• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ATTN NTs: how do YOU feel about partying/clubbing/raving and recreational drug-taking

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I smoke pot every now and then, but I don't like partying or clubbing. It has been 8 years since I have been to a club. I will never smoke tobacco products though, I drink every now and then, I have been drunk once and had a hangover, never want to have that experience again though it was interesting. I have a friend who is a complete stoner and probably an INTP.

Tradewind

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yea, I don't smoke tobacco or overdue it with the drinking. Hangovers are not worth it. But, marijuana is fine it just makes you happy and hungry. For me the appeal is the altered state. Most of the time I have so many thoughts going through my head that to slow down is a nice change of pace.

Eye 'n' Teepee

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm astonished at the number of NTs that say they would and do drink alcohol, and enjoy it, but "NO WAY would [they] ever touch DRUGS". First off, alcohol is a drug, and it is one of the more dangerous drugs available. I've seen this sentiment from people before, but find it really bizarre coming from NTs, who are supposedly rational and able to think for themselves. Alcohol has a fairly high potential for addiction, and hundreds of people die each year from overdose (alcohol poisoning). In comparison, marijuana is not physically addictive and no overdose has ever been recorded. But because the media bombards us with "SAY NO TO DRUGS" ads followed by Budweiser commercials, there's a stigma that is attached to certain drugs simply because they are illegal, and they are usually illegal based on seemingly arbitrary criteria. I expect better from NTs, really.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I'm astonished at the number of NTs that say they would and do drink alcohol, and enjoy it, but "NO WAY would [they] ever touch DRUGS". First off, alcohol is a drug, and it is one of the more dangerous drugs available. I've seen this sentiment from people before, but find it really bizarre coming from NTs, who are supposedly rational and able to think for themselves. Alcohol has a fairly high potential for addiction, and hundreds of people die each year from overdose (alcohol poisoning). In comparison, marijuana is not physically addictive and no overdose has ever been recorded. But because the media bombards us with "SAY NO TO DRUGS" ads followed by Budweiser commercials, there's a stigma that is attached to certain drugs simply because they are illegal, and they are usually illegal based on seemingly arbitrary criteria. I expect better from NTs, really.

Heurf Deurf.

An extremely rational person wouldn't do either of those substances.

Within

Permabanned
I'm very interested to know what other NTs make of going out and dancing to loud music in any atmosphere, and/or taking/experimenting with recreational drugs in any environment. What are you opinions on these matters?

As much as I like spending time with my friends I can't help but feel very uncomfortable and insecure when I'm out clubbing with them. There are just too many variables to keep under control. Especially when you add alcohol to the equation.
Since I never dance I usually end up in a chair watching other people interacting, or talking to whom ever sits next to me.

On the whole drug part I'm open to new experiences, and I have enjoyed weed on occations. But it was in a controlled environment. And it's really not an option to use anything heavier than alcohol when there's a chance I have to talk to strangers, it just leaves you too vulnerable.

Edit: I'm disappointed in all you ENTP's in the thread. I was under the impression that you guys were total players out harvesting the field with all your might.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Heurf Deurf.

An extremely rational person wouldn't do either of those substances.

I disagree. A truly rational and objective person would try them both once to formulate their own judgements on them and then live by those judgements.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I disagree. A truly rational and objective person would try them both once to formulate their own judgements on them and then live by those judgements.
I disagree. You don't have to "experience" things to know their dangers. You simply look at the consistent examples around you.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
None of those things interest me.

Gabrielle

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I'm quite surprised at the number of J's doing weed, to be honest. I thought J's liked to be in control of themselves; a chemically altered neurotransmitter balances that sends you to a happy place isn't really "being in control". Or perhaps they have different rules for themselves?

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I'm quite surprised at the number of J's doing weed, to be honest. I thought J's liked to be in control of themselves; a chemically altered neurotransmitter balances that sends you to a happy place isn't really "being in control". Or perhaps they have different rules for themselves?

It seems like a few of the J's in here, the ones doing weed, already have poor control over themselves - before they get high, that is.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I'm very interested to know what other NTs make of going out and dancing to loud music in any atmosphere, and/or taking/experimenting with recreational drugs in any environment. What are you opinions on these matters?
Depressants do not appeal to me. They'd only seem to wreck havoc on my braincells and I can get high on my imagination alone. As for the partying-drug using thing, I kind of think it's idiotic when it's done continuously.

Green Crack

MBTI Type
ENTP
A lot of misconceptions in this thread, you'd think NTs would be the ones least effected by the decades of propaganda and false information regarding illicit drugs.

I laugh at all the 'i would NEVER do drugs however i like to drink' and the 'i would never want to not be in control of my thinking'. Having done literally dozens of different drugs i have to say the list of drugs that cause you to lose control of yourself is very short and ironically enough includes alcohol.

As far as the original question. Clubs suck, bunch of drunk assholes looking for bitches and fights, and house music sucks.

Raves on the other hand are the shit, a night of mdma fueled jumping to the beat of some good dnb, trance, dubstep or what have you is a great time. Glowstick poi and vicks in my face to blow me up, yes please. I wouldn't expect anyone who's never been to a rave on x to understand it, let alone enjoy it. Hell i didn't even like the music till it all made sense that very first time.

Some drugs can be very bad when used improperly, such as opiates, stims, benzos. While i've never really seen anyone have a problem with psychedelics and i've known MANY a drug addict in my time seeing as i've based my entire career off of just drugs. In the end it all comes down to personal perspective and i think the way your environment has sculpted the underlying preconceived notions used to form an opinion effects your stance more then personality type. However i have noticed among 'drug people' the NTs have a much different perspective on the issue then non-NTs.

All in all i like to think i've been as close to death, and as close to life as possible (both metaphorically and physically) and i have been able to view and think about the world in a much broader spectrum then i ever would have living a completely sober life. Psychedelics have added a whole other dimension to reality, and i'm not talking about only while under the influence. So from my perspective my understanding is far greater then if i had never had such experiences. Take it for what you will as i know someone who has not experienced this will not understand, but it is truly amazing i recommend every NT try LSD at least once in their life for real.

doing weed

I always lol when i hear someone use the term 'doing weed'. Always said by people who don't 'do weed'.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
All in all i like to think i've been as close to death, and as close to life as possible (both metaphorically and physically) and i have been able to view and think about the world in a much broader spectrum then i ever would have living a completely sober life. Psychedelics have added a whole other dimension to reality, and i'm not talking about only while under the influence. So from my perspective my understanding is far greater then if i had never had such experiences. Take it for what you will as i know someone who has not experienced this will not understand, but it is truly amazing i recommend every NT try LSD at least once in their life for real.

I've always wanted to, but never had the chance. Even when I was "straightedge" I had a strange fascination with psychadelics like LSD.

That is an excellent post, however. It neatly summed up every problem I had with most of the responses in this thread. People need to look past their preconceptions and predjudices and really learn about what these substances are! Especially alcohol. The only time I really feel I am not in control is when I'm drunk. No other drug I've tried ever does that.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Clubs are unbearable. I've only gone once and between the cover and the absurdly priced drinks I feel like I'm paying 50$ for an experience that I wouldn't enjoy if it were free (too-loud music, skimpily costumed girls finding some dude to shell out ten bucks for a shot, mindless dancing... not so much for me). Parties can be okay, as long as they aren't too crowded and loud. Medium sized parties are best. In large parties, some of the club type problems crop up and I often find myself without someone to talk to or having a hard time finding a remotely interesting conversation, or even feeling a bit overwhelmed. Smaller or medium sized parties allow for more intensive and personal conversation and less inane distractions and bad popular-this-week-only type music. Never been to a rave. Might be fun if I were on MDMA, but otherwise I know I'd hate it as much as a club.

Recreational drug-taking: I take drugs recreationally, and enjoy it (though I do it pretty infrequently, for example aside from pot or drinking I haven't touched a thing in months). Hallucinogens are my favorites (psilocybin or LSD) though like everything else I only do them on rare occasions. There's a few things that I've tried once and didn't care for. Before I do a drug, I tend to do a lot of research on it: potential side effects, non-biased studies on addictive qualities and dangers, the kind of personality that generally responds well. I do that out of a sense of paranoia and nervousness, I suppose. Anyways, most drugs are and are scientifically agreed to be generally less addictive or dangerous than alcohol from every non-propaganda source I've seen, and it has invariable worked out just fine.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I love doing all of that.

Yes, I've taken different "things" before... but no more stuff like lsd or anything in a fine powder. And salvia...WOW. remember making a day out of smoking the stuff with a friend. It's pretty scary that some outside object can influence you so much and change your reality...at least temporarily.

I'll stick with sweet, trusty Mary Jane. :p My love is with her, and I know what I"m doing while on it!

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram

No offence, but people who do drugs and then go, "Whoah, I suddenly know more about life than everyone who hasn't done drugs. Yeah, man, I'm like a sudden philosopher of the gods, man." are uber annoying, to me. I just don't understand how hallucinating can give you a better take on life, or a better ability to take life in. Maybe you're still high? Just kidding.

I always lol when i hear someone use the term 'doing weed'. Always said by people who don't 'do weed'.

I don't even. You just said it too... GAH MIND GAMES!

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I just don't understand how hallucinating can give you a better take on life, or a better ability to take life in.

psychedelics do lots of other stuff than just makes you hallucinate.. the understanding that comes with using psychedelics(or pot as it is a mild psychedelic) is because it brings your unconscious to the conscious. in mbti terms, psychedelics makes your low functions(that normally work mainly unconsciously) work more efficiently in clearer way and you start to think in new ways gaining more understanding on things you wouldnt normally understand that easily or at all, also allowing you to have new perspective even for the things you thought you understood earlier.

This is the reason psychedelics work so great on therapy on people with severe traumas or other really deep problems.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I made a T-Shirt that says: "Who dances in the disco is just too broke to get drunk"

Since I am continually broke, I tend to smuggle booze into parties and you always find two or three people, who are intrested in your smuggled goods. That way then you can annex a corner in the room and get heavily drunk until the owners of the club drop you out. :D

I attended several courses in classic dancing but I never managed it so far to let loose in a club or on a party. Only one time my girlfriend managed to got me to dance somehow, I dont know how and I surely made a fool out of myself :D