User Tag List

First 3456 Last

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I agree with most that ENTJs are sarcastic while ENTPs are goofy.
    Define goofy. Or gimme some examples... whatever.

INTJs who frequent here are sarcastic but also kinda goofy, while INTPs seem to be rather dry and it's difficult to tell whether or not they're joking.
    Dry humor is tremendous. Steven Wright and Mitch Hedberg (both INTPs) ftw. In my daily humor (and the one stand up gig I did) I try to incorporate a good deal of that kind of thing too.

Or were you talking about something else?
    N types in general tend to be better at and more appreciative of wordplay and taking words out of their intended meaning.
    we fukin won boys

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Define goofy. Or gimme some examples... whatever.
    ENTPs tend to be the comedians who make a mockery out of everything, including taboo subjects. South Park rings a bell (Trey Parker is an ENTP, although Matt Stone is more likely an INTP), and the brains behind Hogan's Heroes were also likely ENTPs. Mel Brooks and the trio behind the first Airplane! movie and The Naked Gun series are also likely ENTPs.

Dry humor is tremendous. Steven Wright and Mitch Hedberg (both INTPs) ftw.
    And Ben Stein.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    ENTPs tend to be the comedians who make a mockery out of everything, including taboo subjects. South Park rings a bell (Trey Parker is an ENTP, although Matt Stone is more likely an INTP), and the brains behind Hogan's Heroes were also likely ENTPs. Mel Brooks and the trio behind the first Airplane! movie and The Naked Gun series are also likely ENTPs.
    True enough. The only one I'd not agree with is the naked gun, and that's only because I've not seen it, not 'cause I think you're wrong.

And Ben Stein.
    True, but that monotonous INTP college proffessor-esque thing was an act right? He might not have actually acted that way IRL. I kind of doubt that he would keep it up if it weren't his normal MO but I dunno.. I'm not one of his kids or anything.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP

True, but that monotonous INTP college proffessor-esque thing was an act right? He might not have actually acted that way IRL. I kind of doubt that he would keep it up if it weren't his normal MO but I dunno.. I'm not one of his kids or anything.
    He seemed very natural on his old show, Win Ben Stein's Money. Natural enough to type him? Probably not. IxTx.
    Extremes: Need To Pursue

I like my cars fast, my music loud, and my women even faster and louder!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, Ben Stein was a lawyer and law professor before he became a comedian. So his INTP preference is quite possible.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

A lot of people don't understand my humour. This is because it's often quite wry, and I'm surrounded by people who aren't up to date on the topic. It could just be because I'm genuinely not funny. But I'm more inclined to believe it's the former, arrogant as I am.

MBTI
    eNxp

I think people are making allot of general statements about the sense of humor of the two types that are not necessarily getting at the root or causal difference.

I have an extremely broad sense of humor. I like jokes that catch you off guard. I think that is the common thread. I moment I can guess the punch-line or what is going to happen before it does I could care less.

My jokes are also pretty diverse is topic but they do share some common thread. They are usually something clever but simple. I am also unhesitating to make fun of myself for the sake of laughs. I don't think the entj would share that. Their jokes seem to be more closely tied to their opinions. I will make fun of myself, my own state, school, country. My jokes may poke fun, but my view is that if we cannot poke fun at ourselves, then we don't have a healthy humility.

I know much less about the entj sense of humor, however I would postulate that their humor is:

less self-mocking
    more closely tied to their opinions
    less broad
    more serious
    less random

p.s. i forgot to add that my sense of humor is often called very random.

disclaimer: I don't have a good handle on the inter-workings of my sense of humor yet, so this was just my impressions.
    Don't believe everything you think.

MBTI
    ENTJ

These factors that differentiate ENTP's and ENTJ's sense of humor are DEAD ON. I am not kidding. I am going to have to switch up what tramnineteen said though, because from what I've seen ENTP's aren't very random, they tend to make jokes based on the subject at hand, whereas I am very random in my humor and usually just throw it out there whenever it pops into my head.

MBTI
    ENTP

NTJs are really random, and find the most ridiculous things hilarious. We tend to start random conversation and build upon it in random ways; at times, this can lead to a semi-snooty session of witty banter. Its kind of pathetic, but I can always make myself laugh with a random trains of thought. Every successfully random person I know is an NTJ and we always find each other amusing. I have a lot of inside jokes with the others I know. I guess its a kind of club. . .

We can also be dead-pan and sarcastic. But we are mainly random. Yes. Random. Always.

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    I'm funny in a sarcastic and ironic sense... funny but true type of funny.

ENTPs are just naturally funny.
    ENTJ's make weird jokes that involve killing and stabbing and such... really cynical and macabre and most people go 'okay '
    But there's this NPish humour in the ENTJ (true for me, anywhooo) that is just: FLAKY!
    There, I said it: flaky.
    bruised and battered ENTJ sx/sp/so 8w9
    Tri-fix: 8w9 sx/sp - 3w4 sp/sx - 5w6 soc/sx
    http://leonardolestat.mypersonality.info

(I'm secretly ENxP, but don't tell anyone)

"Mother, I love you, I never meant to hit you over the head with that shovel."