User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

Default The nature of NTP sarcasm.

Does anyone here think that the accusation with regard to NTP sarcasm is a tad exaggerated, at least online?

In reality, I hardly use it unless I'm heavily pissed off, which doesn't happen that much.

The thing is, NTP sarcasm can be so brutal (in a real life interaction), that anyone who gets hit by it may end up hating the NTP person for an extended period of time, the NTP person may actually use it quite rarely.

I actually have a near 100% pissing-off batting average with this. The only archetype that doesn't get pissed off (or at least try not to look annoyed) is an ENTJ.

Here's a story.

There was a a high-school reunion a few days back. There was guy A (ESxx), girl A (ESFP), and me (xNTP). Both of us guys has a crush on girl A. Guy A tries to make himself look good on girl A by ridiculing me, accusing of having a certain degree of fondness towards girl A (plus the usual geeky NTP accusations), when in fact, he likes girl A himself.

The strategy there was to make himself look good my making me lose my poise, while making him the witty guy.

Which is kinda silly since the ESFP girl is hardly interested with anyone of us. The ESxx guy isn't spectacularly interesting anyway (geeky without the intellect aspect; scrawny and short as a midget).

I thought it was kinda silly to pseudo-argue over a girl.

I was already tipsy, and the ridiculing continues, already losing my cool. And then I said...

"Don't make yourself look good at my expense."

(I hate being ridiculed when I don't have 100% awareness of what's going around).

Guy didn't immediately picked up the message, but the atmosphere got silent later. That was my first time getting mad while tipsy. I don't usually get drunk.

The following day, having full awareness of what happened, I posted a "cryptic" facebook shoutout:

"The moment you ever piss me off again, your girlfriend is just a phone call away."

Translation: I just tell the f*ck what you're doing with the (ESFP) girl

The ESxx guy hasn't got good stints in relationship himself. He has a good girlfriend now (a 1 year relationship. The gf is well acquainted with me), and I tested if I can rattle him with the statement.

Piss me off again, and there's me saying Hello to his girlfriend.

He can probably do something similar. Tell my girlfriend that I have a fondness towards the girl but it's a more solid one than his (5 years), and it's less believable that I hound other women. NTPs don't generate that much girl hounding impression.

Guy got sooooo pissed off with that one sentence shoutout.

And the statement got added to my list of my idea of 'light' sarcasm that makes me become hated, for life. I probably shouldn't have 'tested the waters'.

To wrap things up:

*NTPs usually use their sarcasm to:
    1. Make ENTJs lose their poise. They're the most challenging since they're the ones who're most conscious about it.
    2. Flirt with NFJs and control them with that before they use their charm. Though their charms still beats the NTP sarcasm.

*will probably tolerate the controlling nature of an SJ, until it gets overboard, and then an NTP goes ballistic, pwning them with just one statement.

*but hardly does spontaneous sarcasm in real life (unless has very very weak F).

can any NTP here relate to this?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Cypocalypse View Post
    can any NTP here relate to this?
    yes to 98.27% of what you sayd

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Errm... I tend to find sarcasm as a useful method of dealing with the world. I'd be bored if I were deprived of it for too long. So many things need saying in such formulaic manner that with a touch of sarcasm, like fine spices, suddenly take on new heights of interest.

Sarcasm is used for mild correction, for encouragement and for evasion. I did actually use it once and get the girl but I think that was more because I was the only one present not fawning as much as any inherent wit, especially as the female in question was the target for my derision.

One note.... sarcasm.... tends not to cheer up many NFs... works fabulously on SFs and STs though... except SJs...
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Sarcasm is a great tool to make others look like idiots. You can use it to make someone pissed off so that others people in the group dont have eny idea why he reacted that strongly and he will look like idiot who gets pissed off really easilly.

One way to piss people off with sarcasm is to make the target not get it, but to make other people get it(sarcastic joke would work best usually). Then you push the other guy to make "wrong"(hostile or enyhow weird that looks bad) reactions from the sarcasm. This will show others that he didnt get the sarcasm right or hes just over reacting to small things. If he reacts too strong in a wrong way for the situation(from other peoples point of view in the group) he will look like a pissed off retard or if he simple doesent get the sarcasm he will look really dumb. If he reacts in a weird but not hostile way to the situation, you can explain it to him and people will get pissed off when you explain something easy to get for them in front of the crowd and when they see that they reacted in weird way they feel embarrasment and be pissed off. You shouldnt do this in a mean way or you will just look bad.

Do these right several times to someone and you will get some wrong reactions out of him for sure.

When people are pissed off they react in a wrong way to little things allso that other people can see, but the pissed off guy wont see it so clearly.

If you manage to get someone so pissed off that he gets violent, this is the time to show your ninja moves to the girls.

"Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You're intrested in joining Germany in the next war ? Your evil plotting is marvellous xD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Some INTx types use sarcasm constantly as a tool to keep people away (basically), it's a nice protective wall. I seen maybe 20-25% of INTx people behave this way as their normal mode here online; some others will dabble in it from time to time, for fun.

Those who are more comfortable interacting with people and not bothered with some personal disclosure will just use it in an appropriate context, to deliver a succinct solid punch to someone or something that needs to be knocked down a notch or two.

I don't use it unless I have a good point; even when I'm angry, I try to avoid it because I know it's going to hit pretty solidly, so I hold onto it until I think it's essential to use.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I agree with this. I use sarcasm when I am starting to get irritated with someone, or someone tries to bother me. I use this more as a weapon to attack said person before they know what hits them.

Sarcasm also comes into play when talking to an incredibly dumb person, someone I already rather dislike, someone who is rude to me, or someone I am just messing with.

Two modes to my sarcasm: playful, and ripping.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You're intrested in joining Germany in the next war ? Your evil plotting is marvellous xD
    Thanks, but those are just the basics, in reality its really complex. Im not intrested abour war

And this:

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Some INTx types use sarcasm constantly as a tool to keep people away (basically), it's a nice protective wall. I seen maybe 20-25% of INTx people behave this way as their normal mode here online; some others will dabble in it from time to time, for fun.

Those who are more comfortable interacting with people and not bothered with some personal disclosure will just use it in an appropriate context, to deliver a succinct solid punch to someone or something that needs to be knocked down a notch or two.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Sarcasm? Sarcasm?!!! I don't do sarcasm!!!

I just go straight to the relative point.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Two modes to my sarcasm: playful, and ripping.
    combine these and you turn to superhuman
    — C.G. Jung

Read