User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

I've never been friend-zoned; I usually end up with someone who indicates interest, and I think to myself, "Actually, I quite like them too". I find it disgusting to "friend-zone" someone. In the past, if someone had feelings for me that weren't returned, I would simply cut ties with them. Gotta be cruel to be kind.

ETA: I don't actively fall for people? I just add them to my list of "People I would say yes to if they asked first".
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I find this thread fascinating, largely because I've never heard of "friend zoning", so I'm having fun trying to work out what it is by studying the various post. It's like reading the last page in a book and then trying to work out what the opening chapter was.

Would anyone care to relieve my ignorance?
    Friend zone: When you are attracted to someone and they make it clear that you are only in their "friend zone". In other words, the feeling you have towards them is not mutual - at least not in "that way".

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I'm usually so distant to people I've never really entered the 'friend zone'.

INFPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I'm usually so distant to people I've never really entered the 'friend zone'.
    Ha! We have a winner...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    I find it disgusting to "friend-zone" someone. In the past, if someone had feelings for me that weren't returned, I would simply cut ties with them. Gotta be cruel to be kind.
    Hmm, this is interesting. What about the friendship that develops into "i want more" then back into friends. Wouldn't you lose out on that?

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Hmm, this is interesting. What about the friendship that develops into "i want more" then back into friends.
    Does it ever? I don't think so.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Yes it does. I wonder how many people who are "friend zoned" really are so crushed and dismayed that they can't ever talk to the person again and need to be "cut loose"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENTp

It depends on the healthyness of the friend-zoned one. If he/she has a good life and is sexually satisfied, a normal contact is possible. But this can last years.
    ** Upgrading my english **
    Corrections for my language are willingly seen

Enneagram: 7w6

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

^most of those who get stuck in the FZ end/spend their time by:

The Realist: Clean break when it gets through their head that the attraction is not mutual.

The Procrastinator: Linger and eventually get resentful and slowly fade, come back, fade etc...

Optimist Hopeful as they continue to wait...and wait...ad nausium...some say its just an excuse for not getting a life.

The Adventurer: Male in FZ: Works up to the top of the FZ hierarchy to that of a "cuddle bitch" then makes a ladder hop hopping to roll 20. Female in FZ: waits until they both get tipsy and create one of those "it just happened moments".

Pragmatists: Uses FZ mates back, as pivots or social proofing for other potential catches (and yes sometimes even simply as friends).
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Hmm, this is interesting. What about the friendship that develops into "i want more" then back into friends. Wouldn't you lose out on that?
    Couldn't happen for me. It's either platonic, or it's romantic. If it's ever been romantic, it can never be platonic again. It just can't... that's the end. Not everyone can "still be friends". I look at people who can with bewilderment and envy.

Not that it matters, since I haven't been attracted to anyone for years and I'm pretty sure nobody has to me.
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving