User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by bLAze View Post
    I apologize for whatever I may have done. Not worth the conflict.
    I tend to get super pissed over forum arguments
    That's fine.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by bLAze View Post
    Don't you think that J's are better bullshit detectors though because we connect the dots? I'm not sure what it's like to be a P so I could be wrong.
    NP connects dots as well. In fact, for an ENFP at least, connecting dots is kinda what we do. But I think we're less likely to call people on their errors, their untruths, and their mask in the way a J would. I don't think the typical NFP is nearly as direct with calling people out. Our agenda isn't so much about being "right" about someone, as much as it is "to know" them.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    NP connects dots as well. In fact, for an ENFP at least, connecting dots is kinda what we do. But I think we're less likely to call people on their errors, their untruths, and their mask in the way a J would. I don't think the typical NFP is nearly as direct with calling people out. Our agenda isn't so much about being "right" about someone, as much as it is "to know" them.
    As an ENTP if I know people are full of it, I rarely call them out, unless it is effecting me in a negative manner. Otherwise, I don't care. Most of the time I find it funny.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by YoungGun2112 View Post
    Which NT type has the best bullshit detector?

By bullshit, I mean any type of deceit. Be it lying, being fake, telling half-truths, leading people on, pretending to be something or someone you are not, secret motives, whatever. Just has to be a form of deceit.

I am thinking ENTJ.

Te seems to be the function that would be most constantly vetting the things going on around the ENTJ, checking facts, going over things in their thoughts. I think ENTP, with Ne, would be extremely strong as well, but they might too often take things people tell them at face value because they so often have a rationale for why something can be the way it was said to be. INTP and INTJ don't see outwardly focused enough to vet people for bullshit. I feel like they would go, "Oh, okay," and then go back to their thoughts.

But all NT types, are probably MUCH stronger at detecting bullshit than other MBTI types.
    I think it could be ENTP. Takes one to know one, after all. Also, ENTJ's are often bullshitting. They often have a plan for how they will line everyone up and they keep it to themselves.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I think it could be ENTP. Takes one to know one, after all. Also, ENTJ's are often bullshitting. They often have a plan for how they will line everyone up and they keep it to themselves.
    Do you have anything more you would like to say?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Do you have anything more you would like to say?
    In such as?

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm just curious. Could you give an example?

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by YoungGun2112 View Post
    As an ENTP if I know people are full of it, I rarely call them out, unless it is effecting me in a negative manner. Otherwise, I don't care. Most of the time I find it funny.
    So in that way, few people would ever really know if you were a good bullshit detector or not. You don't let on.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I'm just curious. Could you give an example?
    My uncle is some big shit in the military. Like you see him on CNN occasionally. I respect his abilities a lot and he is truly impressive, but I have no illusions either. His way of directing and working people is so transparent to me yet everyone else seems to fall in line and really take what he says hook, line and sinker, seemingly without thought. He's a master leader, but I still see a lot of naked ambition and detect the workings of his own program. He is ENTJ. We have an understanding that is unspoken. He purposefully tells me nice things and I pretend to appreciate it, but we both know it's part of his winning hearts and minds program. The same thing he does with everyone he comes into contact with. It works, though.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I think it would be interesting to figure out what effect Ne would have on finding out if people are lying or not, if any. I don't know enough about the functions to properly explain. But does anyone want to give it a try?