User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm one only because I post on here at night and are too tired to think properly, yet still make a fool of myself by posting on here and sounding like a stupid idiot by talking about things that I don't properly understand. By using too many words in my sentences so that I sound like I know what I am talking about very much.
    <3

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Circle View Post
    In my opinion a pseudo-intellectual is someone who attempts to wield arguments beyond the capabilities of their logical facilities. They are the 15-year-old who insists on driving a manual sports car... can't blame them for wanting to try, but I feel it is appropriate to point out that there are negative consequences of misrepresentation.
    They're everywhere.

Go to a college campus and sit in on a student-run political theory discussion. Or, if that's not your dish, listen in on an undergrad Film Theory roundtable.

Go to an Art Exhibition.

Attend a wine-tasting event.

---
    In your mind, what constitues pseudo-intellectualism here on TypoC?

MBTI
    yupp

nah their's a ton. I'm neither an intellectual nor a pseudo one, but I think this site does have a fairly high concentration of them.

and pseudo intellectual is somewhat different then an idiot.and idiot is someone who is a moron but isn't nesserily trying to look intellectually superior. while a pseudo intellectual can be called an idiot, they often don't realize that's what they actually are. an idiot can realize he's an idiot and still be an idiot while as soon as a pseudo intellectual realized he's an idiot can no longer disilluision himself into thinking he knows more then every one else on a subject(s). Shit maybe I am a pseudo intellectual. that probably doesn't make sense.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    This thread is probably going to result in an "NT bashes everyone else" conversation. You're seeking identification through intelligence.
    Admittedly I am new to MBTI so I am not quite so aware of inter-type "sensitivities" and such.

It isn't a matter of identification (or maybe that is their underlying problem?) but classification. It is to everyone's benefit that we call a dog a dog and a cat a cat. However, some dogs want to be cats so they meow like one.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    They're everywhere.

Go to a college campus and sit in on a student-run political theory discussion. Or, if that's not your dish, listen in on an undergrad Film Theory roundtable.

Go to an Art Exhibition.

Attend a wine-tasting event.

---
    If your mind, what constitues pseudo-intellectualism here on TypoC?
    lol +1

They told me if I went to college I would meet smart people and be happier. At college, though, I mostly just met the same people from high school that I hoped I'd never see again after graduation. Whoops.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

This is why I like law school. (well one of the reasons)

Ginkgo

Admittedly I am new to MBTI so I am not quite so aware of inter-type "sensitivities" and such.

It isn't a matter of identification (or maybe that is their underlying problem?) but classification. It is to everyone's benefit that we call a dog a dog and a cat a cat. However, some dogs want to be cats so they meow like one.
    Fair enough.

I don't know what I'm arguing, really.

I think an appropriate question to ask would be: "How does one determine intelligence objectively?" You need a tool to assess who's a cat and who's a dog before drawing any conclusions. One's own judgment of intelligence probably isn't accurate.

However, some dogs want to be cats so they meow like one.
    I'd love to hear a dog meow (while I see the actual dog in person, and can make sure the meow is coming from its natural vocal mechanism).

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I'd love to hear a dog meow (while I see the actual dog in person, and can make sure the meow is coming from its natural vocal mechanism).
    No youtube videos then
    <3

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    lol +1

They told me if I went to college I would meet smart people and be happier. At college, though, I mostly just met the same people from high school that I hoped I'd never see again after graduation. Whoops.
    Meh, all the world's a stage. Progressions in life are just different acts of the same play.