User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by bLAze View Post
    You F's are the biggest bullshitters of all. Feelings just scream insincerity.
    You're making my He's-Either-A-Troll-Or-Just-A-Dick detector go in to overdrive.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Both NTJ's do this to (i think)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I'd give it to NFJ's they can see through the crap as well.

It's our curse and our blessing.
    Yup. ENTPs are fairly good bullshit detectors as well. And ENTJs.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

There are different kinds of bullshit detectors. I'm not particularly tuned into a person's emotions, but I'm the most tuned into whether a person's words matches their actions, and also if their behavior seems consistent. That is how my bullshit detector works.

On the other hand my INFJ wife is extremely tuned into a person's emotions, so she can sense when a person is up to something or acting shifty even if she doesn't know exactly why. She tends to trust people who give off a trustworthy vibe, while I trust people when they act consistently. So our bullshit detectors tend to go off in different kinds of situations.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

A lack of feelings can also come off as insincere can't it?

Best bullshit detector? Anyone who can catch those who act out of sync with what they say, do, feel, and think.

Best bullshitters tend to be poker players IMO.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Liquid Laser is correct. There are different types.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I'd give it to NFJ's they can see through the crap as well.

It's our curse and our blessing.
    I wouldn't argue that. I used to be close with an INFJ that was the best bullshit detector I have ever seen. She knew people were full of shit by the way they carried themselves across a room. I usually can tell too, but she did it to a crazy level.

But the problem with her was that once you were in her someone-that-does-not bullshit category, it was hard for you to get back out of it, no matter what type of deceit happened. She gave too many people the benefit of the doubt, wanting to believe in the goodness of them. I feel like that is the main problem with F's. They want to believe in people, especially the ones closest to them. I don't feel as if they are cynical enough to vet people. But my experience with NFJs is limited, so I could very well be way off base here.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    A lack of feelings can also come off as insincere can't it?
    This is correct.

Edit: What a lame 300th post.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by YoungGun2112 View Post
    I wouldn't argue that. I used to be close with an INFJ that was the best bullshit detector I have ever seen. She knew people were full of shit by the way they carried themselves across a room. I usually can tell too, but she did it to a crazy level.

But the problem with her, was that once you were in her someone-that-does-not bullshit category, it was hard for you to get back out of it, no matter what type of deceit happened. She gave too many people the benefit of the doubt, wanting to believe in the goodness of them. I feel like that is the main problem with F's. They want to believe in people, especially the ones closest to them. I don't feel as if they are cynical enough, to vet people. But my experience with NFJs is limited, so I could very well be way off base here.
    You're doing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by PoprocksAndCoke View Post
    You're making my He's-Either-A-Troll-Or-Just-A-Dick detector go in to overdrive.
    If either of your attempted jokes were funny, I may have been OK. But in retrospect I see that I wasted my time reading both of your posts only to not even laugh. What a letdown, dude.