• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs: What were the last crazy ideas you had lately?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
invent a machine that can figure out someone's MBTI type immediately and with 100% accuracy. So people would just STFU and agree with what I say.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Theory: there is always exactly one fly inside your house. If you kill it, another will get in immediately, without even the speed-of-light delay, to annoy you.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Idea: build jet packs, and sell them to people in my school.

But first, they have to sign an agreement that I am not responsible for injuries.

Lark

If some kind of suits could be created which would include a hood or which where composed of a kind of breathable, nano film technology and made available to everyone which could diffuse kinetic energy, be fire proof and filter disease or toxins from the atmosphere then crime would become pretty much extinct. Someone should make those.

O

Oberon

Proposition one: In some not-too-distant future, the world's more advanced militaries will have powered, armored robotic suits that enable the user to move at great speeds and lift heavy loads without fatigue. These suits will (necessarily) have computerized control systems and built-in communications systems.

Proposition two: The inputs that drive the motion of the robotic suits can be provided by negative-feedback sensors inside the suit... or they can be driven remotely, over the comm system. Consequently...

Proposition three: If you are able to access the correct comm frequency and access code, and you have the right command sequence file loaded up and ready to go...

Conclusion: You could make the troops of an enemy infantry unit do whatever you wanted them to on the battlefield. The Can-Can, for example.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
In football.

Put sensors on the ball and on the sneakers. This way you won't need any stupid coach to make wrong decisions regarding the offside.

The players and the ball will be tini dots on a graphic. That would be cool. :D

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
^ You'll have lots of problems making the football association accept that. There are lots of cameras and sensors used eg. in tennis, but football? No, they want to keep "human feeling" into it.
Real quote. :doh:

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
In a corrupt country like mine the 'human feeling' in football is also corrupt. Most coaching errors are not random here. They are paid. Big time.

And after that there are a lot of tv shows who interpret the coaches errors and stuff. That is totally unnecessary.

People are subjective. Machines aren't.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Throughout the universe most stable things are round. They don't look like airplanes.

So why is it that in most Science Fiction movies the spaceships are airplane like, instead of spherical?

So I'm thinking that a spherical planet-like spaceship is way better. And we don't have to get super resistant matherials for it. If the spaceship would have it's own, earth-like magnetic field, protecting it from most of the particles thrown at it.

It would be super awesome if it would have it's own magnetic field generator in it's core.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
^Cool! That's the stuff new stories are made from...

Some of mine:

1) Why is it easier to repair a broken vase than to kill a person in Harry Potter?
2) Also HP: if you get into someone's memory, shouldn't you see everything from the viewpoint of that person, including emotions and thoughts? Also, shouldn't you see it subjectively and colored, as memories are?
3) Why would a robot look like a human? There must be better ways to build a cooking robot, a teaching robot,...

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
3) Why would a robot look like a human? There must be better ways to build a cooking robot, a teaching robot,...

Why build God like a human?

Well I guess most creations are projections.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Cheaper for movie studios. It's an extension of the rubber forehead alien trope.
And that's why I prefer books to movies. If a writer wants a flock of one thousand sheep, there are one thousand sheep. If you try to do that in a movie, the director will ask if ten sheep are not enough to make your point.

VYCanisMajoris

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
897?
If we create a space elevator in time and we're still haunted by global warming. We can siphon excess water out of the earth into a giant ice ball in space. Then we can crash that ice ball into the moon and extract water from it and other supplies that could be used to colonize a moon base. Maybe even oxygen?

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
If we create a space elevator in time and we're still haunted by global warming. We can siphon excess water out of the earth into a giant ice ball in space. Then we can crash that ice ball into the moon and extract water from it and other supplies that could be used to colonize a moon base. Maybe even oxygen?

Supposedly you use an ice-ball because you want to build an atmosphere on the moon... right? :p

How about we put an atmosphere on the moon by extracting greenhouse gases and thus counter global warming as well?

If you can make a GMIB (giant motherfuckin ice ball) you could probably condense and extract other elements on earth in similar ways.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well the GMIB then would transfer the ice age on the moon that sucks. And the other issue would be a proper ozone layer. To get the necessary oxygen for that, you would speed up ice age on earth, thats fail in both directions :D

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
Well the GMIB then would transfer the ice age on the moon that sucks. And the other issue would be a proper ozone layer. To get the necessary oxygen for that, you would speed up ice age on earth, thats fail in both directions :D

The GMIB, if impacting at high enough velocities, would experience a pressure that would generally up the temperature, vaporzing the water, and thus provide a gaseous atmosphere. This is why I'm saying, use greenhouse gases at least as well: that, plus water, would result in an atmosphere with oxygen to terraform the moon.

OK I had an idea for a couple of jokes:

-WiFi blocking apple paper-weights, for my teachers. I'm pretty sure I can do it. It'd be an apple made out of alluminum (i'd have to cast it somehow), because it makes for a great augmenter of a wifi signal for some reason.

-Halloween on christmas. Namely, I'd wear a santa claus fat suit, but in the fat suit, keep a mechatronic puppet.... of the Alien from Aliens. I'd set a cherry bomb inside that explodes the false fat and releases fake blood that mixes with guts made of the same material as those "growing dinos", so they'd inflate as they pour out of my body. The Alien would pop out in suit. Merry Christmas.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You maybe can mount the GMIB on a nuclear device which explosion should excell in a rotational manner around the moon. Then you'ld probably have some dark nights on the moon for some years, plus your explosion yield shouldnt be too strong to not blow off the moon; but if you're lucky in some years the moon gets an atmnosphere + a moon itself :D.

We just need to prepare a good excuse if crap like this happens :D

moon_crash.jpg

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
You maybe can mount the GMIB on a nuclear device which explosion should excell in a rotational manner around the moon. Then you'ld probably have some dark nights on the moon for some years, plus your explosion yield shouldnt be too strong to not blow off the moon; but if you're lucky in some years the moon gets an atmnosphere + a moon itself :D.

We just need to prepare a good excuse if crap like this happens :D

moon_crash.jpg

Actually, that's great. The dark nights would be counteracted by the fact that the heat from the explosion could get trapped in by the greenhouse gases.

Now let's type this up and sell it to NASA.

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
There's been a fever bug going around, and I got afflicted.

I turned it into a competition on to who can get the highest fever. Currently I'm in fourth place with 38.3 degrees celsius; the record is 40.1 degrees.