User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Oh, you INTJs. Watching you guys disagree is sometimes like watching a ping pong match where each player catches the ball, stuffs it in their mouth and eats it, and starts playing with a new one altogether. "I reject your argument, and chose to attack you on some other point altogether!"

I'm likely going to regret saying that.

I've watched a couple of INTJs instantly assume they have a person's number (yes, in my case INTJ men who are annoyed with really chatty/animated girls) and greatly underestimate that person's competance and intelligence, making an ass of themselves in the end.

That said, while that can be a pitfall of any type who doesn't naturally come by stellar people skills, it's not really an INTJ trait, from what I've observed. The conclusion jumping and seeing people as two dimensional usually just means that the person lacks relational experience, or isn't asking the right questions to get to know them further.

It's silly to assume that because I person is talkative/bubbly/energetic vs. dry/reserved/serious that they're less intelligent or capable of making connections. Some of the most wildly intelligent people I know can prattle incessantly about minutia, only to blow me away with something really insightful and original when I really need to hear it.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

^^^ *ahem* Alpha males *ahem*
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    Oh, you INTJs. Watching you guys disagree is sometimes like watching a ping pong match where each player catches the ball, stuffs it in their mouth and eats it, and starts playing with a new one altogether. "I reject your argument, and chose to attack you on some other point altogether!"

I'm likely going to regret saying that.

I've watched a couple of INTJs instantly assume they have a person's number (yes, in my case INTJ men who are annoyed with really chatty/animated girls) and greatly underestimate that person's competance and intelligence, making an ass of themselves in the end.

That said, while that can be a pitfall of any type who doesn't naturally come by stellar people skills, it's not really an INTJ trait, from what I've observed. The conclusion jumping and seeing people as two dimensional usually just means that the person lacks relational experience, or isn't asking the right questions to get to know them further.

It's silly to assume that because I person is talkative/bubbly/energetic vs. dry/reserved/serious that they're less intelligent or capable of making connections. Some of the most wildly intelligent people I know can prattle incessantly about minutia, only to blow me away with something really insightful and original when I really need to hear it.
    You know you do the same thing, though, right?

That first paragraph... same thing. The suggestion that because the kiddies were failing to properly address each other as respectable people there was probably something wrong with both sides' arguments.

INTJs and INFJs, directing by aiming scorn at that which does not meet the requirements of their extraverted judgment function. Where an E would actually do something to create the new situation, the I--well, they call it charting the course, but that's just being polite.

I suppose it is course charting, in a way. For thems that are in want of some Je, an INXJ hanging around being snappish about their preferred way of doing things...
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

People like that do not annoy me. She sounds friendly to me, obviously you're the one with the problem.

I make it a point to never be cruel or judgmental when it comes to people... It was hard at first, but you have to accept that you're not going to get along with everyone that you come in contact with. This doesn't make them "annoying", it's just a clash of interests. And like I always say, treat someone with kindness because you never know when you'll need them. Maybe because I was bullied in secondary school I'm more prone to treat people with the respect that they deserve. There's no need to be hostile. If she's talking about her family then change the topic. You may end up liking her if you gave her a chance.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    You know you do the same thing, though, right?

That first paragraph... same thing. The suggestion that because the kiddies were failing to properly address each other as respectable people there was probably something wrong with both sides' arguments.

INTJs and INFJs, directing by aiming scorn at that which does not meet the requirements of their extraverted judgment function. Where an E would actually do something to create the new situation, the I--well, they call it charting the course, but that's just being polite.

I suppose it is course charting, in a way. For thems that are in want of some Je, an INXJ hanging around being snappish about their preferred way of doing things...
    That first paragraph was a sad attempt to interject humor into what appeared to be a tense conversation that was veering of the original track...I wasn't feeling scornful, actually, just a little amused at what looked from the outside like a disjointed tit for tat.

I actually don't assume at all that the good fellows in this conversation are two dimensional at all. I guessed that they'd pick up on my tongue in cheek teasing and lighten up a little...which isn't something a person might expect from a two dimensional person.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    INTJ

Its funny how most of you are criticizing me. And very few of you actually addressed my question of what MBTI type she is and why?

I actually did spend months hanging out with her (and her ENFP friend ). It was only irritating b/c I had to hang out with her as well. I studied her as deep as possible since she was a close friend of the other friend (items I guess I should have mentioned, but seeing that the OP is already several paragraphs long, I left out). But really, I found very little underneath. As for physics, there really seemed to be no interest on her part (other than her mention of how interested she was). She didn't seem to grasp the most fundamental of concepts of what I was talking about.

As for you INTJs who have already seen the light (that I haven't yet), I suggest....

You guys are probably right about the J/P thing. I will need to figure out a new way to judge J/P differences. Any suggestions?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I can definitely relate to being annoyed by some of these types of girls. I ran into them mainly in high school though. I would think, "Why are they so cheerful? Life isn't all smiling and laughing." I think they were probably ESFx depending on the person but you never know for sure. Definitely E something.

The thing I've learned, though, is that like some others are saying, there is more than just what you see on the surface. Some of these girls might be going through things in life that you have no clue about; you never know. Women, especially younger women, in our society are also pressured and conditioned to act like this. They're often expected to be nice, happy and smiling. If they're not, they can be socially ridiculed and have a multitude of problems. They might even be smarter than they seem, they may be hiding it because they feel that they have to. There are the girls who are genuinely shallow, and others who are just putting on. When they get older, they will probably outgrow this behavior to a large degree, although not all of them will.

I agree sometimes that whole bubbly thing can be pretty annoying to introverts because it is phony to a degree. Introverted intuitives seem to like to view the world both as the way it is but also as the way it could/should be. I see people who act in a way that seems phony to me and I say, "Why can't they just be real?" The answer, I've found, is because they're so conditioned to be influenced by the outer world that they have lost touch in many ways with their inner selves. That's why you can't have a deep conversation with many of them. They are not thinking about their behavior that deeply, if at all. They've figured out that acting this way for now makes life pleasant for them: it makes them friends and people seem to like them, so why change? They're happy this way. While I agree those who are deeper emotionally and intellectually probably aren't going to have a whole lot to say to these people, they have a right to live how they want. This outlook on life doesn't make them bad people, but it means they should take care to develop their inner lives, just as introverts need to work on developing their outer lives.

Lastly, if this girl is paying attention to you and seems to like you, be thankful. The girls like that who I encountered in school were extremely stuck up and snobby, and had little to no tolerance for anyone who was different than they were. At least this girl seems to be thinking, "Hey this guy is interesting, let me see if I can find out more." Say hi to her, give her a chance, you might even take her out sometime and enjoy it more than you ever could have imagined. And if you don't, no big deal, you have plenty of time to see other people.
    A hero is someone who does the right thing without expectation of reward, just because it's the right thing to do.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Ask your ENFP friend for her opinion. Learn why she does or does not value the alledged ESFP. She's more likely to be able to help you understand than any of us.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ESfP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post

That they do. And then they propose to the ESFP in question and live in interestingly defined peace and harmony for the rest of their lives.

Yeah, I think she's an ESFP.
    "Every well-bred petty crook knows -- the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting."
    -Inara Serra

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Eowyn View Post
    That they do. And then they propose to the ESFP in question and live in interestingly defined peace and harmony for the rest of their lives.

Yeah, I think she's an ESFP.
    An INTJ will not live happily for the rest of his life with an ESFP. An INTP might though.