User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

^Yes this is true. Also INTP self doubt or striving for perfection (knowing there may be something, some angle I may have missed, especially irl) often keeps me in check and collaterally gives the impression that I am polite (in other words if I didn't have self doubt I think, right or wrong I would be a pompous jerk).
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Wow, that was really perfectly stated. I can relate to 100% of it.

I think part of why we don't show anger and act out until we're ready for the finality, is that we're always trying to see the side we missed. We can be angry and hurt, but at the same time, still be wondering if there's a side we're not seeing, if there's a reason that things worked out the way they did. We don't like going off half-cocked. Once it's clear that our anger is justified, it kind of transforms into a calmer, but firm, resolve.

We don't like being out of control--real, emotional, in-the-moment anger always makes me feel like a child that didn't get her way. I have to test my emotions first.
    Yeah. When I get upset, I'm analyzing my emotions and the situation from all angles to see if I'm actually justified in feeling this way and bringing it up or if it's my problem and I should just "suck it up".
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Yeah. When I get upset, I'm analyzing my emotions and the situation from all angles to see if I'm actually justified in feeling this way and bringing it up or if it's my problem and I should just "suck it up".
    I do this ALL the time. I'm always analyzing my emotions and I rarely show anger or upset because I need to spend a while deciding if I am in fact 'justified' in the feeling that I'm experiencing (ack, I just realized I copied verbatim the phrase you used...but I've noted the need-for-justification so much within myself), or if in fact I'm missing something, or I'm just being paranoid and making something bigger than it should be and I just need to have some quiet time and it'll blow over of its own accord.

(Sorry, I'm obviously not an INTP, I've invaded the thread. )
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I do this ALL the time. I'm always analyzing my emotions and I rarely show anger or upset because I need to spend a while deciding if I am in fact 'justified' in the feeling that I'm experiencing (ack, I just realized I copied verbatim the phrase you used...but I've noted the need-for-justification so much within myself), or if in fact I'm missing something, or I'm just being paranoid and making something bigger than it should be and I just need to have some quiet time and it'll blow over of its own accord.

(Sorry, I'm obviously not an INTP, I've invaded the thread. )
    Hmmm... I don't react either.. Maybe this is just human nature.. Though I don't think about it at all. The default is just, "Don't react." Then stop thinking about it. and possibly bring it up a bit later if it becomes a habitual thing.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I'm dating I would say my third INTP now.
    I noticed that every time I meet one, they seem really cool, calm, and collected. Strong and not easily worked up.

I noticed once you start to become more emotionally involved, they are like emotional train wrecks all of a sudden. And i'm always thrown into the position of being the steady, reasonable one.

Clingy, whiney, untrusting at times. Extremely affectionate. Almost feminine. I don't get it. I usually think at that point maybe I mistyped them.

But I didn't. (One of them actually tested for a class.)

What is this all about, INTPs?
    What do I do about it?
    First thing I would like to say is that ESFPīs are pure optimists and INTP rarely optimistic and is most of the time pessimistic. ESFPīs are the ones that truly brings out the optimism in the INTP. An INTP that doesnīt know about this will act clingy, whiny and what not because heīs not used to the warm and spontaneous nature of the ESFP. Itīs like taking the lid off of a boiling saucepan. The social skills of the ESFP also intrigues the INTP because they often has none. My experince as an INTP with an ESFP girl is that they rarely dismisses the INTPīs clingy behaviour. Which is also a reason we might be very emotional towards ESFPīs because we wouldnīt act like this towards any other type. Thatīs it for now. Iīll fill in some other stuff when Iīm back from work.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think it's worth saying that the "cool and distant" behavior of INTPs (or maybe INTs in general, as I've done it too) is what allows them to be stable. It is their characteristic method.

Problem is, relationships are supposed to have some level of warmth, so as that cool distance fades, so too do our methods of maintaining stability. It took me a while to figure out how to remain independent AND appropriately maintain relationships. Sadly, this learning process was initiated by the end of relationships, and not during.

I haven't gyrated towards INTP status in years, but maybe that info will help somebody. *shrug*
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I noticed once you start to become more emotionally involved, they are like emotional train wrecks all of a sudden. And i'm always thrown into the position of being the steady, reasonable one.

Clingy, whiney, untrusting at times. Extremely affectionate. Almost feminine. I don't get it. I usually think at that point maybe I mistyped them.
    Yep....similar experience with INTPs here also.

Then they slowly become more and more belligerent. It feels like they want to pick a fight so you will end it because they cannot deal with the feelings....total self-sabotage. So then I end it, and they easily sink back into their original stoic state like nothing happened.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP

I donīt know if youīre into socionics but the duality between ESFP and INTP is quite interesting.

Complete relationship chart between psychological ("personality") types

The reason youīre so hesitant towards your INTPīs might be because the relation is very tense.

Sounds like you might just know some immature INTPs though short

Give em a few years or something lol

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by HomerSoprano View Post
    I donīt know if youīre into socionics but the duality between ESFP and INTP is quite interesting.

Complete relationship chart between psychological ("personality") types

The reason youīre so hesitant towards your INTPīs might be because the relation is very tense.
    Socionics' INTP is not the same as MBTI's INTP. The socionics INTP is equivalent to an INTJ in MBTI.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se