• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's and Love Triangles

indiajones

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
This is me trying to figure out if the reason I have an obsession with creating love triangles, reading about love triangles etc. is just me or if it's a part of the NT way. Anyone else?

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm into them or obsessed with them, but I am in one right now if that counts.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ur projecting.

On a side note i'm really into water, are other NTs experiencing this too?

indiajones

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
are you sure? cus it sort of makes sense to me, because of the whole adventure breaking the rules aspect

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
are you sure? cus it sort of makes sense to me, because of the whole adventure breaking the rules aspect

What i'm saying is that it's more of a human trait and more generally an evolutionary trait to seek out rare ressources, be excited by problem solving and the prospect of a superior reward in case of resolution/acquisition. yet different sets of social rules, human guilt (tool of social cohesion) and the human trait of danger avoidance makes the actual resolution more of a conceptual bait than a plausible reality.
+ feelings of infatuation are addictive for obvious reason from a biological anthropologist's point of view

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Which btw, of course means that if you focus on it, you give it more importance, increase the percieved reward and by making it more of a big deal, also increase cyclical obsessive thoughts of infatuation and danger avoidance, as a mistake would lead to a bigger percieved loss.
There's also the fact that ppl in the competitive side of a love triangle (i assume u mean 1 girl 2 guys(or whatever gender you are)) (except if you're homosexual)
Anyway, ppl on the competitive side of a love triangle just are percieved as needy or at least not in a position of strength(they don't bring percieved value, they ask for value), which just isn't attractive.

feedback loops, ya know.

indiajones

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ha agreed and would like to clarify im not actually obsessed. Just was thinking about how it's a pattern for me. my words may have been a bit dramatic

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
When I say obsessive thoughs I mean 'repetitive thought patterns', not making a judgment

Bowie

MBTI Type
ENTP
ur projecting.

On a side note i'm really into water, are other NTs experiencing this too?

Then perhaps you might be into the.... Bermuda Triangle?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I know of an INTP who was attracted to very complicated scenarios. He loved to get dropped into a difficult mental puzzle (love triangle) in order to work his way out of it. I think it was more the hours of silent thought provocation, and less the competition element, which attracted him to it. I have no patience for that sort of thing due to the human element, but I enjoy different types of non-human puzzles immensely.

It seems to me to be more of an introverted type of pasttime, but I could be mistaken. It just seems like something someone would do if s/he wanted to spend hours inside his or her own head. But who knows.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have nothing with love triangles. Or well, I may actually despise them. At least fictional ones. They sure annoy the crap out of me on TV, in shows and movies. They're always portrayed way too shallow though, and I've never seen love triangle stuff in a show on TV that was not really badly written.

I don't care about real ones, as long as I am not involved. :)

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Most NTs can barely even handle two-sided love lines, much less triangles.