Also this depends on the gender.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

:facepalm:

I don't know if this has much to do with type... It's more about how well someone learns from past mistakes, really.
    If it happened once. Twice. Three times. Then any normal person would start taking action to analyze what the hell he/she is doing wrong and change it, if it isn't some vital stuff.

I say that's necessary, some might say that it's bad to change ones behavior... But really, isn't "being human" all about adaptation?
    I assure you all, we wouldn't be here to get friend-zoned every once in a while if we didn't learn and change, regardless of type

Just for the record... I don't think many in here can brag about some large scale survey on the matter, so personal experience may very well be the best info we'll get...
    Here's mine.
    The most frequently friend-zoned people in my immediate surroundings are actually an ENFJ and an ENTP.
    It used to happen a lot to me when I was a bit younger. All the time, quite literally.
    Now, I simply walk away if I judge that the day cannot be won. I don't find much pleasure in hunting someone who doesn't want to be pursued.
    Well... This kind of only applies when i'm single, of course. Which I am not.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid and Flammable View Post
    But I see, that only the charme of my ENTPness alone won't work for long. For example, if she's playing games or behave shy or something like that. Or if she isn't outgoing enough and behave strange. My personal strengths are the first minutes after seeing or maybe internet-chatting. But that's not all, after this can happen so much to take me out. Another types strengths is maybe to hold deeper conversations, but he don't reach this point.
    My ESFP(tp?) mom used to say that she could always get the guy but that didn't mean she could keep the guy. It's the same idea, you have to play to your strengths and recognize and work around your weaknesses.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I once friend zoned and intj but that was only because she never showed me she is intrested in more than just to be friends.

I was older at that young age :/ ( but thanks to booze, nowadays all second thoughts are gone with the wind )
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

OP said that INTJ's are the most socially awkward. I'd have to disagree. They may feel awkward (I don't know), but their Te makes them seem so normal and confident. I think the INFP/INTP with their Ne (as an auxiliary function, not primary like ENFP/ENTP) would have to be the most awkward, generally speaking.

Te users come off seeming mentally tough. They usually get your respect.

Ne users seem to be misunderstood all the time and we draw the most strange looks () which, over time, probably causes us to be even more withdrawn and/or awkward.

However, LOL at ENTJ's wanting to be Brad Pitt and actually being more like Donald Trump. It made me laugh just picturing the hair of both men and imagining Trump going home at the end of a long day and looking in the mirror and wishing he had the lion's mane of Brad Pitt.

Funny post OP!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    lick

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    :facepalm:

I don't know if this has much to do with type... It's more about how well someone learns from past mistakes, really.
    If it happened once. Twice. Three times. Then any normal person would start taking action to analyze what the hell he/she is doing wrong and change it, if it isn't some vital stuff.

I say that's necessary, some might say that it's bad to change ones behavior... But really, isn't "being human" all about adaptation?
    I assure you all, we wouldn't be here to get friend-zoned every once in a while if we didn't learn and change, regardless of type

Just for the record... I don't think many in here can brag about some large scale survey on the matter, so personal experience may very well be the best info we'll get...
    Here's mine.
    The most frequently friend-zoned people in my immediate surroundings are actually an ENFJ and an ENTP.
    It used to happen a lot to me when I was a bit younger. All the time, quite literally.
    Now, I simply walk away if I judge that the day cannot be won. I don't find much pleasure in hunting someone who doesn't want to be pursued.
    Well... This kind of only applies when i'm single, of course. Which I am not.
    Likewise. I used to always get friendzoned but now I just walk away with my dignity in tact. I usually only do this once i feel like i've presented myself as best i possibly can and they still show little interest. I've become a lot better at probing the level of attraction without making it seem blatently obvious that i'm interested in them, which helps a lot. Can't win em all, unfortunately... :C

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Interesting thread. It was pretty rough when I was younger, I even had a hard time making it into the "friend zone". First time I was in the friend zone I kept waiting for the girl to take the initiative. My thought process was "Ok I have be quietly waiting patiently...now when is the sex coming?"

I was so clueless on the game and its rules...kinda pissed at my Dad, who is a bit of a slut (but in a good way), for not training me.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't believe in "friend-zoning". It only exists if you make it exist. If you're upfront with your intentions, then you're either rejected or accepted as a romantic potential.

So that said, with Ns, I think NF diplomacy and introvert passiveness would lead to that situation the most. That does bode rather poorly for INFx types, especially non-directive INFPs. However, being depressive or whiny doesn't win friends either, so there's something likable about someone who is "friend-zoned", even if they are not assertive enough to make their romantic interest clear.

You may also be surprised at how much ENFJ men complain they cannot get a gf when they are surrounded by female friends - but I think it's because they are picky, as are many idealists.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    You may also be surprised at how much ENFJ men complain they cannot get a gf when they are surrounded by female friends - but I think it's because they are picky, as are many idealists.
    I think they just like to bitch
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

The Friend-Zone is an excuse. People are either attracted to you or they aren't. But Boldness does help.