Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    LOL what thinking is the common denominator? LOL ROFLMAO.....

I don't know why but I found that really funny...

If you are into thinking - have a go at "the Art of looking sideways" which is oober thought provoking book which is like a scrap book, there is a whole bit about thinking, thoughts etc....
    NTP vs. STP

No. I made them better.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    LOL what thinking is the common denominator? LOL ROFLMAO.....
    Agree, I still see life as a series of experiments. I thought this insanity was all Ne's doing. I got into helping my father(INTP) fix his bike the other week and managed to convince him to use a hammer and chisel on it (long story, but it worked). I've also dismantled every computer I've owned (notebooks included). Got myself in trouble heaps when I was younger testing things (ISTP sister made for a crazy combo). I fixed condensation inside my camera lens when I was travelling using the lid off a Berocca tube and a black plastic bag in the sun. ISTPs do this stuff too, but the stuff mentioned seems very Ne. It's that crazy urge to test and understand everything.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    As children, were you nearly incapable of respecting the goods and property of others? Did you improve? Ever?

I'm currently trying to decide whether I should just go ahead and start a bail fund for my child. It's a good thing this kid is so freaking brilliant...perhaps developing into something insanely famous, so as to repay me for all my trouble? Seriously. Experiements involving deodorant, paper, chewing gum and her sibling's hair? So well-intentioned. And so diabolic.

But, really...all exasperation and exaggeration aside, what were you like as children? (fwiw, I actually like my kiddo quite a lot. )
    When I was in preschool I used to be fascinated by bending silverware. By the fact that I could and by the fact that the metal heated up when I would bend it back and forth. It would get so hot that I could barely hold it. One day I broke a spoon in half while eating a bowl of chocolate pudding. They sent it home with me in a letter sized envelope that said "$2" so my parents would pay for it. I was so scared they would be mad.

Later on I held a stereo magnet against our television because it made a rainbow as it affected the electron beam. It left a green hue on our television for a few hours. I was terrified my father would see it.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP

I've never destroyed things accidentally by doing experiments.
    I did do experiments, but they didn't destroy things.
    I destroyed things on purpose, trying to manipulate my parents. Those objects were almost always things I made myself - tearing a drawing I made in two or something. The destroying part of it worked, the manipulation part of it didn't work... They were just mad at me then. (And rightly, of course.)

Magnets and television: I did the experiment in my lesson about the Lorentz force! And I will do it again, as the experiment and the lesson had been a great success.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

In my experience, everyone destroys things, only few repair (or attempt to repair) that which they destroyed.

Go ENTP's!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I was more a rule breaker and bender than destructive, but when I was destructive, it was usually not intentional. When it was intentional, it was bad.

Like the time I got thoroughly and utterly seeing-red pissed off working on my car (1976 Pinto wagon, pumpkin orange...aka "The Sled"). Was replacing the front seal on the transmission, and lined up the flywheel incorrectly...5 times in a row. I got so made the last time that I got up from under the car and started kicking it. I smashed in the front left fender...I was so loud yelling and screaming and beating the shit out of my car, that neighbor from DOWN THE STREET were coming outside to see what was going on.

It was a good thing I didn't have anything heavier than a ratchet/socket, because I would have destroyed my car.

About the only thing I do anymore is launch the cordless phone into the concrete when either it won't answer/hang up when I push the appropriate button. We've had to buy 2 new sets since moving into the house, but the last time was about 5 years ago.

It doesn't matter how ingenious or brilliant a child is, they still MUST learn to respect boundaries and other people's rights.

I borrowed it, often unauthorised, but I wouldn't have dared to give it back in anything other than the condition in which I found it. Because if I hadn't, my dad would have whipped me into the middle of next week. He was an ISTP, by the way.

One of my children is also an ENTP. I take the same approach to her as my Dad did towards me. Consequently, she plays and experiments with her own stuff, but if she wants to use anybody else's stuff, she asks first, because she knows there will be consequences otherwise.

Being creative is not a licence to be a selfish, obnoxious jerk - NOTHING is an excuse to be an obnoxious jerk, however cute and amusing your mother finds you. This is something I've always believed was imperative to instill into my kids. Tolerating such behaviour simply teaches a kid: you're BETTER than other people, so you can treat them as mere objects, and they and all they possess is simply there for your benefit.
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    It doesn't matter how ingenious or brilliant a child is, they still MUST learn to respect boundaries and other people's rights.

I borrowed it, often unauthorised, but I wouldn't have dared to give it back in anything other than the condition in which I found it. Because if I hadn't, my dad would have whipped me into the middle of next week. He was an ISTP, by the way.

One of my children is also an ENTP. I take the same approach to her as my Dad did towards me. Consequently, she plays and experiments with her own stuff, but if she wants to use anybody else's stuff, she asks first, because she knows there will be consequences otherwise.

Being creative is not a licence to be a selfish, obnoxious jerk - NOTHING is an excuse to be an obnoxious jerk, however cute and amusing your mother finds you. This is something I've always believed was imperative to instill into my kids. Tolerating such behaviour simply teaches a kid: you're BETTER than other people, so you can treat them as mere objects, and they and all they possess is simply there for your benefit.
    +1000.

In hindsight, I was lucky that beyond my 'nature', my nurture (parents, esp) taught me about rights of self and others. And, with that, respect.

If coupled with appeal to reason more than mere, "Do not do that."

..It'd be a perfect combo for the ENTP kiddo.

I was shown early on that I would have a limited number of "stuff" so my curiosity will need to be tempered with my greater curiosity for results. There was no luxury of 'practice makes perfect' for me. So, I learned when and how to twiddle with stuff, rather than just treat the world as my personal buffet, barring others. I'm thankful for this lesson from my parents.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

*cough* choleric *cough*
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]