem to be rather dry and it's difficult to tell whether or not they're joking.

N types in general tend to be better at and more appreciative of wordplay and taking words out of their intended meaning.