User Tag List

12 Last

Banned

Post The Trouble with INTJ

My primary fault as an INTJ is to attempt to do too much at once often ending in overload.

This can border on criminal when it comes to personal relationships; if I am talking with more than 3 people at once in different conversations I will generally overload and become either rude or distant particulary if the topics turn into thinking topics that my introverted intuition cannot digest at speed.

Do other INTJ's suffer from this problem and if so how do you control it?

MBTI
    nnnn

I do have conversation overload, or E overload, but otherwise I'm very lazy.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I wish I knew. I find it immensely frustrating to have to limit the number of big problems I can work on at any given time, but it seems Ni (more so than other introverted functions?) is like a computer with limited memory: Open too many applications, and none of them will work. I feel I have no choice but to accept it and focus on prioritizing, but if anyone has found a way to process more and faster (maybe through meditation?), I'm all ears.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i find that Ni naturally drifts away from the problem at hand. it wants to sift in the background, wander, explore, reconnect, etc. but this is mostly unhelpful in the present, to be effective it has to let go and work on the problem that is current. otherwise it is too fuzzy and vague to provide meaningful answers, altho it sure as shit will be well-prepared in the future.

Same here. I'm very extraverted and have been told that I'm brave when it comes to
    speaking up about things other people are often too intimidated by the status qou to,
    I have many friends and acquaintances, but few close friends because I'm just not pro-
    grammed to take up everybody else's interest and then randomly switch back to what
    I'm into.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I find it extremely easy to zone out of conversations, but that is mostly if they are boring! I just end up nodding and grunting in the right places while my mind wonders onto more interesting topics.

To be honest, I often find it difficult to concentrate on even one person talking, let alone three. When I was at university, I had to write down my lecture notes by hand, even when the lecturer gave out preprinted notes. The physical act of writing helped me concentrate on what I was supposed to be doing - listening and understanding!

Oddly, I can multitask reasonably proficiently at other things. Again, I think the extrta stimulation is enough to keep me alert.

Banned

This is correct, I did much the same. Remember, we are external thinking and the act of writing it down helps our internal intuition take things in at its own pace

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Well it's nice to know someone else shares my excentricities.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    My primary fault as an INTJ is to attempt to do too much at once often ending in overload.

This can border on criminal when it comes to personal relationships; if I am talking with more than 3 people at once in different conversations I will generally overload and become either rude or distant particulary if the topics turn into thinking topics that my introverted intuition cannot digest at speed.

I think we're just made to focus on a few big things at a time, rather than a number of small things.

In regards to the communication thing, I think I become blunt/direct/rude in those circumstances because my energy has been drained by being around so many people, not just because I am incapable of paying attention to them. I just care less.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

You team up with someone who has Ne and do the divide and conquer-thing
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”