User Tag List

First 567

I remember when I was pretty young there was this place called Club Disney, its kind of like Chuck E Cheese except not. There was this room where every week they had a new theme. I had gone with a friend to the room thinking it would still be the cool wizard laboratory. Instead it was some Lego display, nice neat intricate Lego sculptures everywhere. My friend and I destroyed them and then blamed some shadier looking boys(who were probably nice kids). I remember sort of being angry that the wizard laboratory place had gone away, but I really just destroyed those Lego sculptures because it seemed like an excellent idea at the time.
    "... generalities are intellectually necessary evils. Not philosophers, but fret-sawyers and stamp collectors compose the backbone of society."

MBTI
    ENTP

Typically I destroyed things frequently. I also had the precarious habit of chasing my cat around and trying to pull its tail, constantly. This typically led to a mess of the house and my mom getting mad. It was like an addiction, I couldn't stop.
    If you were to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?

Having said all I did earlier in the thread, I've got to admit that there is something illicitly satisfying and exhiliarating about wanton, total destruction.

I say that because I've indulged in it a few times, in fits of anger mostly, but also when not at all angry - just from pure excess of pent-up energy. I once completely trashed a room out of just sheer bottled-up-ness, and it felt FANTASTIC.

Only on my own stuff/place/belongings, mind you. And I was alone, so I wasn't scaring the shit out of anyone. Sometimes the constant habit of bottling up, controlling and restraining emotions, coupled with the strong need to externalise, added then to a total unavailability of any positive/legal avenue of expression... well, it has to go somewhere.

But I won't deny that, when I hear people bemoaning the "mindlessness" of general street vandalism, I can't help but think there must be something wrong with those people if they honestly can't imagine getting any satisfaction at all - even whilst being ashamed of it - from just really letting loose and smashing shit up.

I'm sure we all feel the urge, though most of us restrain it, most of the time
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    As children, were you nearly incapable of respecting the goods and property of others? Did you improve? Ever?

I'm currently trying to decide whether I should just go ahead and start a bail fund for my child. It's a good thing this kid is so freaking brilliant...perhaps developing into something insanely famous, so as to repay me for all my trouble? Seriously. Experiements involving deodorant, paper, chewing gum and her sibling's hair? So well-intentioned. And so diabolic.

But, really...all exasperation and exaggeration aside, what were you like as children? (fwiw, I actually like my kiddo quite a lot. )
    I took apart the baby grand piano just to see how it works for myself. All that talk of little hammers...

I was pretty destructive, partly out of clumsiness and partly out of curiosity. I just want to know how everything works. I used to sneak into my mom's closet and just systematically take everything apart. I remember spending hours fucking with her strange sundial. The words sunday through saturday were clearly written on this round thing but I didn't get how it was supposed to tell both the time and the day. Then one day this strange thing disappeared. It was until 9 months later when my sis was born that I saw it again. So I started fucking with it again until my mom caught me and punished me severely. She just didn't understand.

I spent my entire 3rd grade year trying to pop out everyone's eyeballs. Even my own. I was obsessed.

Even now, whenever my bf cooks and presents a meal, my fingers go directly into his plate to smoosh it up and see what's inside. He doesn't like that very much. It's a compulsive need to see what will happen, see what it will feel like, see how it works. I never mean to break anything. I want to understand it and make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post

Even now, whenever my bf cooks and presents a meal, my fingers go directly into his plate to smoosh it up and see what's inside. He doesn't like that very much. It's a compulsive need to see what will happen, see what it will feel like, see how it works. I never mean to break anything. I want to understand it and make it better.
    I think it was Gandalf who said "To break a thing in order to understand it is to leave the path of wisdom."
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    I think it was Gandalf who said "To break a thing in order to understand it is to leave the path of wisdom."
    gandalf could have solved that problem by buying two.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ENTp

haha this is an amazing thread. ive destroyed many cars not hand braked by pushing them into open ditches/drains at age 6! one sky blue light weight car was my favourite. :workout:

destroyed gardens by getting a gang of friends and peeing all over at age 3-5

throwing off my entire toybox 1 toy at a time to see how far i could throw it along with my friends from 1st floor apartment.

tried to cross the entire house without stepping on the floor even once. well that destroyed many furniture items when my gang of friends followed

ive also climbed over into other peoples home and shouted at teenagers that they have a gf/bf while they were having meals at age 5

sometimes with a friend otherwise alone ive gone about smashing stones into glass windows, ah but i knew that would get fixed for free being government apartments at age 6-7

interestingly ive also looked like a serious and very good kid, very thoughtful and dreamy, never acting bad in front of my teachers, even shedding a tear to prove my sensitivity. my teachers still recall how quiet and studious i was!

however little do they know what i was upto!
    Type 8 sx/sp/so
    O:C:E:A:N :: 65:69:59:57:9