User Tag List

First 715161718 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by VYCanisMajoris View Post
    If we create a space elevator in time and we're still haunted by global warming. We can siphon excess water out of the earth into a giant ice ball in space. Then we can crash that ice ball into the moon and extract water from it and other supplies that could be used to colonize a moon base. Maybe even oxygen?
    Sounds like a good idea. One huge problem, though: the moon's gravity is too low to support an atmosphere. Most of what you put on it would be pulled away back to Earth. At the moment, the moon's atmosphere is so little that it's practically considered a vacuum.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Well then we'll just have to take a chunk out of the Earth and stick it into the moon, obviously.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mrsherlockholmes View Post
    Well then we'll just have to take a chunk out of the Earth and stick it into the moon, obviously.
    Actually, that's probably how it got there in the first place.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Yeah I know.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    897?
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Almighty View Post
    Supposedly you use an ice-ball because you want to build an atmosphere on the moon... right? :p

How about we put an atmosphere on the moon by extracting greenhouse gases and thus counter global warming as well?

If you can make a GMIB (giant motherfuckin ice ball) you could probably condense and extract other elements on earth in similar ways.
    hahaa yeah man..there would tons of challenges. even getting the ice out of the syphon tube before it froze, (heated tubing?, insulated tubing?, maybe it comes out frozen?) anyway. I know it wouldn't just pour out onto the moon. The iceball would have to be pulled to the moon and just used as a giant resource ball. Maybe oxygen, water, plant life, etc. could be extracted... maybe we could use things better on mars....

but yeah, maybe it could help build an atmosphere...but as others have pointed out the gravity is a problem for making the moon have an atmosphere... also the giant space dragon within the moons core waiting to be born.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Becoming a comedian..?
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by VYCanisMajoris View Post
    hahaa yeah man..there would tons of challenges. even getting the ice out of the syphon tube before it froze, (heated tubing?, insulated tubing?, maybe it comes out frozen?) anyway. I know it wouldn't just pour out onto the moon. The iceball would have to be pulled to the moon and just used as a giant resource ball. Maybe oxygen, water, plant life, etc. could be extracted... maybe we could use things better on mars....

but yeah, maybe it could help build an atmosphere...but as others have pointed out the gravity is a problem for making the moon have an atmosphere... also the giant space dragon within the moons core waiting to be born.
    I'm not sure how much atmosphere the moon has, but if it's practically considered a vaccuum I imagine it would be pretty damn well insulated. In a vaccuum it is neither hot nor cold because there is no matter for the heat to pass through. It might freeze when it reaches the surface, but inside pipes it'd probably be okay so long as it didn't touch. But I came in late so I may have missed something.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

- Create a chemical which you can put around the opening of a water bottle to prevent the scent of alcohol from escaping (Sneaking vodka into water bottles is the thing for underage drinkers like me). It can prevent cops from smelling the bottle and assuming it's alcohol, as well as play a decent prank on someone who thinks it's water.

- Increase pay raises for employees working at a company who are willing to advertise it on their car windows and such. Not only do you get cheaper advertising, employees will be happier with the pay raise.

I wanna contribute! not even an ENTP but still.

It's getting kind of cold here in finland, and for a short time when you come inside the coldness just wont go away. So with quick thinking i figured you feel cold cos the cold air stays for a while under your clothes. So i went lying on our heated kitchen floor and kind of slightly lifted my body up and then down so the warm floor air would replace the cold air. Didnt work, and i felt weird having sex with the floor.

MBTI
    ENTP

Why keep the warmth that our body produces in the clothes...when we can make the clothes produce warmth.