User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Default ENTPs: What were the last crazy ideas you had lately?

I found myself really wanting to post on the ENFP thread, so I figured I'd make a new one for us :-D

List your crazy ideas...on your mark, get set, go!

-a stacked garden that uses mirrors to reflect the sunlight onto the different layers of beds
    -tackling the ensuing water crisis by genetically modifying humans so we no longer need that silly little molecule to survive
    -cooling my computer via a series of water-filled pipes rather than using the manufacturer's internal fan
    -creating a bunch of rube goldberg machines to feed my dog, water my plants, empty the garbage can, etc., thereby optimizing my leisure time
    -a microvaccuum that sucks all the hair out of the pores on a desired area of the body rather than using razors to shave
    -maybe there is no gravity keeping our solar system in check but rather all the planets are hanging on strings above baby Jesus's manger...
    -a new thread to combat the ENFP crazy ideas

I also had a dream last night where I was an INFJ. Of course I can't really recall the details though...

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    -tackling the ensuing water crisis by genetically modifying humans so we no longer need that silly little molecule to survive
    That's a great and well thought through idea.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Let's go conquer the world! In secret, through sneaky tactics.
    3w2

Those who are content being normal lack the depth and passion to rise above mediocracy.
    To push beyond their natural abilities and create a reality from their dreams.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    That's a great and well thought through idea.
    Obviously the idea doesn't have to be doable; not all ideas are. Thus the modifier "crazy."

MBTI
    xxxx

I'm an INTP, but I still can have some "ideas."

- make a sailboat out of paper machÚ. It's cheap, isn't it?
    - make a parody about every other post on this forum
    - derive an equation to solve a Rubik's cube
    - "out of control" and/or people are like cancer; they have a lot of energy and don't respond to outside stimuli. (or, humorously, they reproduce quickly and without end)
    - a computer constructed in ternary rather than binary
    - the gravitational constant changes, if only gradually
    - the world is a x-dimensional hypersphere, possibly 4-D.

If I've realized anything in this post, it's that I need to read up on my general relativity.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    - derive an equation to solve a Rubik's cube
    - a computer constructed in ternary rather than binary
    I've tried the Rubik's cube one. I've also tried getting the Rubik's cube into a form where I can easily visualise the next move or the options. I've achieved neither successfully, probably because I want them simple enough that they don't require a computer to help me.

I've thought a lot about how to get computers out of binary. Having everything as on/off seems a limitation. Really it is the reason why they seem destined to stay calculating machines rather than thinking machines. With ternary you at least have yes/no/unsure(or don't care), which is a start. After reading an article on deaths caused by calculation errors, I think if registers could go it would be good also. ie. get the potential to have variable bit length numbers, or even just have the numbers calculated using a different system so the 10 most significant bits or something were never corrupted in calculation. You still have the problem whenever a subtraction comes up though because you can have two numbers 20 digits long which vary in their twentieth digit by one. And you can't have unlimited accuracy because things like pi and some sqrts would fill all your memory plus your HDD. The only way I can see it working is if all calculation steps are known before the calculation starts the computer could adapt to make sure there were no danger points where accuracy could be lost.
    Freude, sch├Âner G├Âtterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Br├╝der, Wo dein sanfter Fl├╝gel weilt.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

An elecric trumpet.

It has a metal rod that pics up the vibrations from the horn and an elecric pickup that transfers those vibrations to a speaker.

Hooking a vibration device up to an amp so that it would play what you played. Attach it to your own body(not like that you perverts) That way if your playing with a band(and playing loud) you could "feel" what your playing and still hear what the rest of the band is playing. Would take some getting used to.

Using the same principle as the vibrating amp but with a light system instead of a vibrator. Creates a perfectly synched, automated light show.

Combine all 3 ideas for best effect.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

^LOL. I know I'm a perv.
    3w2

Those who are content being normal lack the depth and passion to rise above mediocracy.
    To push beyond their natural abilities and create a reality from their dreams.

MBTI
    ENTP

-Create a suction tube transport that is on a rotating axis from the moon to earth to be able to transport various items to a colony that we will create there.
    -Somehow be able to chemically alter my body so that I can "breathe" through my skin, rather than having to deal with only breathing through my mouth and nose.
    -Create a time machine to go back in time and save jesus.
    If you were to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?

Quote Originally Posted by redsox44344 View Post
    -Create a time machine to go back in time and save jesus.
    Awesome!
    Freude, sch├Âner G├Âtterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Br├╝der, Wo dein sanfter Fl├╝gel weilt.