• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs and puns

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
My ENTP friend makes puns all the time, and I am wondering whether this is an Ne thing (you know, finding connections between things..) or just him being weird.

Thoughts?

Do you make puns?

I don't like it.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I spent most of high-school specifically training myself to avoid possible puns and double-entendres. And in an all-boys boarding school that's not easy. I have a black belt in pun-avoidance now. At least.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I spent most of high-school specifically training myself to avoid possible puns and double-entendres. And in an all-boys boarding school that's not easy. I have a black belt in pun-avoidance now. At least.

Aren't you the kiddy diddler

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
In Portuguese (my mother tongue), I find it very hard to go a minute without using some sort of pun.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
One reason I like ENTPs (at least female ENTPs) is because they always laugh at my bad puns, even the subtle ones that other people wouldn't recognize as humor. And of course, I always find myself laughing at theirs while everyone else is rolling their eyes.

I don't know what it is, but I actually find even bad puns that have been done to death to be punny -- I mean funny.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Puns are awesome, the more the merrier, until they become repetitive.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
FFFUUUUUU I should have known this would happen to my thread.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Aha. My ESFP friend has the worst puns in the world. I can't help but laugh at them.

His girlfriend was a trumpet player. He told me she was always horny.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My ENTP friend makes puns all the time, and I am wondering whether this is an Ne thing (you know, finding connections between things..) or just him being weird.

Thoughts?

Do you make puns?

I don't like it.

It's definitely associated with Ne. Almost every chronic punster that I know (myself included) is Ne dom.

T

ThatGirl

INTPs are the most chronic punners.

Incidentally I find them hilarious if they are actually smart.

indiajones

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Aha. My ESFP friend has the worst puns in the world. I can't help but laugh at them.

His girlfriend was a trumpet player. He told me she was always horny.

shame on me I laughed

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think of them a lot in conversation, but I try to only say the funny ones. I do use them a lot.