User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by HomerSoprano View Post
    An INTJ will not live happily for the rest of his life with an ESFP. An INTP might though.
    Very true. An INTJs very intuitive way of speaking will be entirely misunderstood by ESFPs.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Time View Post
    You guys are probably right about the J/P thing. I will need to figure out a new way to judge J/P differences. Any suggestions?
    Does the person prefer to plan ahead for things, to know about what to expect in advance? Is spontaneity something they avoid? Or, do they prefer not to plan, to let things happen as they will, enjoying spontaneity, taking opportunities as they come up, and feeling confined by others' need to plan?

Does the person prefer to work in a structured environment, or on projects with a degree of srtucture in them? When taking on a project, do they begin by imposing their own structure on a plan? Or, do they work best when projects are open-ended, able to evolve as they go, without any structure imposed by them or anyone else?

These are questions that may require you to know a person a little better in order to answer - but, when you're trying to get an idea of someone's personality, that's probably not a bad thing.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Time View Post
    So this type of girl is usually always talking. Talking about nonsense.
    Yes... these kinds of people drive me crazy, too. I think there are various types who behave that way at certain times. Personally, I have trouble enduring female ESTJs... for similar reasons. I can't stand listening to what they talk about... and we don't speak the same language.

MBTI
    ESfP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESFP

An INTJ will not live happily for the rest of his life with an ESFP. An INTP might though.

Who said anything about *happily* ever after?
    "Every well-bred petty crook knows -- the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting."
    -Inara Serra

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    That first paragraph was a sad attempt to interject humor into what appeared to be a tense conversation that was veering of the original track...I wasn't feeling scornful, actually, just a little amused at what looked from the outside like a disjointed tit for tat.
    I getcha. And I wasn't actually accusing you of over-much scorn. Really just observing the existence of the INXJ mission, that willingness to know what's right and be short with everything else. (It relates to the OP too because that annoyance comes from somewhere, dunnit?)

And for the on-topic record:

ESFJs I have known are cheerful and energetic girls, but do seem never to know what I'm talking about. They probably do know, but when it comes out of my mouth it is all about the truth of things and processes, and that stuff doesn't seem to register in the way I expect it to. ESFPs in my very limited experience are different. One ESFP guy and I used to have adjoining cubicles, and I never used to get the impression he didn't know what I was saying. It was much more just that he had other things to do, like chase girls, play poker, go to lunch, call a friend, whatev, get out and about.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    I getcha. And I wasn't actually accusing you of over-much scorn. Really just observing the existence of the INXJ mission, that willingness to know what's right and be short with everything else. (It relates to the OP too because that annoyance comes from somewhere, dunnit?).
    Yes, and that annoyance is something I've experienced for years. Always wondering, "Why do people talk so phony like this?" "Why can't people talk about real things, like life, and not just fluff and BS?" I always found myself asking these questions to myself. I was largely alone on this one growing up, though. It was pretty depressing. I felt like I was speaking a different language than everyone else, but mine was BETTER.

I always believed strongly in straight talk when dealing with others. Anything else is a waste of time (unless you have to adapt to a new situation to keep your job or something, but that's totally different).
    A hero is someone who does the right thing without expectation of reward, just because it's the right thing to do.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm not sure it's entirely type defined - your description sound an awful lot like my ENFP mother (though I don't know the relative strengths of Mom's preferences - that might tell something... don't know). Mom is an 'external processor' everything has to be verbalized in order to get it into the thought process. ---And, yes, it drives me nuts!!

Just thoughts.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Why not? We'd have something to gripe about, and apparently we're pretty excited by that prospect.

There's something to be said for the interesting dynamic that is apparent in INTJ/ESFP parings.

To the OP, it's difficult to effectively type these girls with just this much understanding of their behavior. That could simply be a mask that they use to deal with people.

I'm inclined to agree with Amar, as I think your ENFP friend would be an excellent viewpoint with which to bridge the gap in understanding here.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

This type of posting makes me question my INTJ love.

By the way, I have neat handwriting. I forced myself to learn to write neatly in junior high school. I used to practice with handwriting books. Very lame way to judge P/J

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    This type of posting makes me question my INTJ love.

By the way, I have neat handwriting. I forced myself to learn to write neatly in junior high school. I used to practice with handwriting books. Very lame way to judge P/J
    Your profile pic makes me question my ENFP love.

And "neat" is also a very subjective word. Neat handwriting to you may not be the same as neat handwriting to me. That ENFP friend I mentioned told me she had very neat handwriting. When I looked at it, I wanted to throw up. So, many of the INTJs up above say their handwriting is messy and you say your handwriting is neat, but until one ultimate judge compares them (that's me), no one can really be sure.

Also, I already addressed that its probably a bad ways to judge P/J. Read before you post.