User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default A very angry ENTJ

ENTJ's, what's going on in your thought process when you are extremely angry at someone for something they did. If you feel they have wronged you, blatantly disrespected you and/or your territory/turf/loved ones, or they're just being irresponsible and trying your patience week after week on a project, and it begins to get nasty (words exchanged, etc) what is your reaction and how do you handle it?

I'm witnessing an ENTJ and his competitive streak. Even though he may be in the right about how things have gone down with the other party, he just won't let it go. He's looking for vengeance, he's out for blood so to speak, and he's just got this mindset that he's going to nail these guys for what they've done and they will know to never mess with him again. It's like he's toying with them, getting all his ducks in a row, and ready to go to war.

I respect the NT in the guy. Good business man. Smart, creative, aggressive, but through this whole thing I'm losing respect for him. It's just getting kind of silly to watch him be so consumed with this day in and day out. While he maintains that he is keeping his head on straight, I can't help but notice that he seems to be going from "let's work this out reasonably" to "I'm taking you down and you're not going to enjoy this ride!" From respected business man to 35-year old who is going to crush you because you made fun of him once when you were teenagers."

As a casual observer to this whole situation, I really wanted to see my fellow NT handle it with professionalism. And he did, to a point - and then it all just flew out the window. Thoughts?

MBTI
    ISTP

Interesting. Can't help, but will be watching this thread.

MBTI
    YaYa

ARen't all xNTJ angry?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    ARen't all xNTJ angry?
    Agreed.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    ENTP

hard work, I've been workign shoulder to shoulder with one of them for 3.5 years. There are difficulties but pleanty of good times and stimulating conversation.

The manipulated - i've got an agenda is a pain in the ass but there is great loyalty and opportunitites to do amazing things.

One things pointing out, i've yet to meet a perfect person... so I'm thinking there is downsides to dealing with anyone

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

The obvious solution is to act like the sly and overly intelligent INTP that you are an employ tactics that will help you rise above him in the company while making him believe you are his closest partner. Then, when he is out of the picture or below you in position, he wont be as much of a pain/threat. And if at that point he tries to raise a row, you can just eject him from the company yourself (if that position carries such power), and let him mull over the reality of having to deal with his own sort of methods thrown back at him.

Or at least that's what I'd do. Heartless bastard.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    lick

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    ENTJ's, what's going on in your thought process when you are extremely angry at someone for something they did. If you feel they have wronged you, blatantly disrespected you and/or your territory/turf/loved ones, or they're just being irresponsible and trying your patience week after week on a project, and it begins to get nasty (words exchanged, etc) what is your reaction and how do you handle it?

I'm witnessing an ENTJ and his competitive streak. Even though he may be in the right about how things have gone down with the other party, he just won't let it go. He's looking for vengeance, he's out for blood so to speak, and he's just got this mindset that he's going to nail these guys for what they've done and they will know to never mess with him again. It's like he's toying with them, getting all his ducks in a row, and ready to go to war.

I respect the NT in the guy. Good business man. Smart, creative, aggressive, but through this whole thing I'm losing respect for him. It's just getting kind of silly to watch him be so consumed with this day in and day out. While he maintains that he is keeping his head on straight, I can't help but notice that he seems to be going from "let's work this out reasonably" to "I'm taking you down and you're not going to enjoy this ride!" From respected business man to 35-year old who is going to crush you because you made fun of him once when you were teenagers."

As a casual observer to this whole situation, I really wanted to see my fellow NT handle it with professionalism. And he did, to a point - and then it all just flew out the window. Thoughts?
    ENTJ's have a strong need to 'stomp' on people who have either insulted/belittled them and/or wasted their time. We are highly competitive and hate when people make attempts to bring us down in any way. Actually, we REALLY hate it. We will become spiteful and feel the strong need to 'put people under our boot- then apply pressure'... much like the ENTP needs to 'one up' people. Whats going through our head is ''____ person is bothering me by doing/saying _____ AND they are in no position to be doing so, therefore with my intense ability to notice people's flaws and errors I will make them pay....within reason''. Most ENTJ's know when to draw the line so it doesn't affect their overall work. Just sit back and watch the fireworks...

edit: The work shouldn't suffer unless he's an unhealthy ENTJ

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Silencio View Post
    Most ENTJ's know when to draw the line and don't let it affect their overall work though.
    What about their social life?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    lick

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    What about their social life?
    Socially a healthy ENTJ should be able to know which areas are not OK to pick at, even if they've been insulted in a serious way. For the most part an ENTJ will get mad and come up with ideas on how to 'get back' at someone but usually the only thing that occurs is a drop in respect towards the person who 'crossed a line'. However, this only applies towards good friends. If anyone else tries to insult the ENTJ, they will be very quick to reply with an equal or greater insult... usually delivered very quickly and accurately. This is mainly because the ENTJ can use their NT to quickly notice the faults in other people and their EJ drives them to make sure the other person regrets bringing up conflict.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    The manipulated - i've got an agenda is a pain in the ass but there is great loyalty and opportunitites to do amazing things.
    It's worth noting that I've seen this side of the ENTJ as well. Like I mentioned, very creative and someone you generally would want on your team.

One things pointing out, i've yet to meet a perfect person... so I'm thinking there is downsides to dealing with anyone
    Of course. That's a given. I'm just trying to better understand ENTJ's for my own insight and future dealings.