User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 41

  1. #11
    Senior Member Uytuun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    nnnn
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    5w4, but I identify with the functions more easily.

    My father seems like a 1...too controlling for my liking.

  2. #12
    Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am probably 5.
    i would not be surprised, you seem to desire completion to all thoughts. you want them to be perfected. like a all-encompassing lust for total understanding (i have this too).

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I've never found a really great match for the Enneagram. I'm probably a 5w6, though I don't self-identify with that nearly as much as MBTI's INTJ.
    why 5w6? you seem like one of the nicest and most considerate intjs on the forums (in a way that i can't readily imagine in a 5w6, it feels more self-aware at all times rather than purely objective). the extra consideration and lack of abruptness makes you seem really F in comparison to other intjs, yet you seem to have very strong Te methodology to your problem solving. i think i remember you studied rhetoric in school, which i think seems far more focused on holism than pure linearity. i could easily see 5w4, now that i think about it, based on the way i resonate with your thought-processes and the advice you give (which seems very VERY in touch with 4 concerns and quality control issues of self-integration and subjective experience).


    is 5 really the most common intj type? should my revised classifications be primarily 5 and 1? what are the differences in 5w4 and 5w6 intjs? how do their functions balance differently? who are the most feely intjs? what do the instinctual subtype stackings do to effect intj expression? (sx would be most direct/intense, sp most wandering, and so most spread out and evenly distributed)

  3. #13
    Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    5w4 the last time I tested.
    sx/sp? you seem very direct to me and intense. i had speculated a 6 or a w6 or perhaps a 1 based on my projections from various threads, but we've rarely been in direct contact. do you strongly identify with the 5w4 write-ups?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    From the one test I took, I got 5w4. (With 8 as a possible second choice, and 1 as a more distant possibility, and I'm like, nooooo, I'm not ENTJ and I'm not ISTJ!)
    i think 1s are very possible for intjs. i know a 1w2 entj as well. do you identify with one of the instinctual sub-type stackings? are there any other types you consider possible for yourself or does it resonate pretty well?

    Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    5w4, but I identify with the functions more easily
    do you know your instinctual sub-type stacking? what doesn't fit well with you?

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    is 5 really the most common intj type?
    Yes.

    should my revised classifications be primarily 5 and 1?
    More like primarily 5 with an even split between 5w4 and 5w6. INTJs testing 1 or 8 are probably mistyped ENTJs or ISTJs.

    what are the differences in 5w4 and 5w6 intjs? how do their functions balance differently? who are the most feely intjs? what do the instinctual subtype stackings do to effect intj expression? (sx would be most direct/intense, sp most wandering, and so most spread out and evenly distributed)
    5w4 are more N or balanced T/F, 5w6 are more T or balanced N/S.

  5. #15
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    why 5w6? you seem like one of the nicest and most considerate intjs on the forums (in a way that i can't readily imagine in a 5w6, it feels more self-aware at all times rather than purely objective). the extra consideration and lack of abruptness makes you seem really F in comparison to other intjs, yet you seem to have very strong Te methodology to your problem solving. i think i remember you studied rhetoric in school, which i think seems far more focused on holism than pure linearity. i could easily see 5w4, now that i think about it, based on the way i resonate with your thought-processes and the advice you give (which seems very VERY in touch with 4 concerns and quality control issues of self-integration and subjective experience).
    Thanks for the compliments--I resonate with and admire your thoughtful posts and I'm glad you're here.

    Basically I figured I must be a 5w6 because I felt I was different than most of the INTJs on the forum, and most of them claim to be 5w4. I also don't feel "lost" about my identity as is claimed with some of the 4 descriptors. I do feel distinctly more of a soul-searcher and brooder than the 5w6 descriptions let on. I am far more holistic and webby than linear, but in MBTI terms I can handle both well (Ni is my nature; Te is my well-used toolset).

    Also, Uber wrote this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Enneagram 5w4 is generally associated with artistic interests like the 4, but where the 4w5's artistic interests are more romantic in nature, the 5w4 tends to be more surreal and science fiction oriented, so to speak. In short, the 5w4's artistic interests lack a "human" element. Like the 4, the 5w4 is also fantasy-oriented.

    Enneagram 5w6 is the absent-minded professor or intellectual nerd stereotype. They're less interested in individuality like the 5w4, but more into the scientific method. 5w6 is generally linked to science and logical understanding of things. Hence, the 5w6 is more associated with academic pursuits. In addition, the 5w6 often has more interest in fitting into social groups due to 6 influence.
    and I feel that while I'm very fantasy oriented, it's also always in the realm of humanistic matters. I would never be the type to dream up Lord or the Rings and make up an entire language, etc. because I'm far more results-driven for ways that will affect others and change them for the better (not that art can't do that, but for me it's not useful enough compared to how I want to change their lives), though my goals nearly always have to do with people and self-development. The people-orientation of 5w6 speaks to me, though I was never one to feel much of any peer pressure.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  6. #16
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i think 1s are very possible for intjs. i know a 1w2 entj as well. do you identify with one of the instinctual sub-type stackings? are there any other types you consider possible for yourself or does it resonate pretty well?
    The results as I recorded them were 5w4 sx, with 8 as a close second, and 1 sp as a bizarre third possibility. On reading some descriptions I sort of expected 5 sp because my apparent concern for relationships seems to me to be a relatively new thing in mah journay fru life, but I'm okay with sx. (It's sexy.) I should read up some more and maybe take a test again. (I sort of enjoyed the possibility of being 8 because that seemed righteous and powerful, but that was hubris more than anything.)
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

    Boy meets Grr

  7. #17
    Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Yes.

    More like primarily 5 with an even split between 5w4 and 5w6. INTJs testing 1 or 8 are probably mistyped ENTJs or ISTJs.

    5w4 are more N or balanced T/F, 5w6 are more T or balanced N/S.
    entjs are 1s and 8s, assuredly? and istjs are by far most commonly 1s? i know a few 5s and a few 6 istjs as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Thanks for the compliments--I resonate with and admire your thoughtful posts and I'm glad you're here.

    Basically I figured I must be a 5w6 because I felt I was different than most of the INTJs on the forum, and most of them claim to be 5w4. I also don't feel "lost" about my identity as is claimed with some of the 4 descriptors. I do feel distinctly more of a soul-searcher and brooder than the 5w6 descriptions let on. I am far more holistic and webby than linear, but in MBTI terms I can handle both well (Ni is my nature; Te is my well-used toolset).

    and I feel that while I'm very fantasy oriented, it's also always in the realm of humanistic matters. I would never be the type to dream up Lord or the Rings and make up an entire language, etc. because I'm far more results-driven for ways that will affect others and change them for the better (not that art can't do that, but for me it's not useful enough compared to how I want to change their lives), though my goals nearly always have to do with people and self-development. The people-orientation of 5w6 speaks to me, though I was never one to feel much of any peer pressure.
    i reject uberfuhrers write-up of 5w4. that might be partially true for intps, and there is definitely more pre-tense in terms of mood creation and atmospherics for 5w4 art than 4w5. 5w4 focuses on externalities and 4w5 focuses more on internalities. when i understand others, i understand the ways in which the external conditions, discourse, and culture structure their thoughts and feelings. it is a different process, i would NEVER start from the character and move upwards. inj 5w4 is like milan kundera or dostoeyevsky, the characters are a product of a milieu and represent positions within culture, within communication (ie gestures), within larger spaces for self-understanding and subjectivated desires.

    you could definitely be a 5w6, but to call 6 more social than 4 is a complicated claim. a 5w6 so/sx is probably more social than a 5w4 sp/sx. and w4s probably need more internal processing time to sort out their own desires and understand themselves, whereas w6s would avoid such matters far more so (and just, um, keep on keeping on). 6 is difficult to understand, my view of it is of a defensive kind of posture (hence the skeptic, defender, etc) in which the world is perceived as a hostile threat and the inner vulnerabilities are treated either phobically or counterphobically. and loyalty and safety/security and defending those close to the 6 are the most important thing in the world.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    The results as I recorded them were 5w4 sx, with 8 as a close second, and 1 sp as a bizarre third possibility. On reading some descriptions I sort of expected 5 sp because my apparent concern for relationships seems to me to be a relatively new thing in mah journay fru life, but I'm okay with sx. (It's sexy.) I should read up some more and maybe take a test again. (I sort of enjoyed the possibility of being 8 because that seemed righteous and powerful, but that was hubris more than anything.)
    i never wanted to be an 8, but i agree about the appeal of hubris. 5w4 IS called the iconoclast. bow down to me, etc.

    how old are you and when did you experience this turn?

  8. #18
    Black Magic Buzzard Kra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    912

    Default

    I'm a 4w5 (I think that's how you state it, I'm not well versed in Enneagram) last I tested. 4 just barely edges out 5.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

  9. #19
    Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Back when people were submitting items to the questionnaire database, the only two that really stood out were 4's and 5's as F's and T's. (Not surprising) Also, I think the majority of the INxJs were 1's and many, many INTP's were 5's. I'll have to go look it up in the database to give the real percentages.
    Embrace the possibilities.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Uytuun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    nnnn
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post


    do you know your instinctual sub-type stacking? what doesn't fit well with you?
    In full:

    5w4 head fix (main)
    3w2 heart fix (comparatively strong)
    9w1 gut fix (IIRC)

    so/sp (IIRC, but I'm not convinced about this)

    I just never really clicked with it intuitively. Perhaps my understanding of the system is too limited. It has been determined for me more than by me, which activates resistance. Although the assessment seems valid.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] How Common Is INTJ Enneagram 6
    By highlander in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-05-2015, 10:31 PM
  2. [INTJ] INTJ personality type descritpion
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Myers-Briggs Type Profiles
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06-03-2015, 02:29 PM
  3. [INTJ] INTJs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?
    By Zarathustra in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-24-2012, 01:35 PM
  4. [INTJ] INTJ Enneagram 1 vs 5 vs 8
    By highlander in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 06:44 PM
  5. [INTJ] Question for INTJs enneagram 4-5-9
    By Malcontent in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2010, 01:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO