• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Which INTUITIVE type is most likely to get FRIEND ZONED?

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
I got friend zoned once, I learned my lesson quickly and havent had to worry about it since. (I was young)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This probably sounds stupid, but I wish I got friend-zoned more often.
I'm tired of losing friends when they realize I'm not romantically inclined towards them.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Well yes INFP male it is, I'm putting it down to not enough testosterone. the end. INFP males with enough testosterone don't get friend zoned. Just a theory. My ISFP friends get friend zoned too. Its unfortunate.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
This probably sounds stupid, but I wish I got friend-zoned more often.
I'm tired of losing friends when they realize I'm not romantically inclined towards them.

:yes:

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
My favorite category is the "Maybe good for later" category.

lolz

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I find this thread fascinating, largely because I've never heard of "friend zoning", so I'm having fun trying to work out what it is by studying the various post. It's like reading the last page in a book and then trying to work out what the opening chapter was.

Would anyone care to relieve my ignorance?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I've never been friend-zoned, if I like a girl I make a move way before I have become one of her "friends".

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Ah, no! PickUp again :D

This don't hold for every type, and is too generalizing. But I know about an INFP, who gets some insights by that.

Nizy

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
First time I was in the friend zone I kept waiting for the girl to take the initiative. My thought process was "Ok I have be quietly waiting patiently...now when is the sex coming?".

This isn't the way to do it?

I've been going so wrong for all these years...

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I've never been friend-zoned; I usually end up with someone who indicates interest, and I think to myself, "Actually, I quite like them too". I find it disgusting to "friend-zone" someone. In the past, if someone had feelings for me that weren't returned, I would simply cut ties with them. Gotta be cruel to be kind.

ETA: I don't actively fall for people? I just add them to my list of "People I would say yes to if they asked first".

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I find this thread fascinating, largely because I've never heard of "friend zoning", so I'm having fun trying to work out what it is by studying the various post. It's like reading the last page in a book and then trying to work out what the opening chapter was.

Would anyone care to relieve my ignorance?

Friend zone: When you are attracted to someone and they make it clear that you are only in their "friend zone". In other words, the feeling you have towards them is not mutual - at least not in "that way".

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm usually so distant to people I've never really entered the 'friend zone'.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I find it disgusting to "friend-zone" someone. In the past, if someone had feelings for me that weren't returned, I would simply cut ties with them. Gotta be cruel to be kind.

Hmm, this is interesting. What about the friendship that develops into "i want more" then back into friends. Wouldn't you lose out on that?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yes it does. I wonder how many people who are "friend zoned" really are so crushed and dismayed that they can't ever talk to the person again and need to be "cut loose"

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
It depends on the healthyness of the friend-zoned one. If he/she has a good life and is sexually satisfied, a normal contact is possible. But this can last years.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
^most of those who get stuck in the FZ end/spend their time by:

The Realist: Clean break when it gets through their head that the attraction is not mutual.

The Procrastinator: Linger and eventually get resentful and slowly fade, come back, fade etc...

Optimist Hopeful as they continue to wait...and wait...ad nausium...some say its just an excuse for not getting a life.

The Adventurer: Male in FZ: Works up to the top of the FZ hierarchy to that of a "cuddle bitch" then makes a ladder hop hopping to roll 20. Female in FZ: waits until they both get tipsy and create one of those "it just happened moments".

Pragmatists: Uses FZ mates back, as pivots or social proofing for other potential catches (and yes sometimes even simply as friends).

proximo

Hmm, this is interesting. What about the friendship that develops into "i want more" then back into friends. Wouldn't you lose out on that?

Couldn't happen for me. It's either platonic, or it's romantic. If it's ever been romantic, it can never be platonic again. It just can't... that's the end. Not everyone can "still be friends". I look at people who can with bewilderment and envy.

Not that it matters, since I haven't been attracted to anyone for years and I'm pretty sure nobody has to me.