Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I put out there what I have, I'm sure some people don't like or agree with my presentation. I try to be clear and make the points I want to make. If people want to get an attitude about an ENFP trying to make logical points, then they can. It's happened before, I'm sure.

Anyone who posts anything pointed or with strong feeling behind it is going to have people react to them. It's easier to try to be wishy washy about everything, but not everyone has that desire.

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    Why would anyone admit to being a PI? I'm confused.
    It's like asking "How come some people pretend to act so humble!" "I don't!" If you admit to it first, then other people can't label you with it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

I freely admit as an INFP I like splashing around in the shallows of intellectualism, and it's always fun to yank on people's hyper-logical chains. I'm usually on the vague, feeling side, so when I can pin someone like bug on the needle of precise logic it's a fun turn-about.

Do I claim I'm motivated by dispassionate logic? Nope! Do I claim to be well versed in all the facts and have them at my disposal? Nope!

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Circle View Post
    Honest question--am I the only one who sees a lot of them posting on MBTIc?

In my opinion a pseudo-intellectual is someone who attempts to wield arguments beyond the capabilities of their logical facilities.
    Beyond logical facilities...meaning truly stupid people trying to appear intelligent?
    If you mean this, I can't identify any particular people.

If you mean people ignorant of facts who nonetheless form and argue an opinion...you may be on to something.

Though it is worth mentioning that to me, and probably to others, there isn't really any point in arguing something if you don't really believe your own argument. That is to say--when I argue, of course I think I'm right.

Anything that diverges from the truth is incorrect. But the truth is often so hard to discern for all people, which is why disagreement exists. So I think plain ignorance, rather than stupidity, is what plagues us more.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    nah their's a ton. I'm neither an intellectual nor a pseudo one, but I think this site does have a fairly high concentration of them.

and pseudo intellectual is somewhat different then an idiot.and idiot is someone who is a moron but isn't nesserily trying to look intellectually superior. while a pseudo intellectual can be called an idiot, they often don't realize that's what they actually are. an idiot can realize he's an idiot and still be an idiot while as soon as a pseudo intellectual realized he's an idiot can no longer disilluision himself into thinking he knows more then every one else on a subject(s). Shit maybe I am a pseudo intellectual. that probably doesn't make sense.
    So a psuedo-intellectual is an idiot who doesn't realize (s)he is an idot?

In a way, wouldn't that make us dumber than normal idots? Wait, did I just become a normal idiot?

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    Why would anyone admit to being a PI? I'm confused.
    Becaue being a Private Investigator is cool!

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    So a psuedo-intellectual is an idiot who doesn't realize (s)he is an idot?

In a way, wouldn't that make us dumber than normal idots? Wait, did I just become a normal idiot?

perhaps but you know you're a pseudo intellectual so you're not an authentic one in my book which gives you kudos points. like i don't think pseudo intellectual when i see you.

ps-anyone remember kudos bars i want one.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

pseudo-intellectualism was started by Pope Ronald Reagan $$$ during the first intergallactic war as a diversionary device used to divert the water supply from the dune monsters to the real intellectuals, who were the only ones who knew how to make ice. Pope Ron $$$ loved ice.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

This thread is such an intellectual boondoggle...

MBTI
    ENTP

To the OP, YES!

We should create a list of times and mock them.
    You can call me Charles.

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Private investigators always remind me of call girls for some strange reason
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.