• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] The nature of NTP sarcasm.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Doesn't sound really like something hurtful (the OP, I mean). Perhaps ENTJs are just really not offended by that kind of thing. I know I wouldn't be.

Bowie

MBTI Type
ENTP
I use sarcasm on the offense and the defense. I am sarcastic when I find somebody irritatingly incompetent or overly emotional. Many times people don't even realize that I'm fooling around with them. It's all supposed to be fun and games though; I certainly don't like to hurt people's feelings. A part of me wishes that the people to which I am sarcastic will see things from a different perspective and potentially change the way they are handling a certain situation (though this is naive, idealistic, and very rarely happens).

I also use sarcasm when somebody has personally upset me in some way, and I don't want them to know it. I'll just throw in some witty light-hearted remark to defuse the situation.

Sarcasm is what comes natural to me though. I use it on pretty much an hourly basis.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Not only do people not realize I'm not being serious, but I've also noticed, the people who do get it, think it's fun and entertaining when I'm insincere/sarcastic to them.

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
(I'll be damned...bobby!??? It's a coincidence, dude. I promise.)

I checked your profile. You're a girl? That makes you the 2nd INTP female in existence that knows me on a personal level.

Seriously, please add me up. FB, YM, everything. We need to talk.
O_O

Qre:us

I am quite sarcastic. It's aim in a context reveals whether it's used to bite back, present some just desserts, joke around, alleviate personal boredom/amuse myself, or call someone out on their bullshit.

A few days ago, stopped at a red light, need to make a right turn. Sign clearly indicates - 'no turning right on red'. So, I wait. Patiently. Beside me, this burly [read:fat] dude with a bad attitude, in his security guard uniform, waiting at his bus-stop, decides to make MY business HIS. Yelling about me holding up traffic.

I try once to point him to the sign. He keeps going.

So, my mouthing off begins.

He decides to bust out his security guard ID and flash it at me, as if that should earn my respect.

To which I pretend-shiver, and ask, "What did you do? Fail the physical and written test for the police academy?"

He turns red, calls me a few choice words and slithers off quite fast.

I have a cardinal rule: if you bring it, I will finish it. Sarcasm is a great tool for that.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You know that we are only talking about you in our relationship lately ? I feel left out and already caught me waiting for the mailman in the mornings -.-

Qre:us

You know that we are only talking about you in our relationship lately ? I feel left out and already caught me waiting for the mailman in the mornings -.-

Whatever he says, his milk isn't for free. Trust me. -.-

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"The moment you ever piss me off again, your girlfriend is just a phone call away."

Err... this isn't sarcasm, this is a threat. A very well-placed one if I might add.
Be an idiot if you'd like to, but if you ever make me look ridiculous to your own advantage, I promise you'll regret it.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
NTP sarcasm is why I love them. George Lass, House, Billie Joe Armstrong, all those crazies.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Its sad one cant bump house isnt it ?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You missed my sarcasm !! Or was it irony ?

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
WTF are you talking about? You spy on me enough to know I don't have a girlfiriend.

Are you going to poison Julius against me now?
:azdaja:

I have a feeling this should be very funny, but I don't get the reference... :( :D

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My sarcasm is better suited to reciprocation, wherein somebody says something and I counter it, and the counter usually is crushing, witty, and humiliating, beyond the degree I expect it to be.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
post the zombie kid post it ahahahahahahahahaha :D

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I didn't think that was sarcasm in the O.P. it just looked like a guy who got pissed and dickish.

Anyone with me?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I got your wing bro, no more dickish ship in the fleet than mine !