User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Anger

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

It's all just emotion.

What matters is that we have the discipline to know how much emotion is necessary.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    An eye for an eye leves both men handicapped, one doesn't have to have retribution in order to balance the situation. Many phylosophies and beleifs look at different ways of dealing with this type of crime agains fellow man.
    Retribution serves a very useful social purpose. If those with antisocial tendencies are not weeded out, they would eventually dominate and cause the society to fall apart.

Anger is a temporary state which allow one to act very aggressively against an oppressor and yet maintain their peaceful nature most of the time.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Retribution serves a very useful social purpose. If those with antisocial tendencies are not weeded out, they would eventually dominate and cause the society to fall apart.
    No, it really doens't. If someone had commited a legitimate crime then we have laws, almost everything else is petty squabbles - and not worthy of retaliation.

I'd put a guess that there will be a gender devide on the answers to this question and also a partciular skew of you blokes 14 - 28 who beleive retribution is useful. Note this demographic group are the highest propotion of criminals. have higher inccidence of accidents etc.... angry young men cause problems, retrubition cause ssociety problems.

Ok snuff from me,

MBTI
    ESFJ

Anger is not conducive at all in my opinion .. Throw raw emotions into the equation and it becomes an absolute mess.

I find that by feeling what i do then putting them feelings to one side so able to look at the situation with a rational mind. I find myself in a better place, i know that i can walk away if i choose
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Anger is not conducive at all in my opinion .. Throw raw emotions into the equation and it becomes an absolute mess.

I find that by feeling what i do then putting them feelings to one side so able to look at the situation with a rational mind. I find myself in a better place, i know that i can walk away if i choose
    Yes. I don't really care if people have anger and hate. I just don't think they should let their emotions dictate their actions. It is not efficient at all.
    The Symbol of the King*The Absolute Does Not Exist*Kingship Will Bring Me Freedom
    5w4-4w5-1w9

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I don't beleive hate has any use what so ever, I think along with Jelousy it is one of the most unhealthy emo...
    Yes. I cannot help but think that the entire thought of "revenge" becomes less and less appealing as it is less logical throughout mental and emotional maturity.
    The Symbol of the King*The Absolute Does Not Exist*Kingship Will Bring Me Freedom
    5w4-4w5-1w9

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Liason View Post
    Yes. I don't really care if people have anger and hate. I just don't think they should let their emotions dictate their actions. It is not efficient at all.
    Lol .. You are so not a feeler .. That's OK. I can only speak for me but it got to a point where there was so much intensity in my emotions that i could probably murder someone. Maybe that is my fault for wearing my heart on my sleeve, people can take advantage easier. I know but i don't even see the manipulation coming until it is to late.

Have you ever been pushed to your limits? When someone is in your face, pushing buttons for a reaction, laughing at you and you are almost ready to snap?

What actually stops you?
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Have you ever been pushed to your limits? When someone is in your face, pushing buttons for a reaction, laughing at you and you are almost ready to snap?

What actually stops you?
    I don't get to that point. I don't care enough about them and what they're saying to get angry like that.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I don't get to that point. I don't care enough about them and what they're saying to get angry like that.
    Is everyone else the same in this regard?

Wow, that is good. Maybe then as the saying goes 'People only treat you the way you allow them to treat you' holds a lot of weight here. Something i should possibly take on board.

Thank you.
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Lol .. You are so not a feeler .. That's OK. I can only speak for me but it got to a point where there was so much intensity in my emotions that i could probably murder someone. Maybe that is my fault for wearing my heart on my sleeve, people can take advantage easier. I know but i don't even see the manipulation coming until it is to late.

What actually stops you?
    Well, I try and go for the most logical action. If they are actually hindering me from getting one of my goals done, then I will stop them, be it physically or verbally. However, if they are pestering me in a way that truly doesn't actually bother me from working on what I am trying to get done, then I will not care.
    5w4-4w5-1w9