User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by bLAze View Post
    If either of your attempted jokes were funny, I may have been OK. But in retrospect I see that I wasted my time reading both of your posts only to not even laugh. What a letdown, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    A lack of feelings can also come off as insincere can't it?
    Didn't take that into consideration, actually. When I have to open up to somebody, I can come off as insincere even if I am sincere.

Good eye.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    There are different kinds of bullshit detectors. I'm not particularly tuned into a person's emotions, but I'm the most tuned into whether a person's words matches their actions, and also if their behavior seems consistent. That is how my bullshit detector works.

On the other hand my INFJ wife is extremely tuned into a person's emotions, so she can sense when a person is up to something or acting shifty even if she doesn't know exactly why. She tends to trust people who give off a trustworthy vibe, while I trust people when they act consistently. So our bullshit detectors tend to go off in different kinds of situations.
    I agree.

For me, I can very easily detect bullshit. I can see through people fairly easily, and I can also read between the lines. It's not like me to call someone on their bullshit though. I'd prefer to find out why they're bullshitting at all, so I let it persist and start digging for answers.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by bLAze View Post
    If either of your attempted jokes were funny, I may have been OK. But in retrospect I see that I wasted my time reading both of your posts only to not even laugh. What a letdown, dude.
    Actually, it wasn't meant to be funny. This is a thread for who's the best bullshit detectors, and you're full of it.

Just don't be stereotypical, and I'm fine with you.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    I agree.

For me, I can very easily detect bullshit. I can see through people fairly easily, and I can also read between the lines. It's not like me to call someone on their bullshit though. I'd prefer to find out why they're bullshitting at all, so I let it persist and start digging for answers.
    Don't you think that J's are better bullshit detectors though because we connect the dots? I'm not sure what it's like to be a P so I could be wrong.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

There are different kinds of bullshit detectors. I'm not particularly tuned into a person's emotions, but I'm the most tuned into whether a person's words matches their actions, and also if their behavior seems consistent. That is how my bullshit detector works.

On the other hand my INFJ wife is extremely tuned into a person's emotions, so she can sense when a person is up to something or acting shifty even if she doesn't know exactly why. She tends to trust people who give off a trustworthy vibe, while I trust people when they act consistently. So our bullshit detectors tend to go off in different kinds of situations.
    I only view the latter as the bullshit factor skill--the former, sure, NTs do it easily, myself included, but anyone could do this if they focused their attention on it.

Whereas the NF skill... it has an unlearnable factor.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah, and they detect it in completely different ways too.

As an ENTP, for me to figure out if someone is full of bullshit or not, I have to converse with them. If I can hear from them what they think, and why they think it, I can quickly piece together their logic in a way that allows me to know if they are full of bullshit or not.

I would assume that an ENTJ does it by how a person carries themselves, or his/her actions.

An NFJ can probably tell if a person is full of it by watching their facial expressions from across the room.

Quote Originally Posted by PoprocksAndCoke View Post
    Actually, it wasn't meant to be funny. This is a thread for who's the best bullshit detectors, and you're full of it.

Just don't be stereotypical, and I'm fine with you.
    I apologize for whatever I may have done. Not worth the conflict.
    I tend to get super pissed over forum arguments

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Having x-rays is fun.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

To YoungGun: Yup.

I love those who are full of it and openly admit it. Like a bunch of my ENTP friends.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris