• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Try too Hard to Play and Become Played

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Has anyone else been through this? I'm seeing life as a system- one that everyone is caught up in. But after a while of trying to play "the system," I find myself being played instead.

What a bitch.

wolfy

awsm
Your need to play has made you vulnerable. I've had that happen.

TheLazyAnarchist

MBTI Type
ENTP
I was going to pull the whole "don't hate the player, hate the game" ...
But in referring to "playing the system" do you mean trying to "cheat the system/beat the man", or simply put a large deal of effort in life.

Regardless, too much effort in either idea will inevitably cause burnout. Its all about finding the balance.

fill

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
But in referring to "playing the system" do you mean trying to "cheat the system/beat the man", or simply put a large deal of effort in life.

A little bit of both, I think. I had an occurrence where I thought I could solve people's problems by analyzing their personal situation and seeing the overlaying system. I tried to "cheat it" by getting myself involved, but I ended up frustrated, and asked myself, "Wait- did the game just play me?"

I think this is one of the reasons I can't take a lot of things in life so seriously; people tend to get caught up in these systems or "games" of life. I feel like an observer of it all- completely uninvolved. After studying it for a while, I'll feel comfortable enough to be play, but just as long as I keep in mind that it's just a game.

Regardless, too much effort in either idea will inevitably cause burnout. Its all about finding the balance.

Agreed.

TheLazyAnarchist

MBTI Type
ENTP
I had an occurrence where I thought I could solve people's problems by analyzing their personal situation and seeing the overlaying system. I tried to "cheat it" by getting myself involved, but I ended up frustrated, and asked myself, "Wait- did the game just play me?"

Yes. I am very familiar with that. A few years back I came to be aware that I had very few problems of my own, and yet I felt compelled to use my logic to help other peoples problems. In a sense, that isn't really "playing the game", its more or less feeding it or trying to fix it. What I noticed is that it usually doesn't have good payoff? Why? Because your not part of it/not being active in life, thus getting no rewards. But you get no problems usually either. Take it or leave it.

In regards to fitting in. We all have to do it. If we are not active in life, we become an island...and get none of the benefits. As I stated earlier: Play the game...but being an ENTP (not sure what you are) I take pride in knowing the short-cuts. Learn how to cheat and learn when to hold back. Reap the rewards, not the bullshit =]

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
you need to know how to play and this wont happen

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
I really, really want to speak my mind. But I can't, for your sake. %$#%$# :azdaja: %$@%$@#!!! I hold back a lot already.

fill

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
you need to know how to play and this wont happen

Did you say something? Or was that just somebody throwing shit at my window?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Did you say something? Or was that just somebody throwing shit at my window?

i was yelling at you while throwing shit at your window :D

TheLazyAnarchist

MBTI Type
ENTP
I used to have a cenile/89 year old neighbour who did the same thing for a few years, untill they took her away. But hey, atleast he is throwing constructive shit :D

And a second note. I thought we were better at helping each other out than this lol.

fill

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I used to have a cenile/89 year old neighbour who did the same thing for a few years, untill they took her away. But hey, atleast he is throwing constructive shit :D

And a second note. I thought we were better at helping each other out than this lol.

Ahaha. Good stuff. INTP was pointing out the obvious, so I was giving him a hard time for it. :tongue:

TheLazyAnarchist

MBTI Type
ENTP
I know :laugh: That's why I was saying that the senile neighbor was at least throwing "constructive shit". I was serious about the help part though.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Has anyone else been through this? I'm seeing life as a system- one that everyone is caught up in. But after a while of trying to play "the system," I find myself being played instead.

What a bitch.

I do understand.

The only solution I came up with is: differentiate. For example dont be a play with people you like, let them play with you that will always put you in the position of the relieable guy that one can count on and play with people you dont like, play as long as you can and than hope for backup.

It's a lie the most fundamental one but it is what I am.

Only thing to keep you going will be one day the bond to one person only of which you can say "At the end we both stand alone"

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5seW6_Y76A"].[/YOUTUBE]