• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] The Trouble with INTJ

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
My primary fault as an INTJ is to attempt to do too much at once often ending in overload.

This can border on criminal when it comes to personal relationships; if I am talking with more than 3 people at once in different conversations I will generally overload and become either rude or distant particulary if the topics turn into thinking topics that my introverted intuition cannot digest at speed.

Do other INTJ's suffer from this problem and if so how do you control it?

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I do have conversation overload, or E overload, but otherwise I'm very lazy.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ

I wish I knew. I find it immensely frustrating to have to limit the number of big problems I can work on at any given time, but it seems Ni (more so than other introverted functions?) is like a computer with limited memory: Open too many applications, and none of them will work. I feel I have no choice but to accept it and focus on prioritizing, but if anyone has found a way to process more and faster (maybe through meditation?), I'm all ears.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i find that Ni naturally drifts away from the problem at hand. it wants to sift in the background, wander, explore, reconnect, etc. but this is mostly unhelpful in the present, to be effective it has to let go and work on the problem that is current. otherwise it is too fuzzy and vague to provide meaningful answers, altho it sure as shit will be well-prepared in the future.

capricorn009

Same here. I'm very extraverted and have been told that I'm brave when it comes to
speaking up about things other people are often too intimidated by the status qou to,
I have many friends and acquaintances, but few close friends because I'm just not pro-
grammed to take up everybody else's interest and then randomly switch back to what
I'm into.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I find it extremely easy to zone out of conversations, but that is mostly if they are boring! I just end up nodding and grunting in the right places while my mind wonders onto more interesting topics.

To be honest, I often find it difficult to concentrate on even one person talking, let alone three. When I was at university, I had to write down my lecture notes by hand, even when the lecturer gave out preprinted notes. The physical act of writing helped me concentrate on what I was supposed to be doing - listening and understanding!

Oddly, I can multitask reasonably proficiently at other things. Again, I think the extrta stimulation is enough to keep me alert.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
This is correct, I did much the same. Remember, we are external thinking and the act of writing it down helps our internal intuition take things in at its own pace ;)

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Well it's nice to know someone else shares my excentricities.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
My primary fault as an INTJ is to attempt to do too much at once often ending in overload.

This can border on criminal when it comes to personal relationships; if I am talking with more than 3 people at once in different conversations I will generally overload and become either rude or distant particulary if the topics turn into thinking topics that my introverted intuition cannot digest at speed.

I think we're just made to focus on a few big things at a time, rather than a number of small things.

In regards to the communication thing, I think I become blunt/direct/rude in those circumstances because my energy has been drained by being around so many people, not just because I am incapable of paying attention to them. I just care less.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You team up with someone who has Ne and do the divide and conquer-thing ;)