MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    ditto.
    infps can be critical, thoughtful + objective. Look around the board! I know one just like the one described: analytical and cool about other stuff and feeley monster about his relationships.
    intjs are known to crazy with the Fi.
    Right, and so can I. So can anyone, but its a major part of his personality. I guess you would have to know him, and reading the type stuff he's not an INFP. He's not 100% sure an INTP, (though I think he probably is), but INFP is ruled out completely.
    I've considered intp, istp, intj, and isfp for him. (and infp for a short while after this whole thing started, but that was smothered quickly by the rest of the picture.) Reading type descriptions, more than likely an INTP. The information here is not enough to type him with.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

(I would do a start to finish case study on this guy to show his type and the path of this relationship, but I think the solution is still going to be the same. Boundaries and remaining friends for now!)

Well, actually, I just realized in our conversations, he gave me enough information to take the test for him. This is what I got. (assuming he was truthful in everything he told me. Yea, he's a raging introvert. Makes me feel like a superextravert in comparison. )

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
    Strength of the preferences %
    100 12 62 67

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Wow, he's almost an S.

Oh yeah, and here's a third option to whomever posted that long ass post on the 6th page.

3. You could choose to love him indiscriminately and make sure that he knows it. He'll be flabbergasted and will either back off or reciprocate.

You don't need to be truly sincere with number 3. Just remember all of the other how to date an INTP threads. Directness helps.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    Wow, he's almost an S.

Oh yeah, and here's a third option to whomever posted that long ass post on the 6th page.

3. You could choose to love him indiscriminately and make sure that he knows it. He'll be flabbergasted and will either back off or reciprocate.

You don't need to be truly sincere with number 3. Just remember all of the other how to date an INTP threads. Directness helps.
    What, are you trying to imply that he might be an ISTP instead? :P

To OP: If you decided that he is ISTP, and if after you have identified the problem for him he did not try to fix it, then you can be reasonably sure that he does not care about you at all, regardless of what other "cues" he might give. When there is a problem is when the love of an ISTP shines the brightest.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Heinel View Post
    What, are you trying to imply that he might be an ISTP instead? :P

To OP: If you decided that he is ISTP, and if after you have identified the problem for him he did not try to fix it, then you can be reasonably sure that he does not care about you at all, regardless of what other "cues" he might give. When there is a problem is when the love of an ISTP shines the brightest.
    No, I don't think he's an ISTP, i'm pretty sure he's an INTP. I was just throwing other options out that i've thought of.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    Wow, he's almost an S.

I think i've been pretty direct. I don't love him, so that wouldn't work for either of us. I don't know him well enough. (I'm still trying to work through my last guy, actually. He knows that, too.) He knows it all. He knows my whole story. He knows I like him and just don't want to lie or play games. He knows I wouldn't mind a relationship but don't need one either. He knows I don't want anything confusing. He knows I enjoy spending time with him, but want to protect my own feelings, etc. He knows that if I want to start dating later than I will not hesitate to do so if nothing changes.

So maybe he's insecure about all this.

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    No, I don't think he's an ISTP, i'm pretty sure he's an INTP. I was just throwing other options out that i've thought of.
    But why though? Supposedly the difference between INTP and ISTP is mostly internal. I'm not sure what information you have access to, but I would think it'd be hard to distinguish between the two by observation.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Heinel View Post
    But why though? Supposedly the difference between INTP and ISTP is mostly internal. I'm not sure what information you have access to, but I would think it'd be hard to distinguish between the two by observation.
    He has that wacky indefinite way of talking, nothing is ever final, everything is always up for debate. He's got a lot of ideas. He's unobservant. His sense of humor is out there. (Well, so is mine so I try not to go on that too much.)

(I always thought the difference was obvious! I also try to type more by the entire type description rather than single dichotomies.)

And well, actually this thread wasn't really questioning his type so much as his actions...

Actually I think a few people have already hit the nail on the head with that. Jennifer and Spamtar and a few others in the beginning said things that he pretty much already told me. Except they said it in a more linear way (and it was an outside perspective. Shout out to Misty Mountain Rose for taking the words out of my mouth, too )

Maybe if I have an IM conversation with him I'll throw it up for an example later.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTj

This is making me gush and I've only read the first page

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    He has that wacky indefinite way of talking, nothing is ever final, everything is always up for debate. He's got a lot of ideas. He's unobservant. His sense of humor is out there. (Well, so is mine so I try not to go on that too much.)

(I always thought the difference was obvious!)
    Bold parts are Ti traits. ISTPs and INTPs do differ in the way they derive ideas, one through intuition and the other through senses, but then again how they reach their conclusion only themselves know.

Underlined part I need clarification, is this matter related to feelings? If it is so, then it is a feature of inferior Fe. Otherwise, both ISTP and INTP are suppose to be precise in speech, and always makes sense.

As to being unobservant, You need to figure out whether he is truly oblivious, in which case he may likely be INTP, or he is pretending to be oblivious, in which case he may likely be ISTP.

I don't normally associate humor with types personally.