• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Please help me improve my job performance

ygolo

My termites win
Improving my job performance has suddenly become rather important to me. I could use some constructive brainstorming help here.

Please let me know if you can offer constructive help regarding any of the following challenges.

• Challenge 1: Health Related Time/Task Issues
    I get sick a lot. This affects how long things take to finish for me. At school, I got extensions due to illness, and I was pretty good about meeting deadlines then. At work, they need results regardless. They don't expect super-human effort, but they do expect time to be made up. How do I show that I am indeed making up time?

• Challenge 2: Health Related Communication Issues
    Again, I get sick a lot. In addition, I have frequent insomnia. This has caused me to miss a lot of meetings--making communication (or at least the perceived quality of communication) worse. What are good ways to correct this problem in the future?

• Challenge 3: Remote Site (Communication and Time/Task)
    I am the only person in my group at my site. Everyone else is located at a different common site. How can I best neutralize this disadvantage?

• Challenge 4: Relative Lack of Seniority (Time/Task Issues)
    I am one of the most junior members of my group. This means I need to learn a lot as I go from other group members. What are some good pointers for learning well from more senior members of the team? I still need to deliver results like anyone else, and am expected to ramp up quickly.

• Challenge 5: Assertiveness (Communication/Time Task Issues)
    I am generally not very assertive when it comes to getting what I need. This clearly makes communication more difficult. It also makes it harder to get information and resources needed to get my job done faster. Any tips of improving assertiveness or compensating for a lack of assertiveness?

• Challenge 6: Integrative and Investigative Work-Style Preference (Time/Task Issues)
    I don't think in terms of "expectations" and "results" that seems to be the prevailing corporate culture. I take a more organic approach. I prefer to take the time to integrate many inputs to chose the best lead to follow. I general work well towards what is being worked on…however, what I am working on may not be on anyone's schedule, even if people know what I am working on is important. Any tips for resolving the apparent discrepancy in styles?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Issue 1 - are you getting enough sunlight and at least a little bit of exercise? I remember you mentioning that you're indian, you might have some vitamin-D related issues if you stay inside a lot.

ygolo

My termites win
I guess exersice plus vitamin D would be good things to add to my list of things to make sure I get enough of.

Sachetan

MBTI Type
ENTP
Sounds like you really have to prioritize your health before making other improvements. So find out what you need health-wise. Do some studying yourself or find a health practicioner you trust.

Something you're doing now isn't good for you. And there are things you should do and are not doing them. Vitamin and mineral therapies, revamping your diet, mind techniques as meditation, excercise...the list goes on.

Forget the rest for now and really focus on getting results with your health is my piece of advice.