Thread: Anger

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default Anger

I have always been of the belief (perhaps foolishly) that everyone has the same capacity to control their self when it comes to anger, or at least, outbursts caused by such. In my opinion, anger is never conducive to anything in my life. Keep in mind this is just from my personal experience and may not relate to anyone else, but personally, it has no use for me. It clouds judgment and causes irrational action if it is in excess, and overall I find it quite the useless emotion. If something is "hated/disliked" by you, why should you waste the energy it takes. Why waste thoughts upon something that you detest so? It's a waste of energy, and thus I do not. I assumed that everyone had the same reasoning that I did to begin with, the same raw materials for control over ones self yet chooses or does not choose to use it, but an ISTJ friend told me different. He said that because everyone's perception of the world is different they all deal with anger in their own way and that it is not a choice.

Input?
    The Symbol of the King*The Absolute Does Not Exist*Kingship Will Bring Me Freedom
    5w4-4w5-1w9

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Anger and hate can be useful.

As long as one waits for a situation of appropriate severity to apply them.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Liason View Post
    I have always been of the belief (perhaps foolishly) that everyone has the same capacity to control their self when it comes to anger, or at least, outbursts caused by such. .

Input?

I agree but almost certainly not in the way you might imagine.

Everyone is capable of murder in the right circumstances.... just most people ahve different tipping points.

I'm pretty sure you didn't mean that, that you thought everyone has the ability to control their anger in a civilised way and I'd totalyl dissagree with you. If it were true there would b no murders etc. Almost all murders are anger fuled and the remaining are non angered are seriously twisted types - cold blood without consious or empathy.

Ok I am labouring the point... no people have very different aptitudes to control themselves.

There are different views about IF one ought to control anger - ie it inverst and eat as you and becomes suppreseed with often leads to rage which is massively distructive on the physical and emotional health.

Many passive agressive types are eatten up by not being confrontational, so when they do confront it's a hideous mess of acusation - when the deed was probably relatively minor.

In the happy clappy school of world order we all ought to lighten up and care less....

All walks have merits but humans tend to have one thing in common, they are all pretty different and behave differently to the same stimulus.

Sorry I've probably just done a complete circle.

Anger can spurn a person who is non confrontation to have their needs met at lest in part.

Anger can help in emergency sisutation
    Anger can cause people to rethink their steps and take alternative routes
    Anger can be increadibly distructive, cause offense and lead to escalations toward violence.

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't beleive hate has any use what so ever, I think along with Jelousy it is one of the most unhealthy emo...

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Hate. Gives incentive, clarity of vision, and focus.

If someone has wronged you in a sufficiently severe way to justify hate, that hate can drive you rectify the situation so that equity has been achieved.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post

If someone has wronged you in a sufficiently severe way to justify hate, that hate can drive you rectify the situation so that equity has been achieved.
    Sorry Disc...

But this is kind of a teen response.... Revenge/retribution doesn't drive possitive outcomes.

Waterstones the bookshop was born out of some guy beign angry because he got fired, so he set up the company and traded, did very well for himself. Huge difference than the exchange that happens through hatred, which usually is about tit for tat, never a good for anyone...

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Hatred is only a problem when taken too far. That's why I said "until equity has been achieved". Hatred only serves a purpose insofar as it acts to support just result.

An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind. But letting the man who blinded you go free begets acceptance of criminality.

MBTI
    ENTP

An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind. But letting the man who blinded you go free begets acceptance of criminality.
    I just can't agree I'm affriad... but no biggie

An eye for an eye leves both men handicapped, one doesn't have to have retribution in order to balance the situation. Many phylosophies and beleifs look at different ways of dealing with this type of crime agains fellow man.

Hate is pointless, destructive and causes more problmes than it can ever hope to fix. Anger however has possitives and negatives...

anyways, don't want to get into a pingpong match, just don't agree witcha...

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Different strokes for different folks.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

It doesn't rectify jack shit, but it can totally make the angry person feel better. So I think it's kind of a good instrument for certain purposes. Let's not act as if it's some godsent stuff tho
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp