User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    eNTP

Ohh Katsuni, you just described my entire childhood, right down to the open parenting book...
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments. He concluded that There is more than one way of doing good science.
    It was Watsons form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA. It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I destroyed things, and turned things into weapons, and used those weapons to destroy things.

All in all, I was pretty destructive...but inventive about it. And I liked to run around in war paint. Who doesn't like that?
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

I used to smash all the toys I would get from happy meals (and my brother's) and then glue all of the weird little parts I found inside to each other. I also used to move all of the contents of my room out into another room and then hide in the middle of the pile, drove my parents nuts. I once decided to build carnival rides out of some chairs, a large shovel, rope and some other not so safe objects. My brother got to test them.
    "... generalities are intellectually necessary evils. Not philosophers, but fret-sawyers and stamp collectors compose the backbone of society."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Are you sure you're an ENTP?
    Yeah I'm sure! I just think of money in terms of tenners (10). It works brilliantly. Cause I know If I take out 10 so i can buy a McDonalds for 4 then the other 6 will disappear on cookies! or Pepsi! or other things with sugar! So I kind of plan with my lack of self control in mind! Try it! Think in terms of tenners!

Oh and I try to never ever pay by card! Thats a route to skintness! and no money means no sugar mean boredom!!!!!
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    entp

i dont really remember most of the stuff i got into although my mom does have a few stories and i remember i LOVED summer vacations...that was the only time when i cuold do stuff my way...have access to all my toys and the everything in my mom's kitchen and everything in the storage room...also cuz there would be times when my mom would be busy and i could get into my dad's closets...that always had the most interesting stuff

i remember trying to come up with a sweet recipe to make huge bubbles...except pretty soon that turned into the quest to make the invisibility potion....god damn i miss being a kid

MBTI
    entp

when it comes to dealing with entp kids, reason works the best. threats and statements will get you absolutely nowhere...in fact, doing so you just might be laying the foundation for future relationship discontentments.

if you want the kid to get in the car, do not be like "get in the car"
    be like...we are going to the school and the car is going to get us there; we should get on it.

do not tell the entp kid to say sorry to others, tell him to make things right cuz he made the other kid feel bad. one of doing this is saying sorry

i say this from my experience with my parents and also cuz im living with a 5yr old possible ENTP right now.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTbneJ-ydEI"]xD[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

let's see. first you ask if i destroyed things. taking that to mean, "ever", then oh god yes. then you asked if i stopped. taking that to mean, "now", oh god no.

the first thing i remember 'destroying' was my grandmother's bird. i was three. she was pretty pissed.

the latest thing i 'destroyed' was let's see, it's around 11:00am now, so noooothing yet, but yesterday, i destroyed my front door. and, by destroy, i mean i made it better in my eyes, but the landlord may not see it that way.

therefore, no, i haven't stopped, just gotten better at picking/choosing what i destroy fix and, of course, creating/improving, since i've had a lot of trial and error experience.

my sister has a lot of bad (and good!) memories concerning her hair. and, one tragic one that involved her eyebrows on picture day. but, i had great intentions at heart, i swear. maybe not towards her personally, but had it worked perfectly, i'd have been delighted at having discovered something new for the world at large and at her being the first benefactor of that improvement.

the world is my laboratory.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    let's see. first you ask if i destroyed things. taking that to mean, "ever", then oh god yes. then you asked if i stopped. taking that to mean, "now", oh god no.

the first thing i remember 'destroying' was my grandmother's bird. i was three. she was pretty pissed.

the latest thing i 'destroyed' was let's see, it's around 11:00am now, so noooothing yet, but yesterday, i destroyed my front door. and, by destroy, i mean i made it better in my eyes, but the landlord may not see it that way.

therefore, no, i haven't stopped, just gotten better at picking/choosing what i destroy fix and, of course, creating/improving, since i've had a lot of trial and error experience.

my sister has a lot of bad (and good!) memories concerning her hair. and, one tragic one that involved her eyebrows on picture day. but, i had great intentions at heart, i swear. maybe not towards her personally, but had it worked perfectly, i'd have been delighted at having discovered something new for the world at large and at her being the first benefactor of that improvement.

the world is my laboratory.
    Yeah I relate to this a bit better - the sort of consensual destruction you mention like your sister's hair and stuff like that... yeah, I did that sorta thing too, and to an extent, still do. You might've made a mess of her hair, but she had to let you do it

I might persuade someone to permit me to take and experiment on/possibly break something of theirs, though not in a dishonest way - I don't try to pretend there aren't risks involved. And my sister had some far out haircuts in her time, as did the dog... as did I... though the pay-off is that eventually I worked it out and now I can cut hair pretty well, so my family and friends never have to pay for haircuts

But the whole "take other people's stuff without asking, break it for the sheer hell of it without any thought, regard or respect for their feelings/property" thing... nope, I don't think that was ever in me.
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    Yeah I relate to this a bit better - the sort of consensual destruction you mention like your sister's hair and stuff like that... yeah, I did that sorta thing too, and to an extent, still do. You might've made a mess of her hair, but she had to let you do it

I might persuade someone to permit me to take and experiment on/possibly break something of theirs, though not in a dishonest way - I don't try to pretend there aren't risks involved. And my sister had some far out haircuts in her time, as did the dog... as did I... though the pay-off is that eventually I worked it out and now I can cut hair pretty well, so my family and friends never have to pay for haircuts

But the whole "take other people's stuff without asking, break it for the sheer hell of it" thing... nope, I don't think that was ever in me.
    yeah, continuing with that one example, i convinced her first, but i'd have dropped it had she not agreed. then i'd have proceeded to annihilate my own hair. one way or another, i'd find out.

what the hell does stealing and destroying other's things 'just for the hell of it' have to do with being any type? sounds like a different kind of personality issue.

the whole point of the 'destroying' is to build up, to make a system/or whatever, better. otherwise, it's not scientific and with purpose. it's just a waste.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery