• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs: What were the last crazy ideas you had lately?

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
If we create a space elevator in time and we're still haunted by global warming. We can siphon excess water out of the earth into a giant ice ball in space. Then we can crash that ice ball into the moon and extract water from it and other supplies that could be used to colonize a moon base. Maybe even oxygen?

Sounds like a good idea. One huge problem, though: the moon's gravity is too low to support an atmosphere. Most of what you put on it would be pulled away back to Earth. At the moment, the moon's atmosphere is so little that it's practically considered a vacuum.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Well then we'll just have to take a chunk out of the Earth and stick it into the moon, obviously.

VYCanisMajoris

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
897?
Supposedly you use an ice-ball because you want to build an atmosphere on the moon... right? :p

How about we put an atmosphere on the moon by extracting greenhouse gases and thus counter global warming as well?

If you can make a GMIB (giant motherfuckin ice ball) you could probably condense and extract other elements on earth in similar ways.

hahaa yeah man..there would tons of challenges. even getting the ice out of the syphon tube before it froze, (heated tubing?, insulated tubing?, maybe it comes out frozen?) anyway. I know it wouldn't just pour out onto the moon. The iceball would have to be pulled to the moon and just used as a giant resource ball. Maybe oxygen, water, plant life, etc. could be extracted... maybe we could use things better on mars....

but yeah, maybe it could help build an atmosphere...but as others have pointed out the gravity is a problem for making the moon have an atmosphere... also the giant space dragon within the moons core waiting to be born.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
hahaa yeah man..there would tons of challenges. even getting the ice out of the syphon tube before it froze, (heated tubing?, insulated tubing?, maybe it comes out frozen?) anyway. I know it wouldn't just pour out onto the moon. The iceball would have to be pulled to the moon and just used as a giant resource ball. Maybe oxygen, water, plant life, etc. could be extracted... maybe we could use things better on mars....

but yeah, maybe it could help build an atmosphere...but as others have pointed out the gravity is a problem for making the moon have an atmosphere... also the giant space dragon within the moons core waiting to be born.

I'm not sure how much atmosphere the moon has, but if it's practically considered a vaccuum I imagine it would be pretty damn well insulated. In a vaccuum it is neither hot nor cold because there is no matter for the heat to pass through. It might freeze when it reaches the surface, but inside pipes it'd probably be okay so long as it didn't touch. But I came in late so I may have missed something.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
- Create a chemical which you can put around the opening of a water bottle to prevent the scent of alcohol from escaping (Sneaking vodka into water bottles is the thing for underage drinkers like me). It can prevent cops from smelling the bottle and assuming it's alcohol, as well as play a decent prank on someone who thinks it's water.

- Increase pay raises for employees working at a company who are willing to advertise it on their car windows and such. Not only do you get cheaper advertising, employees will be happier with the pay raise. :)

Barlwooh

I wanna contribute! not even an ENTP but still.

It's getting kind of cold here in finland, and for a short time when you come inside the coldness just wont go away. So with quick thinking i figured you feel cold cos the cold air stays for a while under your clothes. So i went lying on our heated kitchen floor and kind of slightly lifted my body up and then down so the warm floor air would replace the cold air. Didnt work, and i felt weird having sex with the floor.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Why keep the warmth that our body produces in the clothes...when we can make the clothes produce warmth.

N

NPcomplete

Slightly caffeinated toothpaste so I could be fully awake while brushing my teeth.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
A Chinese president, just to really fuck with people.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Why keep the warmth that our body produces in the clothes...when we can make the clothes produce warmth.

Yeah, when I was younger I had the simple idea of having clothes with little pockets for ice/heat packs. I reckon with the technology of today they could probably add tiny thermal heating tubes or something in the thread of some thickish clothing to keep you warm, and it would be operated by a little battery you can put on your belt or in a pocket or something.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
The time travelling toothpick. Each tooth corresponds with a number of years, you just put it there and go back in time. Awesome!

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not an ENTP and I still have crazy ideas on a daily basis...with no one to share them with...*sniff*

I want to open a school so that I can train a group of people like Bene Gesserits.

I want to change the education system so that all the SJs, NFs, NTs, and SPs are educated in a way they can relate and understand. They also have periods of social mixing where they learn that every type brings something good with it and none is better than the other.

I want to make a treadmill or bike that you can power for electricity sell it back to the grid like they do with solar energy...or at least lower your bill by a few dollars a month.

I want to make a machine that will wash a baby. If you've ever had kids and dealt with a blow-out diaper, you will know what I mean. It's call the Dunk-O-Matic. You hold the baby and dunk their little hind parts in it and they come out clean!

I want to re-engineer humans so that in times of great need, we can photosynthesize sunlight. Yeah...sexy green skin just like an Orion!

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
The snow reminds me of an idea I had as a child.
I was firmly convinced school should be there when the weather was too boring to play in it. Snow that stays(*) or hot enough to play in the sand: free. We could perfectly make it up - why go outside if it's only sunny and not warm enough to play in the sand? School is more interesting than that. In short: weather-dependent holidays.
I also didn't want the adults to complain about snow. I was convinced God listened to them and gave them what they wanted. I did my best to thank God extensively for each snowflake in the hope He would send more (and more and more and enough to play for a whole winter!)
Didn't work :(

(*) In Belgium, it never (**) snows enough to get free from school. So we children wanted snow when we had free and no snow when we were cooped up in the school and couldn't use it to play.
(**) Except THIS winter, maybe. School hasn't stopped yet, but this is the first time I've heard trucks weren't allowed on the highway.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyGDxglTVgA"].[/youtube]

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I actually am still of that opinion. We could abolish useless holidays like Assumption (when it rains - and who literally believes that Jesus has been gone bodily to heaven anyway?) and All Saints day (when it is misty - and who wants to remember dead people who you never knew before? Nobody does that; they just use the free day to do whatever that has nothing to do with saints any more!) and instead get some Snow Holidays.
No traffic is allowed on the roads, except for sleighs. No salt thrown on the roads to destroy the precious snow (and no salt getting into the nature). No stress about having to drive in the snow. Even the adults can enjoy the snow again! You pass your day playing with snow and you make hot soup and hot chocolate. Doesn't that sound wonderful?
(I've got to work out some details yet. Like - how to get the ingredients for the soup at your house? And what with emergencies?)

Edit. I'm now thinking of reforming the whole holiday system. In my country, the Muslims get free on their holidays as well as on the Christian ones, which annoys some Christian people who want to get free on the Muslim holidays too! And then there is Easter with its impossible date calculation, which results in ever-changing lengths of trimesters at school. And then there is Assumption and those other holidays that always are on a Thursday, which makes that some classes get only one hour of your subject in the whole trimester.
Let's spread those holidays a bit. What do you think of winter and summer solstice + the equinoxes?
The Christians can celebrate Christmas on winter solstice, the atheists and the wiccans can celebrate the solstice, the Jews can celebrate Hannukah then... and it's all on the same day, which allows families with members of different faith to celebrate all together! Wouldn't that bring a little bit of more tolerance in the world?

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
If all smokers would exhale the entire smoke they have inhaled (and will inhale) during their lifetime, at the same time, would the planet go dark?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
At last I implemented an idea I've had for some time. Make my own nanowrimo-style word counter. I don't know a lot about nanowrimo, except that it is on november (the busiest month of the year) and that it is a contest to write at least a certain amount of words during that month.
I fear that if I do that, I wouldn't dare to scratch and the quality of the work would be really low. I wanted a word counter which didn't only measure words, but also time devoted, words scratched,...
I made an excel spreadsheet for that. I used it already at the end of novel #3. It shows a more or less constant total word count, but lots of scratchings and rewritings. Now I'm using it for the start of novel #4, and it shows lots of progress and almost no scratchings. Which is quite normal, I guess - the editing comes at the end.