User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Anger

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Anger is what happens to me when I don't want to face the ugly truth about myself.. My anger .. which is a result of shame and fear..is always directed outward.. which means it never gets fixed because the source of it is ignored and no accountability is taken..
    Round and round we go..

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You may be able to find an applicable use for anger.

But anger- when it comes to myself- is a result of a lack of selfcontrol. Which I don't like.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    No, it really doens't. If someone had commited a legitimate crime then we have laws, almost everything else is petty squabbles - and not worthy of retaliation.
    There are not enough cops around to prevent every transgression. In many cases the risk of retaliation is the only thing that make predators think twice.
    I'd put a guess that there will be a gender devide on the answers to this question and also a partciular skew of you blokes 14 - 28 who beleive retribution is useful.
    On the contrary, I almost never get angry. I am rarely motivated enough to retaliate against minor transgressions. But my logical side is telling me that I might not doing my share to dissuade the spread of bad behavior.

If I did not have a temper when I was a kid, I think I would have been bullied mercilessly because I was normally so quiet.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    There are not enough cops around to prevent every transgression. In many cases the risk of retaliation is the only thing that make predators think twice.
    And when the predators run out of innocent food, they'll eat each other. Angry people die angry.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

OP:

NT's tend to be pretty good at suppressing emotions, including anger, if it seems rational to do so.

Other types are not so good at that, and/or can't do it easily.

So they might have some issues to overcome with unrestrained emotion... but we just have flaws in other areas we need to work on (including knowing when it is appropriate and healthy to not restrain emotion).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Default An anecdote...

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...0-post111.html

^ it's a long read, and not explicitly a response to OP's inquiry, hence, moving it to my blog...if anyone is interested. I'd like input in how other's see my role in the above anecdote.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I think you could have given her a minute by disengaging from her when she asked you to. It's very hard to listen when your pulse is hammering. I give her credit that she was able.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I think you could have given her a minute by disengaging from her when she asked you to. It's very hard to listen when your pulse is hammering. I give her credit that she was able.
    Yes, it's hard. Is something being 'very hard' necessarily a bad thing?

For me, everything that's hard in life, one shouldn't run from it, or ask to be excused from, but challenge to conquer. Drive through, not side-step, esp. if it's a lesson one has said they want to learn/control of, as it's an issue for them that they've previously recognized in themselves.

I was actually predicting a few punches. (kidding, she'd never raise her hand to me)...but I could have seen her punching something. She didn't...I give her credit for calming down, not for being able to keep going when her pulse is hammering.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

If I had to suggest a change in that scenario, I would say better to give her distance when she asked for it, and address the situation at another time. That's my technique, and it works just as well. IMO you may have caused her unnecessary anguish. It's clear you feel the ends justified the means, though, and I wasn't there and don't know her, so ...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Who is that Anger ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]