First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    3) Why would a robot look like a human? There must be better ways to build a cooking robot, a teaching robot,...
    Cheaper for movie studios. It's an extension of the rubber forehead alien trope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    3) Why would a robot look like a human? There must be better ways to build a cooking robot, a teaching robot,...
    Why build God like a human?

Well I guess most creations are projections.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Cheaper for movie studios. It's an extension of the rubber forehead alien trope.
    And that's why I prefer books to movies. If a writer wants a flock of one thousand sheep, there are one thousand sheep. If you try to do that in a movie, the director will ask if ten sheep are not enough to make your point.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    897?
    Socionics
    IEE

If we create a space elevator in time and we're still haunted by global warming. We can siphon excess water out of the earth into a giant ice ball in space. Then we can crash that ice ball into the moon and extract water from it and other supplies that could be used to colonize a moon base. Maybe even oxygen?

MBTI
    ENXP

Quote Originally Posted by VYCanisMajoris View Post
    If we create a space elevator in time and we're still haunted by global warming. We can siphon excess water out of the earth into a giant ice ball in space. Then we can crash that ice ball into the moon and extract water from it and other supplies that could be used to colonize a moon base. Maybe even oxygen?
    Supposedly you use an ice-ball because you want to build an atmosphere on the moon... right? :p

How about we put an atmosphere on the moon by extracting greenhouse gases and thus counter global warming as well?

If you can make a GMIB (giant motherfuckin ice ball) you could probably condense and extract other elements on earth in similar ways.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Well the GMIB then would transfer the ice age on the moon that sucks. And the other issue would be a proper ozone layer. To get the necessary oxygen for that, you would speed up ice age on earth, thats fail in both directions
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENXP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Well the GMIB then would transfer the ice age on the moon that sucks. And the other issue would be a proper ozone layer. To get the necessary oxygen for that, you would speed up ice age on earth, thats fail in both directions
    The GMIB, if impacting at high enough velocities, would experience a pressure that would generally up the temperature, vaporzing the water, and thus provide a gaseous atmosphere. This is why I'm saying, use greenhouse gases at least as well: that, plus water, would result in an atmosphere with oxygen to terraform the moon.

OK I had an idea for a couple of jokes:

-WiFi blocking apple paper-weights, for my teachers. I'm pretty sure I can do it. It'd be an apple made out of alluminum (i'd have to cast it somehow), because it makes for a great augmenter of a wifi signal for some reason.

-Halloween on christmas. Namely, I'd wear a santa claus fat suit, but in the fat suit, keep a mechatronic puppet.... of the Alien from Aliens. I'd set a cherry bomb inside that explodes the false fat and releases fake blood that mixes with guts made of the same material as those "growing dinos", so they'd inflate as they pour out of my body. The Alien would pop out in suit. Merry Christmas.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You maybe can mount the GMIB on a nuclear device which explosion should excell in a rotational manner around the moon. Then you'ld probably have some dark nights on the moon for some years, plus your explosion yield shouldnt be too strong to not blow off the moon; but if you're lucky in some years the moon gets an atmnosphere + a moon itself .

We just need to prepare a good excuse if crap like this happens

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENXP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You maybe can mount the GMIB on a nuclear device which explosion should excell in a rotational manner around the moon. Then you'ld probably have some dark nights on the moon for some years, plus your explosion yield shouldnt be too strong to not blow off the moon; but if you're lucky in some years the moon gets an atmnosphere + a moon itself .

We just need to prepare a good excuse if crap like this happens

Actually, that's great. The dark nights would be counteracted by the fact that the heat from the explosion could get trapped in by the greenhouse gases.

Now let's type this up and sell it to NASA.

MBTI
    ENXP

There's been a fever bug going around, and I got afflicted.

I turned it into a competition on to who can get the highest fever. Currently I'm in fourth place with 38.3 degrees celsius; the record is 40.1 degrees.