User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    It does sound like Fi vs Fe...I think INTJ Fi is pretty soft and squishy and safe once you get past the intense IXXJ-ness that Athenian described.
    Yeah, I think it is the Fe vs. Fi. Even the fun, familiar intensity seems intense to me, because Fi seems so unpredictable. In fact, that's probably why I can't handle NFPs at all... the Fi is too much there, and it's mixed in with Si/Ne rather than Ni. With INTJs, they tone it down enough that I'm not completely overwhelmed. Basically, INTJs end up being to me what INFPs are to most people... I literally need Fi to be THAT diluted before I can touch it.

INTPs probably seem a little dry because they just (generally) use bad Fe that reminds me of own social skills at age 13, minus the adaptability and perceptiveness (ironically).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

It probably has nothing to do with his personality type, but talking to my INTJ dad is like walking on a minefield - you never know when you're going to set him off, and then it's up to 8 or 9 or 10 on the anger scale for the littlest things. I'm not exaggerating. He always threatens and intimidates. And if everything's not how he wants it? You better run! Plus he has a narrow vision of how all females should be, and hates kids acting like kids. Extremely melodramatic and very scary at times.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    TNT

Are you sure he's not an ISTJ?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_ View Post
    Are you sure he's not an ISTJ?
    Maybe he is. He claims to be INTJ.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by PoprocksAndCoke View Post
    It probably has nothing to do with his personality type, but talking to my INTJ dad is like walking on a minefield - you never know when you're going to set him off, and then it's up to 8 or 9 or 10 on the anger scale for the littlest things. I'm not exaggerating. He always threatens and intimidates. And if everything's not how he wants it? You better run! Plus he has a narrow vision of how all females should be, and hates kids acting like kids. Extremely melodramatic and very scary at times.
    This doesnt sound like any INTJ I've ever met. Most of us care so little about things in general that we rarely bother to get angry. Anger has a very personal element to it... either fear or a perceived threat. INTJ's, in my experience, don't often fear things or take things personally.

If that's an INTJ, he must be a REALLY stressed out one.
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Sounds more like EXTJ to me, but it's possible that you're misreading some of his enthusiastic criticism as anger (sometimes we get fired up about things, and it's not anger, just a burst of Te energy). However I've never known an INTJ to actively threaten people.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Sounds more like EXTJ to me, but it's possible that you're misreading some of his enthusiastic criticism as anger (sometimes we get fired up about things, and it's not anger, just a burst of Te energy). However I've never known an INTJ to actively threaten people.
    I never threaten people unless I mean it and I can carry through (we're not counting playful teasing). As a result, I really only threaten someone once every couple of years. Someone threatening far more often and not following through is behaving irrationally and without self-reflection or concern for the fact that their threats are suffering from decreased value due to inflation. That's not any INTJ I've ever heard of.
    Personally, *I* think I'm hysterically funny.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

"One of these days maybe I'll snap and kill you" just doesn' strike me as enthusiastic criticism. But oh well. I can deal with it and he can be really kind sometimes. Plus, well, he's my dad.
    That's a joke. I say the same kind of stuff with a straight face all the time. If he was really going to snap and kill you, he'd never SAY so. IF he's actually an INTJ.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

my intj threatens to kill me at least 12x per day. our banter gets pretty aggressive tho.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    my intj threatens to kill me at least 12x per day. our banter gets pretty aggressive tho.
    That's just what we call pillow talk, baby.