User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Why do all of these weird animal pictures have the most broken English imaginable? I don't get it. I don't.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Why do all of these weird animal pictures have the most broken English imaginable? I don't get it. I don't.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Brilliance.

Being with an INTP has taught me two things. One, I'm by no means the most idealistic person in love ever, and two, I actually have an anger problem compared to these guys.

From an INFP perspective, their emotions are a lot less complex and muddled than I'm used to. If they're sad, they're sad. If they're happy, they're happy. No long ridiculous twisted reasons behind it. Me, on the other hand...

Sometimes it's frustrating, sure. Other times, I think it's kind of amazing that someone can be so strangely...normal...about their feelings. You called it childish, I guess that's a good term. If they're healthy, I think that the INTP mindset is something to definitely gain from, and if unhealthy you're dealing with overly sensitive minefields.

There's no games with most INTPs, really, and that's amazing. At least from what I can see.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    Being with an INTP has taught me two things. One, I'm by no means the most idealistic person in love ever, and two, I actually have an anger problem compared to these guys.
    I, and probably most INTPs, don't get angry for the most part. I only get angry when it really matters, and even then I restrain my expression of it. I'll use it as a tool to protect some important value, or to get something to happen or stop something that really needs done. When an INTP shows anger, they expect finality and are prepared to back it.

From an INFP perspective, their emotions are a lot less complex and muddled than I'm used to. If they're sad, they're sad. If they're happy, they're happy. No long ridiculous twisted reasons behind it. Me, on the other hand...

Sometimes it's frustrating, sure. Other times, I think it's kind of amazing that someone can be so strangely...normal...about their feelings. You called it childish, I guess that's a good term. If they're healthy, I think that the INTP mindset is something to definitely gain from, and if unhealthy you're dealing with overly sensitive minefields.

There's no games with most INTPs, really, and that's amazing. At least from what I can see.
    Yeah we really dislike emotional games, and don't have the energy or finesse to play em anyway. The only thing is, especially when we're upset, we can withdraw into our heads, meanwhile giving out lots of subtle signals about our emotional state. We secretly hope that someone notices these signals and addresses us directly about what we're feeling. Otherwise we can have trouble showing negative emotions until we've thoroughly analyzed them and we have no choice to if we want to get rid of them.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    Brilliance.

Yeah I'll be honest I'm a lot more careful/guarded with INFPs now cause I've been hurt by them in the past and their.... complex emotions that seem oh so very good at turning my simple emotions from happy to sad

"I love you" or "I want you" in INFP world can mean "I just want you as an ideal fantasy, I don't actually want you" which can lead to disarray when I've trusted them and followed my feelings

The conversation is great, they are of the few types that we can have a long conversation with and feel completely relaxed around

As good as a lot of it is though its hard for me to not be a little bit guarded with this type now

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Lolcats 'n' Funny Pictures of Cats – I Can Has Cheezburger?

Lolcat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Yeah I'll be honest I'm a lot more careful/guarded with INFPs now cause I've been hurt by them in the past and their.... complex emotions that seem oh so very good at turning my simple emotions from happy to sad

"I love you" or "I want you" in INFP world can mean "I just want you as an ideal fantasy, I don't actually want you" which can lead to disarray when I've trusted them and followed my feelings

The conversation is great, they are of the few types that we can have a long conversation with and feel completely relaxed around

As good as a lot of it is though its hard for me to not be a little bit guarded with this type now
    Hey, I really don't blame you. The INFP romantic fortress is a painful thing to overcome sometimes. I think we INFPs overthink out own needs, and the INTP is more likely to straight-up say "I like being with this person. I'm happy. Why would I worry about future unhappy things when it's currently going well?" Whereas the INFP is like "I'm happy, but in the future will I be? Am I lying to myself? Is this all made up in my head or am I really truly happy?"

I think INTPs are more idealistic about love and INFPs are more rational. Irony.

PS: I hope the OP isn't too upset that we got a bit offtopic?
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    I, and probably most INTPs, don't get angry for the most part. I only get angry when it really matters, and even then I restrain my expression of it. I'll use it as a tool to protect some important value, or to get something to happen or stop something that really needs done. When an INTP shows anger, they expect finality and are prepared to back it.

Yeah we really dislike emotional games, and don't have the energy or finesse to play em anyway. The only thing is, especially when we're upset, we can withdraw into our heads, meanwhile giving out lots of subtle signals about our emotional state. We secretly hope that someone notices these signals and addresses us directly about what we're feeling. Otherwise we can have trouble showing negative emotions until we've thoroughly analyzed them and we have no choice to if we want to get rid of them.
    Wow, that was really perfectly stated. I can relate to 100% of it.

I think part of why we don't show anger and act out until we're ready for the finality, is that we're always trying to see the side we missed. We can be angry and hurt, but at the same time, still be wondering if there's a side we're not seeing, if there's a reason that things worked out the way they did. We don't like going off half-cocked. Once it's clear that our anger is justified, it kind of transforms into a calmer, but firm, resolve.

We don't like being out of control--real, emotional, in-the-moment anger always makes me feel like a child that didn't get her way. I have to test my emotions first.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Wow, that was really perfectly stated. I can relate to 100% of it.
    Yeah, me too.
    It was very well-articulated.

I think part of why we don't show anger and act out until we're ready for the finality, is that we're always trying to see the side we missed. We can be angry and hurt, but at the same time, still be wondering if there's a side we're not seeing, if there's a reason that things worked out the way they did. We don't like going off half-cocked. Once it's clear that our anger is justified, it kind of transforms into a calmer, but firm, resolve.
    Yes.

The "doubt" factor is a huge element.
    Maybe I should have mentioned that in Athenian's "Nice INTx" thread.
    Even when I'm upset, I'm still questioning myself and wondering if I am misunderstanding something.
    Acting in anger is just always a bit impetuous and unstable for me.
    I don't want to commit to behavior/choices on my part based on anger.

I haven't really had one of those famous "Fe explosions" for years now.
    Justified anger usually comes out as a hard, cooler resolve... and despise its cooler quality, it's not a great in the sense that if I've reached it, I'm definitely convicted of my perceptions/judgments and what I need to do and now I'm going to say and do it. There's no more discussion or flexing to be had.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft