• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Anger

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Anger is what happens to me when I don't want to face the ugly truth about myself.. My anger .. which is a result of shame and fear..is always directed outward.. which means it never gets fixed because the source of it is ignored and no accountability is taken..
Round and round we go..

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You may be able to find an applicable use for anger.

But anger- when it comes to myself- is a result of a lack of selfcontrol. Which I don't like.

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
No, it really doens't. If someone had commited a legitimate crime then we have laws, almost everything else is petty squabbles - and not worthy of retaliation.
There are not enough cops around to prevent every transgression. In many cases the risk of retaliation is the only thing that make predators think twice.
I'd put a guess that there will be a gender devide on the answers to this question and also a partciular skew of you blokes 14 - 28 who beleive retribution is useful.
On the contrary, I almost never get angry. I am rarely motivated enough to retaliate against minor transgressions. But my logical side is telling me that I might not doing my share to dissuade the spread of bad behavior.

If I did not have a temper when I was a kid, I think I would have been bullied mercilessly because I was normally so quiet.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
There are not enough cops around to prevent every transgression. In many cases the risk of retaliation is the only thing that make predators think twice.

And when the predators run out of innocent food, they'll eat each other. Angry people die angry.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OP:

NT's tend to be pretty good at suppressing emotions, including anger, if it seems rational to do so.

Other types are not so good at that, and/or can't do it easily.

So they might have some issues to overcome with unrestrained emotion... but we just have flaws in other areas we need to work on (including knowing when it is appropriate and healthy to not restrain emotion).

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you could have given her a minute by disengaging from her when she asked you to. It's very hard to listen when your pulse is hammering. I give her credit that she was able.

Qre:us

I think you could have given her a minute by disengaging from her when she asked you to. It's very hard to listen when your pulse is hammering. I give her credit that she was able.

Yes, it's hard. Is something being 'very hard' necessarily a bad thing?

For me, everything that's hard in life, one shouldn't run from it, or ask to be excused from, but challenge to conquer. Drive through, not side-step, esp. if it's a lesson one has said they want to learn/control of, as it's an issue for them that they've previously recognized in themselves.

I was actually predicting a few punches. (kidding, she'd never raise her hand to me)...but I could have seen her punching something. She didn't...I give her credit for calming down, not for being able to keep going when her pulse is hammering.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I had to suggest a change in that scenario, I would say better to give her distance when she asked for it, and address the situation at another time. That's my technique, and it works just as well. IMO you may have caused her unnecessary anguish. It's clear you feel the ends justified the means, though, and I wasn't there and don't know her, so ...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
If they are friends we could observe their ways and eliminate them both in one swift strike

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
"Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean."
Maya Angelou

It depends on if you're being bitter and difficult or passionately angry, and the situation. Passionate anger is fuel for putting up a good fight; bitterness is fuel for loneliness.

capricorn009

ITA. Jealousy is rarely helpful, the only thing it accomplishes is driving rifts between
relationships, or pushing the person away who's relationships you were trying to sabo-
tage to have them to yourself, and it destroys things like passtimes people enjoy doi-
ng by turning them into competitions that get out of hand. But I guess knowing so
many people like that made me a stronger adult because sometimes simply not partici-
pating in things you don't like isn't enough, you have to stand up to people that get
stuff started or history's going to repeat itself.

ENTJ