User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post

So instead of choosing the name of a prominent figure or trying to stand out among all these arrogant self-proclaimed reincarnations of Greek philosophers, I just called myself, "Athenian200," to sort of hint that I was interested in this philosophical realm, but was just another participant, just another member of the crowd throwing their two cents in.
    Hah! How thoughtful.

I find that my own experiences revolve around me interjecting questions that I have already answered in my mind. I usually just bait people and attempt to see their viewpoints.

There are few things that I feel passionately enough to converse/debate about.

Too often I'll just throw in a random stance to see how people respond. Other times I feel the need to clarify the substance of an issue because people tend to misunderstand each other.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

None of us truly understand MBTI
    <3

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Soar337 View Post
    Is there really anything that can be understood in the first place?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Soar337 View Post
    Yea, when it comes to MBTI, THEN I'll start throwing around the pseudo-intellectual stigma. A lot of people think they're experts in the subject, but... nah. They presume to know/understand more about things that they can't know.

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.”

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I suppose for me I think it's better that I put forth a potentially false belief and have it torn down rather than to keep it to myself and carry on believing it.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    IsTP

They are easy to pick out. I think they are most in their element when correcting people's spelling/grammar.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Is there really anything to understand in the first place?
    Good question.

To be honest, I don't think there is... at least, no more than in any other self-help books or pop psychology ideas. All of those ideas are useful to a point, in that they illustrate a vague idea of what you are like, and what you are NOT like, thus allowing you to take a look at what you're NOT like, and examine why you haven't incorporated those qualities into your life, and whether you would benefit from doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Risen
    “Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.”
    Indeed, Risen. Each time you make a discovery that shatters your previous worldview, you wonder how you could have believed in something so simplistic, and you tell yourself you'll never fall for it again... but then, you build up a new layer of comfortable beliefs (which I've come to believe that human beings need to function), and it happens AGAIN.

The best thing about MBTI, I think, is that it gives you the building blocks to construct a new worldview from scratch if you find yourself in a situation where your old one no longer functions well at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey
    They are easy to pick out. I think they are most in their element when correcting people's spelling/grammar.
    Oh. In that case, I guess I'm one.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Disagreements go on forever when both parties are arguing out of a state of ignorance, for it is only knowledge of truth that can bring peace guidance to the lost and sight to the blind. People can disagree for eternity when neither party can see the true nature of what it is they disagree on. One faulty argument can never kill another, only the irrefutable truth can can bring death to the pestilent, fallacious mutterings.

*wink wink*

MBTI
    STUF

Look at all of the pseudo-intellectuals hovering over this thread in the "Currently Active Users" bar.
    Whoops.

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Me too; it's so much less effort than actually knowing what I'm talking about.
    But you still get the good feeling from thinking you might just seem insightful!
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?