• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] intj enneagram types

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i resonate with intj types in a very different way. what is the variety of intj types? the correlations i've seen previously suggest 1, 5, and 8 as the most common along with some 3s, 4s, and 6s. my own experience would suggest 1, 5, and 6 are the primary intj types. does this fit?

i've noticed the humor is drastically different for different enneagram types, altho intjs all seem to have the hardware to detach and realize the humor in the most evil joke.

intjs, what type are you, and what differences do you perceive amongst intjs of different ennea types?

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I scored five when I first took it and scored a seven during mania. Retook and scored a five several weeks ago.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
^ ENTP.

From the one test I took, I got 5w4. (With 8 as a possible second choice, and 1 as a more distant possibility, and I'm like, nooooo, I'm not ENTJ and I'm not ISTJ!)

So these INTJ 3, 4's and 6's, they're not mistyped?

In other news, some suhtisticks I found.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
5w4 the last time I tested.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ ENTP.

From the one test I took, I got 5w4. (With 8 as a possible second choice, and 1 as a more distant possibility, and I'm like, nooooo, I'm not ENTJ and I'm not ISTJ!)

So these INTJ 3, 4's and 6's, they're not mistyped?

In other news, some suhtisticks I found.

I think you may score high in 8 because you are a 5 that is going through integration. 5 goes to 8, you will naturally score high in the type you integrate to I've found.

And yes there are INTJ 4's and 6's, the 4's are awesome. There are also a lot of type 1 INTJs, 1 is pretty much any J. I've never seen any three's though.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
My GOD, stop trying to type me.

Trying?

I think you may score high in 8 because you are a 5 that is going through integration. 5 goes to 8, you will naturally score high in the type you integrate to I've found.

"Integrate to"? What's that? Where some process other than the dominant begins to see more exercise? And an INTJ might score 8 if Te was on the rise, or 1 if Se was doing something (or if he were really ISTJ)?

Just thinking on it a bit, I could see how different people of the same type could show up with different enneagrams by virtue of how or on what they've chosen to focus their type skills.

That the way it works?

And is it healthy?

(The Borg want to know.)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Integrate to"? What's that? Where some process other than the dominant begins to see more exercise? And an INTJ might score 8 if Te was on the rise, or 1 if Se was doing something (or if he were really ISTJ)?

Within the enneagram theory there is integration and disintegration. Integration in a nutshell means that when someone is comfortable in their surroundings or going through personal growth, then they will usually take on the positive traits of another type. For the 5, they integrate into 8.

Disintegration is just the opposite. In a nutshell, when someone is stressed, they will take on the negative traits of another type. For 5, it's type 7 that they disintegrate into.

5 seems like classic INTJ with how the numbers work. You are in Ni land, being a 5, and when you get confident in your surroundings or situation, you unleash the Te (integrate into 8). Then when you're stressed you may do something stupid (Se, disintegrate into 7), make bad choices, not be reliable, run away from your problems, etc.

Just thinking on it a bit, I could see how different people of the same type could show up with different enneagrams by virtue of how or on what they've chosen to focus their type skills.

That the way it works?

And is it healthy?)

Well enneagram doesn't change. The person can't help that they are that type, it's not a choice.

Usehername

On a mission
I've never found a really great match for the Enneagram. I'm probably a 5w6, though I don't self-identify with that nearly as much as MBTI's INTJ.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
5w4, but I identify with the functions more easily.

My father seems like a 1...too controlling for my liking.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am probably 5.

i would not be surprised, you seem to desire completion to all thoughts. you want them to be perfected. like a all-encompassing lust for total understanding (i have this too).

I've never found a really great match for the Enneagram. I'm probably a 5w6, though I don't self-identify with that nearly as much as MBTI's INTJ.

why 5w6? you seem like one of the nicest and most considerate intjs on the forums (in a way that i can't readily imagine in a 5w6, it feels more self-aware at all times rather than purely objective). the extra consideration and lack of abruptness makes you seem really F in comparison to other intjs, yet you seem to have very strong Te methodology to your problem solving. i think i remember you studied rhetoric in school, which i think seems far more focused on holism than pure linearity. i could easily see 5w4, now that i think about it, based on the way i resonate with your thought-processes and the advice you give (which seems very VERY in touch with 4 concerns and quality control issues of self-integration and subjective experience).

is 5 really the most common intj type? should my revised classifications be primarily 5 and 1? what are the differences in 5w4 and 5w6 intjs? how do their functions balance differently? who are the most feely intjs? what do the instinctual subtype stackings do to effect intj expression? (sx would be most direct/intense, sp most wandering, and so most spread out and evenly distributed)

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
5w4 the last time I tested.

sx/sp? you seem very direct to me and intense. i had speculated a 6 or a w6 or perhaps a 1 based on my projections from various threads, but we've rarely been in direct contact. do you strongly identify with the 5w4 write-ups?

i think 1s are very possible for intjs. i know a 1w2 entj as well. do you identify with one of the instinctual sub-type stackings? are there any other types you consider possible for yourself or does it resonate pretty well?

5w4, but I identify with the functions more easily

do you know your instinctual sub-type stacking? what doesn't fit well with you?

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
is 5 really the most common intj type?
Yes.

should my revised classifications be primarily 5 and 1?
More like primarily 5 with an even split between 5w4 and 5w6. INTJs testing 1 or 8 are probably mistyped ENTJs or ISTJs.

what are the differences in 5w4 and 5w6 intjs? how do their functions balance differently? who are the most feely intjs? what do the instinctual subtype stackings do to effect intj expression? (sx would be most direct/intense, sp most wandering, and so most spread out and evenly distributed)
5w4 are more N or balanced T/F, 5w6 are more T or balanced N/S.

Usehername

On a mission
why 5w6? you seem like one of the nicest and most considerate intjs on the forums (in a way that i can't readily imagine in a 5w6, it feels more self-aware at all times rather than purely objective). the extra consideration and lack of abruptness makes you seem really F in comparison to other intjs, yet you seem to have very strong Te methodology to your problem solving. i think i remember you studied rhetoric in school, which i think seems far more focused on holism than pure linearity. i could easily see 5w4, now that i think about it, based on the way i resonate with your thought-processes and the advice you give (which seems very VERY in touch with 4 concerns and quality control issues of self-integration and subjective experience).

Thanks for the compliments--I resonate with and admire your thoughtful posts and I'm glad you're here.

Basically I figured I must be a 5w6 because I felt I was different than most of the INTJs on the forum, and most of them claim to be 5w4. I also don't feel "lost" about my identity as is claimed with some of the 4 descriptors. I do feel distinctly more of a soul-searcher and brooder than the 5w6 descriptions let on. I am far more holistic and webby than linear, but in MBTI terms I can handle both well (Ni is my nature; Te is my well-used toolset).

Also, Uber wrote this:
Enneagram 5w4 is generally associated with artistic interests like the 4, but where the 4w5's artistic interests are more romantic in nature, the 5w4 tends to be more surreal and science fiction oriented, so to speak. In short, the 5w4's artistic interests lack a "human" element. Like the 4, the 5w4 is also fantasy-oriented.

Enneagram 5w6 is the absent-minded professor or intellectual nerd stereotype. They're less interested in individuality like the 5w4, but more into the scientific method. 5w6 is generally linked to science and logical understanding of things. Hence, the 5w6 is more associated with academic pursuits. In addition, the 5w6 often has more interest in fitting into social groups due to 6 influence.

and I feel that while I'm very fantasy oriented, it's also always in the realm of humanistic matters. I would never be the type to dream up Lord or the Rings and make up an entire language, etc. because I'm far more results-driven for ways that will affect others and change them for the better (not that art can't do that, but for me it's not useful enough compared to how I want to change their lives), though my goals nearly always have to do with people and self-development. The people-orientation of 5w6 speaks to me, though I was never one to feel much of any peer pressure.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
i think 1s are very possible for intjs. i know a 1w2 entj as well. do you identify with one of the instinctual sub-type stackings? are there any other types you consider possible for yourself or does it resonate pretty well?

The results as I recorded them were 5w4 sx, with 8 as a close second, and 1 sp as a bizarre third possibility. On reading some descriptions I sort of expected 5 sp because my apparent concern for relationships seems to me to be a relatively new thing in mah journay fru life, but I'm okay with sx. (It's sexy.) I should read up some more and maybe take a test again. (I sort of enjoyed the possibility of being 8 because that seemed righteous and powerful, but that was hubris more than anything.)

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes.

More like primarily 5 with an even split between 5w4 and 5w6. INTJs testing 1 or 8 are probably mistyped ENTJs or ISTJs.

5w4 are more N or balanced T/F, 5w6 are more T or balanced N/S.

entjs are 1s and 8s, assuredly? and istjs are by far most commonly 1s? i know a few 5s and a few 6 istjs as well.

Thanks for the compliments--I resonate with and admire your thoughtful posts and I'm glad you're here.

Basically I figured I must be a 5w6 because I felt I was different than most of the INTJs on the forum, and most of them claim to be 5w4. I also don't feel "lost" about my identity as is claimed with some of the 4 descriptors. I do feel distinctly more of a soul-searcher and brooder than the 5w6 descriptions let on. I am far more holistic and webby than linear, but in MBTI terms I can handle both well (Ni is my nature; Te is my well-used toolset).

and I feel that while I'm very fantasy oriented, it's also always in the realm of humanistic matters. I would never be the type to dream up Lord or the Rings and make up an entire language, etc. because I'm far more results-driven for ways that will affect others and change them for the better (not that art can't do that, but for me it's not useful enough compared to how I want to change their lives), though my goals nearly always have to do with people and self-development. The people-orientation of 5w6 speaks to me, though I was never one to feel much of any peer pressure.

i reject uberfuhrers write-up of 5w4. that might be partially true for intps, and there is definitely more pre-tense in terms of mood creation and atmospherics for 5w4 art than 4w5. 5w4 focuses on externalities and 4w5 focuses more on internalities. when i understand others, i understand the ways in which the external conditions, discourse, and culture structure their thoughts and feelings. it is a different process, i would NEVER start from the character and move upwards. inj 5w4 is like milan kundera or dostoeyevsky, the characters are a product of a milieu and represent positions within culture, within communication (ie gestures), within larger spaces for self-understanding and subjectivated desires.

you could definitely be a 5w6, but to call 6 more social than 4 is a complicated claim. a 5w6 so/sx is probably more social than a 5w4 sp/sx. and w4s probably need more internal processing time to sort out their own desires and understand themselves, whereas w6s would avoid such matters far more so (and just, um, keep on keeping on). 6 is difficult to understand, my view of it is of a defensive kind of posture (hence the skeptic, defender, etc) in which the world is perceived as a hostile threat and the inner vulnerabilities are treated either phobically or counterphobically. and loyalty and safety/security and defending those close to the 6 are the most important thing in the world.

The results as I recorded them were 5w4 sx, with 8 as a close second, and 1 sp as a bizarre third possibility. On reading some descriptions I sort of expected 5 sp because my apparent concern for relationships seems to me to be a relatively new thing in mah journay fru life, but I'm okay with sx. (It's sexy.) I should read up some more and maybe take a test again. (I sort of enjoyed the possibility of being 8 because that seemed righteous and powerful, but that was hubris more than anything.)

i never wanted to be an 8, but i agree about the appeal of hubris. 5w4 IS called the iconoclast. bow down to me, etc.

how old are you and when did you experience this turn?

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm a 4w5 (I think that's how you state it, I'm not well versed in Enneagram) last I tested. 4 just barely edges out 5.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Back when people were submitting items to the questionnaire database, the only two that really stood out were 4's and 5's as F's and T's. (Not surprising) Also, I think the majority of the INxJs were 1's and many, many INTP's were 5's. I'll have to go look it up in the database to give the real percentages.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
do you know your instinctual sub-type stacking? what doesn't fit well with you?

In full:

5w4 head fix (main)
3w2 heart fix (comparatively strong)
9w1 gut fix (IIRC)

so/sp (IIRC, but I'm not convinced about this)

I just never really clicked with it intuitively. Perhaps my understanding of the system is too limited. It has been determined for me more than by me, which activates resistance. Although the assessment seems valid.