User Tag List

First 12

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

ENTJs are highly vulnerable at the core. When someone assaults our inferior Fi by getting away with something that is simply unjust to us, we turn to Te to help us retaliate. With professional situations, Te can often be of no use, and so we become completely powerless and miserable and this makes us more angry.

One thing that works for me is when people (especially people I consider to be really wise and perceptive *cough*INTPs*), analyze the situation with me and show me how they agree with me about how unfair it is but also demonstrate to me that doing something about it will not be helpful.

Try to push him out of hyperactive Fi mode and into a rational (this is not going to help the situation) Te mode.

I think I just made ENTJs sound extremely vulnerable :S sorry all.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    lick

[QUOTE=Risen;910838] Then, when he is out of the picture or below you in position [QUOTE]

Good luck against an ENTJ

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    lick

Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    ENTJs are highly vulnerable at the core. When someone assaults our inferior Fi by getting away with something that is simply unjust to us, we turn to Te to help us retaliate. With professional situations, Te can often be of no use, and so we become completely powerless and miserable and this makes us more angry.

One thing that works for me is when people (especially people I consider to be really wise and perceptive *cough*INTPs*), analyze the situation with me and show me how they agree with me about how unfair it is but also demonstrate to me that doing something about it will not be helpful.

Try to push him out of hyperactive Fi mode and into a rational (this is not going to help the situation) Te mode.

I think I just made ENTJs sound extremely vulnerable :S sorry all.
    Dammit, you've blown our cover!.

Very well put though

INTJ's do a very good job at becoming hyper-rational in dealing with ENTJ's to conpensate for the weak Fi too. I think that's why INTJ's and INTP's do well in relationships with ENTJ's. Although it's still not equal to the comfortable feeling you get with a nice NF... when they aren't going bat-crazy over trivial shit that is.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Silencio View Post
    Dammit, you've blown our cover!.

Very well put though

INTJ's do a very good job at becoming hyper-rational in dealing with ENTJ's to conpensate for the weak Fi too. I think that's why INTJ's and INTP's do well in relationships with ENTJ's. Although it's still not equal to the comfortable feeling you get with a nice NF... when they aren't going bat-crazy over trivial shit that is.
    Hahhaha yeah I kind of felt really uneasy revealing our ultimate weakness.

Yeah but the comfortable feeling is probably not as good for long term stuff.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    The obvious solution is to act like the sly and overly intelligent INTP that you are an employ tactics that will help you rise above him in the company while making him believe you are his closest partner. Then, when he is out of the picture or below you in position, he wont be as much of a pain/threat. And if at that point he tries to raise a row, you can just eject him from the company yourself (if that position carries such power), and let him mull over the reality of having to deal with his own sort of methods thrown back at him.

Or at least that's what I'd do. Heartless bastard.
    I'm not the one who he is doing "battle" against. I'm just observing ENTJ pitted against ISTP/ESTJ. ISTP doesn't want to be around ENTJ because he is at the point of getting physical and doesn't want to put himself in that situation. ISTP's extreme "P" has been the root of the problem. A short collaboration/deal dragged out into a 3-month ordeal because ISTP wasn't nearly as dedicated/committed as ENTJ. ENTJ had relied heavily on ISTP to deliver and it just didn't happen - costing ENTJ and his family LOTS of time, some money, some damage to his reputation, and even some added stress on his family. ESTJ is battling on behalf of ISTP, but can't out-argue ENTJ. ENTJ has his ducks in a row and an answer/legal opinion/documentation for everything and anything the ESTJ throws at him. Not to mention cutting and downright condescending remarks.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Silencio View Post
    they are in no position to be doing so, therefore with my intense ability to notice people's flaws and errors I will make them pay....within reason''.
    This is exactly what's happening. Thanks for the input.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    lick

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    I'm not the one who he is doing "battle" against. I'm just observing ENTJ pitted against ISTP/ESTJ. ISTP doesn't want to be around ENTJ because he is at the point of getting physical and doesn't want to put himself in that situation. ISTP's extreme "P" has been the root of the problem. A short collaboration/deal dragged out into a 3-month ordeal because ISTP wasn't nearly as dedicated/committed as ENTJ. ENTJ had relied heavily on ISTP to deliver and it just didn't happen - costing ENTJ and his family LOTS of time, some money, some damage to his reputation, and even some added stress on his family. ESTJ is battling on behalf of ISTP, but can't out-argue ENTJ. ENTJ has his ducks in a row and an answer/legal opinion/documentation for everything and anything the ESTJ throws at him. Not to mention cutting and downright condescending remarks.
    Wow that would annoy the HELL out of me. I have an ISTP as a good friend and while he can be a very hard worker when he finds something that interests him, he is TERRIBLE at following through with things that don't. ENTJ's hate relying on other people for these sorts of things unless they are completely confident that things WILL get done in a TIMELY manner. If what the ISTP did affected the ENTJ in the way you say it did then he must be quite pissed. The only thing that makes situations like that more annoying is when people try to back up the incompetant people. Nothing annoys me more than when I have thought out a way something NEEDS to be done, only to have someone fail to do it, THEN have someone else argue that what I was demanding wasn't necessary or warranted. People don't respect that NT's put a lot of objective thought into things and are usually right when they chose to make a decision. This tends to happen a lot with NF's. A lot of the time when I give out orders on something that needs to be done, they complain about me being insensitive when really I was trying to get a point across to prevent a huge mistake from occuring. I can definitely see the ENTJ you work with being openly condescending to people who show such incompetance in a field which is taken very seriously by the ENTJ.

Any input on what a healthy ENTJ would do? I mean, if not for childishly planning vengeance. How do they handle their Fi?
    (I'm having the very same problem: I can't simply forget things and get on with life)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    lick

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Any input on what a healthy ENTJ would do? I mean, if not for childishly planning vengeance. How do they handle their Fi?
    (I'm having the very same problem: I can't simply forget things and get on with life)
    A healthy ENTJ just lets it fizzle away. Never truly getting over it comes with the xntj package.

MBTI
    INFP

My ENTJ? Just don't question his personal integrity and you'd be fine.