User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default Try too Hard to Play and Become Played

Has anyone else been through this? I'm seeing life as a system- one that everyone is caught up in. But after a while of trying to play "the system," I find myself being played instead.

What a bitch.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

Your need to play has made you vulnerable. I've had that happen.

MBTI
    ENTP

I was going to pull the whole "don't hate the player, hate the game" ...
    But in referring to "playing the system" do you mean trying to "cheat the system/beat the man", or simply put a large deal of effort in life.

Regardless, too much effort in either idea will inevitably cause burnout. Its all about finding the balance.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by TheLazyAnarchist View Post
    But in referring to "playing the system" do you mean trying to "cheat the system/beat the man", or simply put a large deal of effort in life.
    A little bit of both, I think. I had an occurrence where I thought I could solve people's problems by analyzing their personal situation and seeing the overlaying system. I tried to "cheat it" by getting myself involved, but I ended up frustrated, and asked myself, "Wait- did the game just play me?"

I think this is one of the reasons I can't take a lot of things in life so seriously; people tend to get caught up in these systems or "games" of life. I feel like an observer of it all- completely uninvolved. After studying it for a while, I'll feel comfortable enough to be play, but just as long as I keep in mind that it's just a game.

Regardless, too much effort in either idea will inevitably cause burnout. Its all about finding the balance.
    Agreed.
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    ENTP

I had an occurrence where I thought I could solve people's problems by analyzing their personal situation and seeing the overlaying system. I tried to "cheat it" by getting myself involved, but I ended up frustrated, and asked myself, "Wait- did the game just play me?"
    Yes. I am very familiar with that. A few years back I came to be aware that I had very few problems of my own, and yet I felt compelled to use my logic to help other peoples problems. In a sense, that isn't really "playing the game", its more or less feeding it or trying to fix it. What I noticed is that it usually doesn't have good payoff? Why? Because your not part of it/not being active in life, thus getting no rewards. But you get no problems usually either. Take it or leave it.

In regards to fitting in. We all have to do it. If we are not active in life, we become an island...and get none of the benefits. As I stated earlier: Play the game...but being an ENTP (not sure what you are) I take pride in knowing the short-cuts. Learn how to cheat and learn when to hold back. Reap the rewards, not the bullshit =]

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

you need to know how to play and this wont happen
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP

I really, really want to speak my mind. But I can't, for your sake. %$#%$# %$@%$@#!!! I hold back a lot already.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    you need to know how to play and this wont happen
    Did you say something? Or was that just somebody throwing shit at my window?
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by fill View Post
    Did you say something? Or was that just somebody throwing shit at my window?
    i was yelling at you while throwing shit at your window
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTP

I used to have a cenile/89 year old neighbour who did the same thing for a few years, untill they took her away. But hey, atleast he is throwing constructive shit

And a second note. I thought we were better at helping each other out than this lol.