User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 213

  1. #81
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Creep creep creeepin! :P

    I'd offer myself as a viable replacement INTP, but alas, it shall not be. If you still want to work it out with that other INTP, I'd suggest trying to be as open as possible when you think he's misreading you. Be upfront and very clear about whatever your intentions and feelings are so that he actually understands and doesn't have to jump to conclusions. Unfortunately for us, it we get to the point where we feel like we have to second guess your intentions, I've found that the relationship is already on the downhill slope. Trust for INTPs means A LOT, and if it begins to wane in any part of their mind then it needs to be corrected promptly or it will continue to be a growing thorn in the relationship.

    Sometimes our social ineptitude and strong Ti leads us to false conclusions about the people we love, and their intentions. In this depressing world full of unscrupulous characters, we sometimes get carried away with the possibilities floating in our minds (...paranoia) and fail to see the true nature of those close to us. Just tell him you love him, and tell him to stop acting that we because it annoys you and puts a strain on the relationship. Tell him not to worry so much.

    And if that doesn't work then... .
    What time can you pick me up at the airport?
    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Type description can feel like it fits someone really well, especially when looking two types with near same functions. You should look at functions seperatly what fits better on him.

    Extraverted iNtuiting
    vs
    Extraverted Sensing

    intp and istp use these both, but stronger function shows stronger and more often. you can see if someone is sensor or intuitive quite easilly when you know what your looking for.
    I did look at the descriptions of Ne and Se. What I've been trying to say, is that I don't want to walk through how I arrived at his type in this thread, because I don't want to sit give examples of each thing that he did that made me think he was an INTP over ISTP and relate them to the descriptions, since i'm no longer really questioning his type, unless he gives me more information to point otherwise. I'm now only questioning his actions. When I say, "The INTP type description fits better." I'm not saying "it feels better." I'm saying, "I read the type descriptions, the function descriptions. And have talked to him at length and have gotten to know him quite well, and based on what i've seen and heard, the INTP description fits better."


    *sigh*

    (And again. If, for whatever reason, a person thinks he's an ISTP, based on what they've read here, comments and suggestions based on that are still welcome.)

    Well, I guess you guys are training me pretty well in precision and directness.

  2. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    5w6?
    Posts
    205

    Default

    i'm no longer really questioning his type, unless he gives me more information to point otherwise. I'm now only questioning his actions.


    *sigh*


    As I said previously I am INTJ but really INTP as well since my J/P is borderline.

    Your description sounded close and the issue is easy - tell him exactly how you feel. Its the uncertainty and speculation (paranoia) that kills us. Only problem is I can go into a long story and from experience with ISFP in my life ISFPs hate deep discussions. Can't seem to handle it

  3. #83
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdielK View Post
    i'm no longer really questioning his type, unless he gives me more information to point otherwise. I'm now only questioning his actions.


    *sigh*


    As I said previously I am INTJ but really INTP as well since my J/P is borderline.

    Your description sounded close and the issue is easy - tell him exactly how you feel. Its the uncertainty and speculation (paranoia) that kills us. Only problem is I can go into a long story and from experience with ISFP in my life ISFPs hate deep discussions. Can't seem to handle it

    Thanks.
    Sometimes I think that i'm being direct, (see early posts in the first few pages on what I've been telling him), but I feel that he thinks otherwise. (Not just him, but INTx in general.) Where other types seem to think that i'm being direct. It must be just a matter of different thought processes and speaking different "languages" emotionally, if that makes sense.

    Perhaps its that since these types don't understand "feelings" as well as others, I have to be even MORE descriptive than I would normally be to get points regarding feelings across. You think?

    (I just realized that I wrote "I feel that he thinks otherwise." Cute.)

  4. #84
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    ...
    its not about what he did or does, its about how he came to solution that this is the way to do this thing. you cant understand him unless you know why he did the things he did. looking at functions seperatly helps you to understand why he does what he does. type analysis can help on that too a little, but its more of how some types act, not so much why they act the way they do. naturally you can understand why some types act the way they do from type analysis, but not much unless you fully understand each function that the type uses. allso some people might use functions that his type doesent normally use that much, like Fi should be my weakest(8th) function..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  5. #85
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    its not about what he did or does, its about how he came to solution that this is the way to do this thing. you cant understand him unless you know why he did the things he did. looking at functions seperatly helps you to understand why he does what he does. type analysis can help on that too a little, but its more of how some types act, not so much why they act the way they do. naturally you can understand why some types act the way they do from type analysis, but not much unless you fully understand each function that the type uses. allso some people might use functions that his type doesent normally use that much, like Fi should be my weakest(8th) function..

    I'm not sure how else to say this.
    I understand that INTP's are
    Ti,Ne,Si,Fe.
    I understand what each of those functions means.
    I don't understand as much about how INTP's choose to use feelings.
    I think that his Se is probably better than your average INTP, though it would normally be poor.
    I don't think that he has good use of Se compared to an SP.
    I think that he has excellent use of Ne.

    It now is not a question of retyping him, or understanding the processes.

    Based on this, I was now looking for practical suggestions and insights.

    (Where again, if someone, for some reason, thought he was using different processes, then they are also welcome to make suggestions based on their different view.)

  6. #86
    Senior Member Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    crap
    Posts
    209

    Default

    People, she thinks he's an INTP ffs! Go with that.

  7. #87
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I'm not sure how else to say this.
    I understand that INTP's are
    Ti,Ne,Si,Fe.
    I understand what each of those functions means.
    I don't understand as much about how INTP's choose to use feelings.
    I think that his Se is probably better than your average INTP, though it would normally be poor.
    I don't think that he has good use of Se compared to an SP.
    I think that he has excellent use of Ne.

    Based on this, I was now looking for practical suggestions and insights.
    Not every person have all of theyr functions precisely as theyr type normally have. functions can(and will) be trained just like muscles, the ones you work with more gets developed better. more developed functions run over the weak ones, for example if intp has developed Fe to the point where it works better than Si, he will be Ti Ne Fe Si, but still an intp because the strongest functions are what matters when thinking about type. feelings arent something that you choose to use, its something that you use even if you wouldnt want to. if feeling function is weak, it just doesent show that much(for the person who is feeling them or to others), because weak feelings get ruled by thinking function since its stronger. allso weaker the function, easier it is to hide it.

    Maybe i missed something, but yea, if he has excellent Ne and not as good Se as his Ne is, then he is intp if he uses Ti as first function.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  8. #88
    . Blank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    Wow, I just made an observation-based statement, and look what happened.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

    -----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

  9. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    People, she thinks he's an INTP ffs! Go with that.
    lol I think they ran out of ideas

    so its Si play time *evil grin*

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    5w6?
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Thanks.
    Sometimes I think that i'm being direct, (see early posts in the first few pages on what I've been telling him), but I feel that he thinks otherwise. (Not just him, but INTx in general.) Where other types seem to think that i'm being direct. It must be just a matter of different thought processes and speaking different "languages" emotionally, if that makes sense.

    Perhaps its that since these types don't understand "feelings" as well as others, I have to be even MORE descriptive than I would normally be to get points regarding feelings across. You think?

    (I just realized that I wrote "I feel that he thinks otherwise." Cute.)
    That's the whole point - we are not feelers. I have a well developed Feeling function and even have high empathy but at the end of the day I am theoretically applying what is fact for you.

    at the end of the dat u need to spell it out to avoid that paranoia coming out. Honest straight talking does it for me. Problem is any actions get analysed agisnt your words so action counts for more as action speaks louder than words.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] INTPs and relationships
    By Tessertime in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-03-2014, 12:58 AM
  2. [INTP] INTP's and fear
    By chippinchunk in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 09:29 PM
  3. INTPs and relationships
    By King sns in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 10:44 AM
  4. [INTP] INTP profile... and mine..
    By Cality in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 02:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO