• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] So I've had enough of my job and told off my boss

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
My secondary job of two years has been a disgrace. I've done random stuff there, interviewed mostly. It's been my primary source of income at a time, while at others, I haven't worked there for a month or few.

The work schedule is hectic, with the pay quite very low at 10euro an hour, rarely 13-20, or even es low as 7 (extremely rarely). They do every trick in the book in order to not pay their emplyees any "unnecessary" wages.

The workplace has captured me mostly because I'm a recoveree from burnout, unable to get another job at an urgent moment 2 years ago, and because I didn't have time to seek a better one. I've done there some work in between my other jobs, which have invariantly been much better. I think the workplace somehow depressed me to stay there. My fault, but hey, I'm learning!

Today I announced I want the money I'm entitled to from sick time that has directly originated from working in there. I don't know the legal mumbo jumbo terms in english, so just try to figure out what I mean.

Ok, I'll explain. In Finland, we're allowed to have some pay from days we're sick, subject to certain limitations. Independent contractors are not eligible for that money; in the corporate books, we are all independent contractors. Yet, the law states that that employees under a certain kind of dependence of subordinateship to a employer, is related to a employer in respect to the law. We are under that kind of subordinates that the law states. The company has avoided paying money to the sick for as long as I can tell.

I don't have a next job ready, but I'm feeling a boost that my professional self-esteem is returning. I'm ready to move on. I'm accepting the chance to get the boot. There are some municipal agencies that examine situations like this - some of them can take the issue under investigation, free of charge. I told I'm going to be working with some of those, unless I'm paid from work-related ilness.

Telling that was exciting, I feel a boost of energy. I am just hyped up to do all that's needed to do right now.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Good for you. How did they respond?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
She just said "OK". I'm moving on to the next job already. Wow, I haven't been this full of positive energy in a long time :) If I need to do a few days of work there before starting in a new job (if any), it's ok, If they kick me out, that's okay as well. Ahh.

Feeling of living must feel like this.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey, good for you.

Some people need the safety net. It sounds like you deal better feeling you have some control, even if changes occur to your environment when you exert yourself. I hope things work out for you and you move on to bigger and better; a stagnant life can be stultifying.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Good luck finding another job...

I don't think you don't realize how lucky some of us would be to have a job half as good as your old one, though. :(

In America, the kind of wages I'm likely to start off with would be worth about 5 Euros ($8) an hour... BEFORE taxes. And that's if I get a decent entry level position, which I'm not likely to. If I get stuck being a waiter, they can pay me 2 Euros ($3) an hour and expect me to get most of my income from tips. Of course, people who start off in some careers can make 3 times that, which I guess balances it out.

I mean, the economy is bad even in America. Finding a job in another country would be even harder, wouldn't it? What kind of wages do you expect to find?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I think my best moment in the work place was when I told off someone trying to hire me because they were gender discriminating.. calling them out on it actually got me the job I originally applied for.

Congrats on your decision, entirely. I feel so strongly on employers ensuring they do all they can for their employees, and anything less in unacceptable.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm aiming for 1900 euro/month jobs first. At this time it's hard - with 50-200 applicants/job opening, there's often some extremely well qualified people for any job, compared to the job requirements.

The 1900 euro/month job might be given to a person who could get a 2500euro/month job under normal circumstances. If I graduate in 2-3 weeks, I can compete well in those jobs.

If I need a job urgently and I'm not getting anything like that, I'll need a minimum of 8.5euros/hour from a light work or 11euros/hour from a heavy or depressing work. Anything less than that, and I won't have enough of time or stamina to continue on the job search.

I don't want to take jobs with uncertain income, as it easily becomes a bottomless pit.

I'm hoping that my small savings / some aid from the city & the government will help me over a 2-3 month period of unemployment, if needed.

Lesson learned: I don't recommend anyone to get burnout. It's so easy to lose grasp on everything in life, and it's hard to get it all back. The kind of money I'm after now I already earned 10-5 years ago. At first, I was thrilled at it - later, not that happy. I'd be very happy to have it again, though I'd go for the 2500euro jobs in a few years. This time, I wouldn't quit my old job without having secured a new one. (Or, so I say).

I haven't had the skills to be satisfied for less, and it has cost me a lot.

I always hated the whole idea in the past. Why would one focus in their mind to twist their idea of something, if their idea is right, and it's the material conditions that are lacking? So I thought.

No, it's useful to learn the ability to be satisfied for what you have. Dissatisfaction leads to such irrationality, per my own experience.