User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 58

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    56

    Default They who annoy INTJs

    So, I have found from my past encounters with all types of people that there is one specific type of person who annoys me the most. Since I am a male INTJ, I will make the assumption that at least all the other male INTJs (most of them at least) will agree with me on this matter. I dont know about the females. This one specific type of person who really gets on my nerves is usually a female (b/c I cant imagine nor have met any male who acts as I will describe).

    So this type of girl is usually always talking. Talking about nonsense. Talking about how wonderful life is. Talking about how happy she is. Talking about how excited she is about her future. Updating her Facebook status every hour (like her life is that important). Always gives that fake smile (seems fake to me at least). I'm so disgusted just thinking about it. During lunch or dinner somewhere, she will be the one talking to everyone about her quirky brother-in-law who is this and that and does awesome funny stuff, and then goes on to state how weird her family is and how much she loves them and how much she loves her nephews and nieces and goes onto to describe the origin or their names. So I basically learn everything about her life (sort of, because I usually start thinking about more important things in my life...she's mentioned her nephews and nieces names several times, but I still have no idea what they are). "Important" is a subjective word, I understand, but even so, how much did I have to tolerate?

    Specifically, I have met two girls in my life who were extremes at this, one very recently. When I was having a conversation with this recent girl and our ENFP friend (notice I said "our", otherwise I would never have had that conversation), I noticed how half the things I said just flew over her head. This is not in the context that she is stupid (in the traditional sense of the word), because she gets decent grades and stuff (and is a physics major just like me and my ENFP friend), but just in the sense that she didn't seem to understand my words. It was actually funny because my ENFP friend had to translate several times what I said so that this girl could understand. The ENFP was so on top of everything I said, it was scary.

    Other things I've noticed about these (extremely annoying) two girls is that they seemed to have a thing for me, even though it was far from my mind. Both of them particularly had this way of randomly walking up to me and seating themselves right next to me (very close). I would simply not make any move or say anything, so then, they would eventually get up and walk away.

    Anyways, the purpose of this thread is to help me figure out (or state to me if you already know) what type are these girls. I will state for sure that they're E (for obvious reasons). Both of these girls were also neat in their handwriting (my simplest method of detecting J/P), so I will state that they were J's as well. Details aside, I've seen them present PowerPoint presentations as well, and they were effectively organized, so more indication of being J over P (b/c P's are usually messy).

    Overall, my guess (out of my intuition) is ESFJ, but I really have no idea! Plus, on another note, I can't help wonder why this girl is majoring in physics (an object oriented field) when she is clearly only interested in people? Not to seem arrogant, but I highly doubt she will succeed in the future...just being realistic.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Two Point Two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Both of these girls were also neat in their handwriting (my simplest method of detecting J/P), so I will state that they were J's as well. Details aside, I've seen them present PowerPoint presentations as well, and they were effectively organized, so more indication of being J over P (b/c P's are usually messy).
    I'm not at all convinced by this.

    Not saying they're Ps, but neatness of handwriting and capacity to put together a well-set-out powerpoint presentation do not a J make. For a start, I have terrible handwriting, and additionally, ExFPs at least have tertiary Te and from my experience can quite enjoy organising things occasionally.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    61

    Default

    The fun thing (as an INTJ) about ESFJ's and their Wonderful Futures is in reality how many millions of times further you will go in life than they will. The annoyance easily becomes a knowing schadenfreude.

  4. #4
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Time View Post
    So, I have found from my past encounters with all types of people that there is one specific type of person who annoys me the most. Since I am a male INTJ, I will make the assumption that at least all the other male INTJs (most of them at least) will agree with me on this matter. I dont know about the females. This one specific type of person who really gets on my nerves is usually a female (b/c I cant imagine nor have met any male who acts as I will describe).

    So this type of girl is usually always talking. Talking about nonsense. Talking about how wonderful life is. Talking about how happy she is. Talking about how excited she is about her future. Updating her Facebook status every hour (like her life is that important). Always gives that fake smile (seems fake to me at least). I'm so disgusted just thinking about it. During lunch or dinner somewhere, she will be the one talking to everyone about her quirky brother-in-law who is this and that and does awesome funny stuff, and then goes on to state how weird her family is and how much she loves them and how much she loves her nephews and nieces and goes onto to describe the origin or their names. So I basically learn everything about her life (sort of, because I usually start thinking about more important things in my life...she's mentioned her nephews and nieces names several times, but I still have no idea what they are). "Important" is a subjective word, I understand, but even so, how much did I have to tolerate?

    Specifically, I have met two girls in my life who were extremes at this, one very recently. When I was having a conversation with this recent girl and our ENFP friend (notice I said "our", otherwise I would never have had that conversation), I noticed how half the things I said just flew over her head. This is not in the context that she is stupid (in the traditional sense of the word), because she gets decent grades and stuff (and is a physics major just like me and my ENFP friend), but just in the sense that she didn't seem to understand my words. It was actually funny because my ENFP friend had to translate several times what I said so that this girl could understand. The ENFP was so on top of everything I said, it was scary.

    Other things I've noticed about these (extremely annoying) two girls is that they seemed to have a thing for me, even though it was far from my mind. Both of them particularly had this way of randomly walking up to me and seating themselves right next to me (very close). I would simply not make any move or say anything, so then, they would eventually get up and walk away.

    Anyways, the purpose of this thread is to help me figure out (or state to me if you already know) what type are these girls. I will state for sure that they're E (for obvious reasons). Both of these girls were also neat in their handwriting (my simplest method of detecting J/P), so I will state that they were J's as well. Details aside, I've seen them present PowerPoint presentations as well, and they were effectively organized, so more indication of being J over P (b/c P's are usually messy).

    Overall, my guess (out of my intuition) is ESFJ, but I really have no idea! Plus, on another note, I can't help wonder why this girl is majoring in physics (an object oriented field) when she is clearly only interested in people? Not to seem arrogant, but I highly doubt she will succeed in the future...just being realistic.
    I used to call the people you are describing now, 'trash'. Of course I was much more naive back then. I know how you feel about these girls but there is no point in getting annoyed at them. I'm not sure what exactly you want, maybe you just want to let out your anger here or whatnot. If you want some advice, just avoid them or next time they say something that annoys you don't get annoyed. If they keep pestering you, either ignore them or tell them "I don't believe you" or "stop exaggerating". That would pull them off their high horse although you may fall down too once their rumours start to spread. You are human as they are. You are also underestimating them to a certain extent.

    Although they are most likely ESFJs it is stupid to make the assumption that they are J based on their handwriting as TwoPointTwo said. I know many Js, including myself, who don't have such good handwriting whereas many Ps do.

    To be honest, if you don't want to see them again you can tell them "I don't like you" to their face. It's not worth getting irritated at.

    There is absolutely no point in getting annoyed at such trivial things. I'm sure many people get annoyed at them. If they are indeed annoying it shouldn't be something you can't deal with.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Its better to avoid than to bring people down for no reason. You'll find these people can be interesting if you can share a common topic or two; just make sure they have someone else around when they want to small talk. They are just bundles of energy.

  6. #6
    No Cigar Litvyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Time View Post
    Since I am a male INTJ, I will make the assumption that at least all the other male INTJs (most of them at least) will agree with me on this matter.
    This is a wild and misleading assumption.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Time View Post
    So I basically learn everything about her life (sort of, because I usually start thinking about more important things in my life...she's mentioned her nephews and nieces names several times, but I still have no idea what they are). "Important" is a subjective word, I understand, but even so, how much did I have to tolerate?
    It's interesting to see how you unconciously compare your "deep and serious" nature with these seemingly "shallow" girls without grasping even the most basic concepts of human nature and relationships. What you see is the surface, and you may never know what lies underneath it. Everything you see and hear is a girl who talks a lot about family matters and such - nothing more, nothing less. She may be stupid and superficial, she may be hiding something from the public, she may be deep and intelligent and in need for more affection etc.

    In this case, perhaps it's a simple communication problem between types. You're different and you don't "get" each other.

    You're awfully quick to judge, so your results are screwed. And btw, don't use handwriting to determine the J/P axis, my handwriting is like shit, and I'm the only person capable of reading it. I'm still a J.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Time View Post
    I can't help wonder why this girl is majoring in physics (an object oriented field) when she is clearly only interested in people? Not to seem arrogant, but I highly doubt she will succeed in the future...just being realistic.


    Ok, so you spent like... two hours with her? Perhaps a day? INTJs were ALWAYS known for their godlike people skills, so that's surely enough time to determine if somebody will be successful in their career.
    If she is majoring in physics, she is in fact interested in things other than people, you simply don't know her / know only this one side of her personality.

    Which one of these statements are more likely to be true?

    ~ There's this girl who is only interested in people (which you've managed to determine almost instantly and without having really deep conversations with her), yet she somehow ended up in the physics department by her own free will;

    ~ There's this girl who attends physics AND is interested in people, increasing the propability for her to be more complex than the superficial type you've described in the first paragraph?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I used to call the people you are describing now, 'trash'. Of course I was much more naive back then.
    ^ Interesting. I used to call people who think and talk like this 'trash'.
    Of course I was much more naive back then.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Im sure she is ESFP since youre INTJ and after the descrition you gave of her. Ive discovered that two people that are completely opposite usually ends up in conflict. And if she would have been ESFJ you two would have liked each other more because Ive also discovered that people who only have the J/P in common like/need each other.

    Talking about nonsense like an ESFP does might be irritating but nothing gets me more on my nerves like an INTJ who insults people left and right without knowing what the hell hes saying really.

  8. #8
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    ^ Interesting. I used to call people who think and talk like this 'trash'.
    Of course I was much more naive back then.
    Oh I do love it when people have no clue what they're talking about.

  9. #9
    No Cigar Litvyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Please teach me master. May I bow before your wisdom?

  10. #10

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] INTJ who can't seem to control Fi
    By thescientist in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 03:43 PM
  2. [INTJ] Intj who isnt nerd
    By INTP in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-05-2009, 03:43 PM
  3. [INTJ] INTJ's-- who are your friends?
    By Nickels in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 12:58 AM
  4. [INTJ] Why INTJ women are the way they are?
    By Virtual ghost in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 11:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO